When To Flip To Flower? Organic, No-Till, SCROG

• Thread starter SolGarden67
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SolGarden67

SolGarden67

Peace everyone !

Got 9 ladies (5 different strains) running in a 5x5x8 tent; 10 gal bags - organic, living supersoil, no till style. This being my first real run, I ran into tons of problems along the way & got stuck in my veg cycle for 4-5 months now. But, shortly after getting everything in check, they bounced back vigorously & really bushed out. Ive trained them every single way so, hence why they’re nice and bushy.

As of right now, the tops poking through the trellis net are reaching at 2ft - the net itself is at 1ft 8ins. My max height is like 5-6FT in order to leave enough space for the two LEDs (two Bestva “1500 watt” LEDs)

That being said, should i wait until majority of the tops poke through and hit 2ft? Should i just flip now? Or should i wait til like 2ft 6ins? Also, what top dress feed should i give them when i flip?

I am for sure looking for quality but also want a quality yield.

When to flip to flower organic no till scrog
When to flip to flower organic no till scrog 2
When to flip to flower organic no till scrog 3
When to flip to flower organic no till scrog 4
SolGarden67

SolGarden67

Just set them in 12/12 ! Thanks for getting back to me guys.
I do also have the 2nd layer trellis net - will be putting that at like 4ft. Im still getting progressive vertical growth, everything keeps popping up from under that 1st net & im just trying to keep them leveled but, i think its time i just let them do their thing & let em reach for that 2nd layer. Whats your thoughts?
& Any recommendations on particular compost tea ingredients or top dressed amendments?
I gave them a nice lil topping of EWC, compost & peat moss when i flipped them today. Aside from that, just fed them Recharge (microbes) & water. Also added in some more beneficial nematodes for the flower cycle - no signs of deficiencies or pests right now. Any advice would help tons, much love

SolGarden67

SolGarden67

Much love everyone - i know its been a minute but heres an update of how the girls turned out. We’re now in week 5 of flower & they’re starting to swell, smell & express their personalities. All they’ve been being fed is the occasional compost tea - made in proportion with their life cycle, molasses every now and then & RO water (highly recommend getting an RO filter! Bought a couple meters & tested my tap water & was assured that that was the cause of a lot of problems and inconsistencies throughout this run). Being an indoor, organic, no till style, we feed the soil, not the plant. & its working out great. They ended up doubling in height & all are in the optimum light intake zone. So, flip timing was perfect. Couldve cleaned them up a bit more before the flip though.
Being the winter, im leaving the window open more often. So, idk if its that or these cheap, high wattage blurple LEDs but these girls are startin to burst trichs. Either way - im aiming to emulate the natural environment according to their life cycle & its working out great. They also get played tons of music, every day & get lots of love. Haha 👀

So idk, but, things are looking really great to me. What do you think though?
Sorry bout the pics btw, im not one for even being present while their sleeping, let alone snapping pics of them in the dark.

Much Love

4EA76D16 24D8 4643 AFA6 43E443BE7F51
7EA7BD8C A83C 4256 ABCE E1CF88A3D778
CC4B8B7F 9B7D 4298 A765 7C822E03ADF7
A38D717B C7F9 4AA2 9A8F 68F950BBFE6C
DB916054 AEC3 4991 B67D BEF423F62E8E
1EC1DE8B A703 4B98 B125 5C75CCCEDD65
1439BA33 B38C 4C77 A54F C91BC06B2A34
4C0F7940 F76C 43CA 9FD3 13857A4DDF24
6E7CCB14 C02D 4E81 B0D8 DFA10B1C07F8
Top Bottom