When To Feed After Transplanting

• Thread starter superweed420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
superweed420

superweed420

I knoe they say wait 3 or 4 weeks after seed sprouts to feed your plants.. But i am about to transplant for the third time in to final pots..i started out in seed stsrters then 11 days later transplanted in to another pot not very big at all .25 gal pot mabie not sure.. But they needed food after 12 days for sure mabie where i let the soil dry up before growing notsure but they love the 1 tsp of grow big i give them every watering some waa lime green now they all just green but 1 has not did shit in 3 werks and looks 5 days old no joke...but my healthy 5 plants are going in the 5 gal pots so when should i feed ? They 4 weks old but not very big probaly week behind in growth but how long should i wait before feeding???

xenon730

xenon730

depends on the soil mix. You shouldn't feed until they show hunger, usually you wait until the lower leaves show some yellow. If you know your mix well you can start whenever really and i dont always wait until they're hungry but i think that's the answer you're looking for. Probably would be 1 to 2 weeks tops. What soil are you growing in? Also, people don't typically get answers within the hour at these times or ever. Putting more information or pictures especially will get you faster replies.

jipp

jipp

signs of a hungry plant! i ha
IMG 5979
ve upped its food.. its food hog! light color leafs at the base.. hungry!

another example of a hungry plant.. this one was up potted.. and st ill showing signs of being hungry.

IMG 5966

xenon730

xenon730

signs of a hungry plant! i haView attachment 730024 ve upped its food.. its food hog! light color leafs at the base.. hungry!

another example of a hungry plant.. this one was up potted.. and st ill showing signs of being hungry.

View attachment 730025
You mind if i keep those photos to basically repost your post at people? Thanks for adding them also. I'm not a big photographer in my gardens and i change phones so often i never have a collection i have regular access to.

jipp

jipp

Thanks for that. Did you up the calcium at all? Just cause the twisted finger in the first photo near bottom.
no, i learn i do not need extra ca. solo cups are good for learning such things.. if any tip curl its from hitting side of the tent.

xenon730

xenon730

no, i learn i do not need extra ca. solo cups are good for learning such things.. if any tip curl its from hitting side of the tent.
Not the tips, i didn't describe it well but it's not important. What do you feed with again? I can't remember.

jipp

jipp

maxsea. but no iv done nothing different. it could be that plants weird mannerism or it could be missing something tho.. iv learn to just go with the flow if they keep growing. no point chasing problems. ill get better with experience.. assuming i keep at it. iv had some special kids tho ( my afghans are fucking genetic head aches tho). laughs.

Last edited:
xenon730

xenon730

maxsea. but no iv done nothing different. could be that plants weird mannerism could be missing something iv learn to just go with the flow if they keep growing.. ill get better with experience.. assuming i keep at it. iv had some special kids tho ( my afghans fucking genetics head aches ). laughs.
Lol it could even be old that's why i said not important. I was more asking your opinion of that symptom, not trying to give advice. I mean the plants look good, there's no advice needed. Those destined for bigger pots and flowering? The thing i was talking about is the twisted middle finger on the second from bottom leaf in the first photo. Looks like it's 5 point leaf on the right side. Wasnt trying to criticize i know you know what's up and got the right attitude, just making conversation.

jipp

jipp

yeah man. im not trying to defend my plants.. im a noob. laughs.. just giving my opinion what i thought you meant.. and i appreciate the conversation. its all good. so that is what to much ca would look like. the only plants that have had ca are the solo cups and i fucked up and added it when it was hungry.. so i concluded i get enough ca from my salt soft-water conditioner for my well water etc. as iv seen no ca deficiency up to this point. i thought it would just make it go darker green and make leafs look strange laughs.. maybe to much blue hue in the green. but yeah i stopped using ca.

Last edited:
xenon730

xenon730

yeah man. im not trying to defend my plants.. im a noob. laughs.. just giving my opinion what i thought you meant.. and i appreciate the conversation. its all good. so that is what to much ca would look like. the only plants that have had ca are the solo cups and i fucked up and added it when it was hungry.. so i just concluded i get enough ca from my salt soft-water conditioner for my well water etc. as iv seen no ca deficiency up to this point. i thought it would just make it go darker green and make leafs look strange laughs.. maybe to much blue hue in the green. but yeah i stop using ca.
I find that that twisting is one of the earliest symptoms of ca deficiency. However, im not sure totally of the cause or if it's only caused by ca. That's why im talking to people about it. You wouldn't have that symptom and have the plant being largely affected, like in a full deficiency liked you described. When i see that on new growth i up the calcium. That plant really isn't good for a test cause where the leaf is but maybe keep an eye out for that and lmk if you see it on any new growth? On any plant you grow, not these ones specifically.

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

I knoe they say wait 3 or 4 weeks after seed sprouts to feed your plants.. But i am about to transplant for the third time in to final pots..i started out in seed stsrters then 11 days later transplanted in to another pot not very big at all .25 gal pot mabie not sure.. But they needed food after 12 days for sure mabie where i let the soil dry up before growing notsure but they love the 1 tsp of grow big i give them every watering some waa lime green now they all just green but 1 has not did shit in 3 werks and looks 5 days old no joke...but my healthy 5 plants are going in the 5 gal pots so when should i feed ? They 4 weks old but not very big probaly week behind in growth but how long should i wait before feeding???

U can give your plants a light feeding at 2 weeks however most soils have food in them to get them going for about a month depending on soil and size of pots yournok to feed if I would like just start them off small and light and increase from there

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Every time you up pot you just give it water for a few weeks...SOIL... NOT COCO... some plants dont like hot soil or maybe needs a different ph

xenon730

xenon730

the new growth seems fine to me.. you?
View attachment 730037
grabbed a random plemon plant.
definitely looks good to me. Very full looking. I believe having a lot of water in the mesophyll is why leaves look full. Can i ask how often you water and your humidity? I Don't think there's anything wrong with it, just interested. Were always on similar cycles lol. I just moved up an extra 12 in 1gallon nursery pots like yours. Mine a little bigger. It's 6 purple urkle and 6 sweet pink stink i moved up. I think they're on d4 or something, what are all your girls at?

superweed420

superweed420

depends on the soil mix. You shouldn't feed until they show hunger, usually you wait until the lower leaves show some yellow. If you know your mix well you can start whenever really and i dont always wait until they're hungry but i think that's the answer you're looking for. Probably would be 1 to 2 weeks tops. What soil are you growing in? Also, people don't typically get answers within the hour at these times or ever. Putting more information or pictures especially will get you faster replies.
fox farm

Top Bottom