When should I start adding fertilizer to fox farm soil?

• Thread starter Cannaleaf9
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cannaleaf9

Cannaleaf9

I'm on 6th day of flower and have yet to use liquid nutrients in fox farm soil (ocean forest and strawberry fields mix). This is my first grow ever and things have gone relatively well up to this point. My question is: When should I start to use liquid fertilizers?

Run off Ph is 6.5 for all plants

My numbers are as follows:

Let's say Day 1 was my transplant into 3 gallon pots.

Day 4- Plain water with run off PPM between 5k and 7k from all 5 plants. (organic nutes)

Day 9- Run off PPM's were as follows:

Plant 1- 4500
2- 2966
3- 4500
4- 2900
5- 3600
(Input was calmag and recharge with 170 ppm)

Day 12- First day of flower

Day 14- Run off PPM's:

Plant 1- 1600
2- 964
3- 605
4- 1200
5- 658
(Input was plain r/o water and silica at 31 ppm)

Today is day 17 after transplant and my next watering is coming up. As a first time grower, I am confused as to how and when to know how many nutrients I should feed. I know I at least need the calmag. I have the fox farm trio on standby...

IMG_7530.JPG

IMG_7534.JPG

IMG_7535.JPG

IMG_7540.JPG

Last edited:
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Time to add a PK enhancer! Just dose them according to the directions on bottle!
At least with straight FFOF+ course perlite, it begins to run out of gas during stretch. The suggestion above to add a PK enhancer is sound advice, but your plants still will need "some" N so look for an NPK ratio of about 1:4:5 or similar.

Cannaleaf9

Cannaleaf9

This is an old thread but I do appreciate the responses and I will add for anybody who stumbles upon this post.

I followed Fox Farms directions and added their nut line up starting a couple weeks after flower and everything worked great! Started with 1/3 recommended dose and worked my way up from there, never going over half of recommended dose. Water-feed-water-feed, every 4 days. My grow turned out great.

I did not do a mid flower flush which is something I will look into doing next time due to some buildup issues in week 6-7. (Or maybe a flush before starting the fertilizer regiment as well).

Noobster

Noobster

This is an old thread but I do appreciate the responses and I will add for anybody who stumbles upon this post.

I followed Fox Farms directions and added their nut line up starting a couple weeks after flower and everything worked great! Started with 1/3 recommended dose and worked my way up from there, never going over half of recommended dose. Water-feed-water-feed, every 4 days. My grow turned out great.

I did not do a mid flower flush which is something I will look into doing next time due to some buildup issues in week 6-7. (Or maybe a flush before starting the fertilizer regiment as well).
Just a noob question but do scale the pH when using fertilizer, 5.5-6.2 or just keep it at uptake 6-6.2?

Cannaleaf9

Cannaleaf9

Just a noob question but do scale the pH when using fertilizer, 5.5-6.2 or just keep it at uptake 6-6.2?
Fox farms would run off ph low, around 5.8 at first. But as the nutrients were used from the soil, my run off ph would slowly climb to the 6.5 ph mark.
When I started my fertilizer mix, I ph’d my solution to about 6.7 and my run off would start to climb up gradually until I was ph’ing my solution to 6.6 and run off was 6.6.
For this soil, I never added a ph solution of under 6.6

Noobster

Noobster

Fox farms would run off ph low, around 5.8 at first. But as the nutrients were used from the soil, my run off ph would slowly climb to the 6.5 ph mark.
When I started my fertilizer mix, I ph’d my solution to about 6.7 and my run off would start to climb up gradually until I was ph’ing my solution to 6.6 and run off was 6.6.
For this soil, I never added a ph solution of under

For this soil, I never added a ph solution of under 6.6
Thanks for the reply. Using a hydroponics system but I'm top feeding ATM. Figured around 6-6.2 as that's the uptake range. Thanks.

Top Bottom