When to add LABS to mix ?

• Thread starter sportyridr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sportyridr

sportyridr

I have searched pretty well on the net but am not finding any quality answers about LABS & dosing. I saw something on @Aqua Man last grow but damned if I can find it now.

My order now using RO water

I am using Pro-Mix Organic

Order I am planning on mixing
(When would I add LABS?)

Silica
Cal/Mag
Megacrop
Sweet Candy
Fermented Fruit Juice
PH the mix

Thanks

SSgrower

SSgrower

I am using Pro- mix, Premier Horticulture co. I use just for seedlings, what is your media in the future or this thru the grow?

sportyridr

sportyridr

I am using Pro- mix, Premier Horticulture co. I use just for seedlings, what is your media in the future or this thru the grow?

If the price and availability are ok I may go to Pro-mix HP in the future...

sportyridr

sportyridr

Lacto? Can you link it?

Sorry if I haven't been clear enough, I appreciate your wisdom here.

I have made 1/4 gal of Lactobacillus from this link here.

It's in its finished state mixed with Molasses.

I want to add to nutrient mix, dosing calls for 1 to 2 tbs/gal.

I'm asking when in the order should it be added to my nutrients which I mix in this order with RO Water

silica
calmag
megacrop
sweet candy
pH mix

My nutrients are mixed daily so this will not be sitting around in a resovoir

Lacto

Thank you

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Sorry if I haven't been clear enough, I appreciate your wisdom here.

I have made 1/4 gal of Lactobacillus from this link here.

It's in its finished state mixed with Molasses.

I want to add to nutrient mix, dosing calls for 1 to 2 tbs/gal.

I'm asking when in the order should it be added to my nutrients which I mix in this order with RO Water

silica
calmag
megacrop
sweet candy
pH mix

My nutrients are mixed daily so this will not be sitting around in a resovoir

View attachment 1093725

Thank you
Imo don't use it... but I'm very uneducated on this specific stuff. Much much better off using something like hydrogaurd or in a res or scratching in soothing like raw microbes or fish shot directly added by itself to the media.... organics in a res usually is a really messy business.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If you in the US and just looking for root protection then I suggest southern ag fungicide... if looking for a bacteria myco combo raw microbes or many others out there.

sportyridr

sportyridr

Imo don't use it... but I'm very uneducated on this specific stuff. Much much better off using something like or in a res or scratching in soothing like raw microbes or fish shot directly added by itself to the media.... organics in a res usually is a really messy business.

If you in the US and just looking for root protection then I suggest southern ag fungicide... if looking for a bacteria myco combo raw microbes or many others out there.

Alrighty man thanks , appreciate you giving some options to look for as well.

Really just looking to give em a lil boost adding it in to nutes. I'll just use it for foliar in veg/transition and see how that goes.
hydrogaurd

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Alrighty man thanks , appreciate you giving some options to look for as well.

Really just looking to give em a lil boost adding it in to nutes. I'll just use it for foliar in veg/transition and see how that goes.
Always remember less is often more... you have all you need imo... only things worth adding at this point would be enzymes maybe once a week and some BB/MYCO

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

My last grow was mega crop and mag sulfate with some tinkering on massive. Hygrozyme a few time and raw microbes... honestly I could have done tgw sane grow with just the mega crop, massive and mag sulfate.

With you using RO I would swap out mag sulfate for half dose cal mag and use mega crop... call it a day. BB and MYCO will be beneficial. Sweet candy... meh take it or leave it.

sportyridr

sportyridr

Always remember less is often more... you have all you need imo... only things worth adding at this point would be enzymes maybe once a week and some BB/MYCO

true enough...need to be reminded sometimes, still kinda new at this and reading others stuff gets things turning upstairs...always lookin for that lil extra something I guess lol

meanwhile i'll just keep on truckin :)

sportyridr

sportyridr

My last grow was mega crop and mag sulfate with some tinkering on massive. Hygrozyme a few time and raw microbes... honestly I could have done tgw sane grow with just the mega crop, massive and mag sulfate.

With you using RO I would swap out mag sulfate for half dose cal mag and use mega crop... call it a day. BB and MYCO will be beneficial. Sweet candy... meh take it or leave it.

Don't you mean the opposite about swapping the mag sulfate for 1/2 dose cal mag?

Kinda agree on the Sweet candy...bought it when i was in soil first starting

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

true enough...need to be reminded sometimes, still kinda new at this and reading others stuff gets things turning upstairs...always lookin for that lil extra something I guess lol

meanwhile i'll just keep on truckin :)
I hear ya... if ya look around the old heads here you'll find most run a very basic nutrient line up.

Personally I think there is not a single make or break it additive... they usually do more harm than good because most don't understand the nutrient interactions and ratios.

If you start simple then try something here ir there you will have a baseline to compare it. I promise ya a simple grow usually turns out the best results...then slowly build on it. Like I say don't worry about what you think your gonna miss out on in the bottles... the grower makes the biggest difference and that is an understatement.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Don't you mean the opposite about swapping the mag sulfate for 1/2 dose cal mag?

Kinda agree on the Sweet candy...bought it when i was in soil first starting
Sorry bad at typing sometimes and what makes sense to me often is confusing and can be read different ways.

I mean I would not bother with the mag sulfate because you are using RO. I would dose 1/2 the amount suggest on the bottle of cal mag.. the reason I only use mag sulfate is I grow with tap water that has about 80-100ppm of calcium in it so I only need to bring up my magnesium and use mag sulfate for that so I can keep my cal to mag ratios in a good place.

If I used just cal mag with my tap then my cal is getting pretty high and my ratios are not where I want.

sportyridr

sportyridr

Sorry bad at typing sometimes and what makes sense to me often is confusing and can be read different ways.

I mean I would not bother with the mag sulfate because you are using RO. I would dose 1/2 the amount suggest on the bottle of cal mag.. the reason I only use mag sulfate is I grow with tap water that has about 80-100ppm of calcium in it so I only need to bring up my magnesium and use mag sulfate for that so I can keep my cal to mag ratios in a good place.

If I used just cal mag with my tap then my cal is getting pretty high and my ratios are not where I want.

OK...I'm on board with ya now. I'm the same way typing it out and it not making sense but it did in my head 😂

Understood about the cal mag, I am currently dosing at 1/2 with all in full flower...full strength for those in transition.

It's a work in progress, not sure if you have seen my journal.

because most don't understand the nutrient interactions and ratios.

Guilty as charged

Thanks your help man

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

OK...I'm on board with ya now. I'm the same way typing it out and it not making sense but it did in my head 😂

Understood about the cal mag, I am currently dosing at 1/2 with all in full flower...full strength for those in transition.

It's a work in progress, not sure if you have seen my journal.

Guilty as charged

Thanks your help man
I'll search it up here in a few... im guilty of not spending much time in journals lately... especially the ones I used to always frequent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom