When to add to jar, curing question.

• Thread starter ThatRapperWeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Hey all, I know for drying and curing you should dry plants or branches until small stems snap easily then trim and place in jars. I have a couple test branches that broke off early (they're lower branches) that I've been drying and jarring.

The first branch I did exactly as told and once in the jar the humidity wouldn't go up past 51% so I added a humidity pack. For the second branch I placed in a jar just a bit sooner and had to burp extra as humidity was hitting 67%, though it seems to be dialed in with one extra long burping session now. Did I just wait too long on the first branch or is it because I'm using 32oz jars and I only have a couple tiny nugs in each one? Would appreciate any advice as I have to chop plants tomorrow due to heat issues.
PSX_20210509_092238.jpg

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

you have to do what your doing, what every the buds are telling you. your basically doing it right.
ideally 55-60% is best..
Thanks for the reply. It's my first time curing so I was worried that I was letting it get too dry before jarring. My second test jar was a bit too wet so I think I found the sweet spot hopefully. 🤞🏻

growsince79

growsince79

Hey all, I know for drying and curing you should dry plants or branches until small stems snap easily then trim and place in jars. I have a couple test branches that broke off early (they're lower branches) that I've been drying and jarring.

The first branch I did exactly as told and once in the jar the humidity wouldn't go up past 51% so I added a humidity pack. For the second branch I placed in a jar just a bit sooner and had to burp extra as humidity was hitting 67%, though it seems to be dialed in with one extra long burping session now. Did I just wait too long on the first branch or is it because I'm using 32oz jars and I only have a couple tiny nugs in each one? Would appreciate any advice as I have to chop plants tomorrow due to heat issues.
View attachment 1123318
I wait until the buds break off the branch and I can trim without scissors. Pretty much right on. 9-10% moisture content. Sometimes its a bit too wet and I have to burp.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

For me it goes in at 70% and stays in until cured. Sometimes 2 months or more. Some is always sampled along the way
That sounds closer to where I'm trying to be at. I guess where I'm unclear is the rh when first jarring. For example, when I close that lid for the first time do I want it 62% or a bit above and I can burp it down? I'd assume that's better than jarring at 50% and having to add boveda packs?

Top Bottom