When to add to jar, curing question.

• Thread starter ThatRapperWeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Hey all, I know for drying and curing you should dry plants or branches until small stems snap easily then trim and place in jars. I have a couple test branches that broke off early (they're lower branches) that I've been drying and jarring.

The first branch I did exactly as told and once in the jar the humidity wouldn't go up past 51% so I added a humidity pack. For the second branch I placed in a jar just a bit sooner and had to burp extra as humidity was hitting 67%, though it seems to be dialed in with one extra long burping session now. Did I just wait too long on the first branch or is it because I'm using 32oz jars and I only have a couple tiny nugs in each one? Would appreciate any advice as I have to chop plants tomorrow due to heat issues.
When to add to jar curing question

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

you have to do what your doing, what every the buds are telling you. your basically doing it right.
ideally 55-60% is best..
Thanks for the reply. It's my first time curing so I was worried that I was letting it get too dry before jarring. My second test jar was a bit too wet so I think I found the sweet spot hopefully. 🤞🏻

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Thanks for the reply. It's my first time curing so I was worried that I was letting it get too dry before jarring. My second test jar was a bit too wet so I think I found the sweet spot hopefully. 🤞🏻
your heading in the right direction, sounds like your understanding, just need to learn as you go, your getting it!!
obviously you’ll get better..

growsince79

growsince79

Hey all, I know for drying and curing you should dry plants or branches until small stems snap easily then trim and place in jars. I have a couple test branches that broke off early (they're lower branches) that I've been drying and jarring.

The first branch I did exactly as told and once in the jar the humidity wouldn't go up past 51% so I added a humidity pack. For the second branch I placed in a jar just a bit sooner and had to burp extra as humidity was hitting 67%, though it seems to be dialed in with one extra long burping session now. Did I just wait too long on the first branch or is it because I'm using 32oz jars and I only have a couple tiny nugs in each one? Would appreciate any advice as I have to chop plants tomorrow due to heat issues.
View attachment 1123318
I wait until the buds break off the branch and I can trim without scissors. Pretty much right on. 9-10% moisture content. Sometimes its a bit too wet and I have to burp.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

For me it goes in at 70% and stays in until cured. Sometimes 2 months or more. Some is always sampled along the way
That sounds closer to where I'm trying to be at. I guess where I'm unclear is the rh when first jarring. For example, when I close that lid for the first time do I want it 62% or a bit above and I can burp it down? I'd assume that's better than jarring at 50% and having to add boveda packs?

Top Bottom