When should I flip? I want as much as possible.

• Thread starter TheGreek_978
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

This is my 2nd grow dwc style and I’m wondering when I should flip for my size of a tent (2x3x5). I want as much product as possible but I’m nervous cuz of tent height.

On my first grow (pic below) I didn’t let her get as bushy or tall or as many cola sites.

1st grow
When should i flip i want as much as possible

1st grow in flower:
When should i flip i want as much as possible 3

So for my second grow (pic below) trying to push to cover more tent and have more product and trying to have a better overall grow. We Learn as we go, so I’m Just wondering if I should let her go for a few more weeks 3+ or possibly switch in a week or 2.

When should i flip i want as much as possible 2

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

The general rule of thumb I've read is to assume the plant will double in height during flower. Looks like you have a lot of room for LST, you can really flatten her out and get a "bush" :)

HeathenFarmer

HeathenFarmer

I would plan on it at least doubling. In my grow right now I have 3 different strains, and they all tripled in size.

Ponky

Ponky

You want to top it. Make it low and wide. When it tries to grow up. You force it to grow wide. Using pipe cleaners or garden wire. When the Bush fills up most of the canopy but is still not tall. Flip.

HeathenFarmer

HeathenFarmer

That’s good advice and exactly what I did. Plants were 8-10” tall and around 12” wide at flip. Ended up over 2 feet tall.

TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

The general rule of thumb I've read is to assume the plant will double in height during flower. Looks like you have a lot of room for LST, you can really flatten her out and get a "bush"

I have tie downs for it to do LST was contemplating to do it or not.

You want to top it. Make it low and wide. When it tries to grow up. You force it to grow wide. Using pipe cleaners or garden wire. When the Bush fills up most of the canopy but is still not tall. Flip.
I’ve topped her twice already, I wasn’t planning on topping her anymore, but maybe I should.

Habosabin

Habosabin

This is before flip. As they go taller you keep tucking during stretch. Once stretch almost is done you let her go up. This is a 30 day veg. This is fimmed once at the 5th node giving me 10 main branches.

6F11AD37 8C27 40DB B8B3 34525BAF7F05
Last edited:
Ponky

Ponky

I’ve topped her twice already, I wasn’t planning on topping her anymore, but maybe I should.
3 might be overkill. If it's 18" or so now would flatten and tie it once last time and flip it.and as it grows kind of keep adding and tightening your wires to keep it going wide. Some strains 3x stretch. Some as little as 1.5x so it's a tough call on flipping. The stretch weeks are good for bending arms to expose more bud sites. And if you're lucky they grow straight up from the arms. Like spongebob when he flexed his arms to have a second set of arms on them.

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Personally, i would (based on your pic) lower the trellis, as each branch grows you bend it down and up through the next square over. Keep doing this until every square is full. Once each square has a branch/top in it and theyre all a decent height (allowing for a 200% - 300% stretch) i would strip everything below the trellis off, give her a week to recover and then flip to flower.. but like i said thats what i would do.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Looks good! If those little black fans are the same cheap ones I have you might consider adding a bigger fan. I'm guessing because my little fans don't seem to be enough to push air through the middle of my plants, so I added a bigger fan on the floor pointing slightly up through the canopy. Now I have the little fans blowing across the top.

Your plant is looking good from what I see. Nice. 😎

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

You got more headspace than i do in the veg tent so now i am thinking I too need to put in some action. Its 1 on the way to fill one 2x4. Thanks for this thread

TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

Looks good! If those little black fans are the same cheap ones I have you might consider adding a bigger fan. I'm guessing because my little fans don't seem to be enough to push air through the middle of my plants, so I added a bigger fan on the floor pointing slightly up through the canopy. Now I have the little fans blowing across the top.

Your plant is looking good from what I see. Nice. 😎
Thank you! They are 20$ ones from Walmart. I have them both on low setting now, because once I turn to high they move the leaves pretty good surprisingly. Once I start flower I’ll crack them to high which will help with humidity also

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Is that a humidifier in the tent? You might want to think of removing it. Especially now that the plant is getting bigger, you definitely should need to add humidity and it will screw with transpiration rates.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Sativas keep growing after flip until they start running low on nitrogen. Indicas generally stop growing within a day or so of flip.
Many sativas will triple their height and some indicas will go double. Plan accordingly.

TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

Is that a humidifier in the tent? You might want to think of removing it. Especially now that the plant is getting bigger, you definitely should need to add humidity and it will screw with transpiration rates.
It is, but I have not turned it on in a few days since the humidity has been fine on its Own in the tent.

growsince79

growsince79

+1

TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

Sativas keep growing after flip until they start running low on nitrogen. Indicas generally stop growing within a day or so of flip.
Many sativas will triple their height and some indicas will go double. Plan accordingly.
It is a indica, I grew it on my first grow and she got pretty tall but nothing aggressive

Top Bottom