When should i defoliate my plants?

• Thread starter xxsmokie88xx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xxsmokie88xx

xxsmokie88xx

When should i defoliate my plants
When should i defoliate my plants 2
1st time grower.I’m in end of week 3 flowering. When should I defoliate my plants? Having issues with humidity getting lower then 55 when my tent is open and can’t get it lower then 65 when tent is closed all the way up.

elduderito

elduderito

what's the humidity in the (lung) room where the tent is located? You can get a dehumidifier for the lung room...

xxsmokie88xx

xxsmokie88xx

what's the humidity in the (lung) room where the tent is located? You can get a dehumidifier for the lung room…
My tent is in my basement. 50 % humidity with dehumidifier running. So I shouldn’t do any defoliating?

elduderito

elduderito

you can probably get away with taking a few leaves off here and there .. but maybe best not to do it all at once.. take a few off every couple days.... if you can keep the tent open and stay at 55 you should be fine

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

To decide which leaves to remove, look at the plants from the top, as your pics were taken, and just remove leaves that are covering decent bud sites, within a few inches from the top of the canopy.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

You prune for 2 reasons, 1 to improve airflow to prevent sweating and mold or 2 to get branches into the light, prune before you flower, go evenly and lighley.

ShrederTHC

ShrederTHC

I usually defoliate right before flower, then every week or so until 25-35 days, strain dependent.

growsince79

growsince79

View attachment 1146844View attachment 11468451st time grower.I’m in end of week 3 flowering. When should I defoliate my plants? Having issues with humidity getting lower then 55 when my tent is open and can’t get it lower then 65 when tent is closed all the way up.
They look great. IMO Defoliating now will reduce humidity (and yield) by slowing growth / bud production. Are you exhausting out of the house? If so, you might want a dehumidifier?

Top Bottom