when to give first dose of flowering nutrients??

• Thread starter 78OzFinest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
78OzFinest

78OzFinest

thanks for the replies guys ! i really appreciate it ! i understand why you guys suggest to continue on with the veg feeding schedule, but i would like to mention that during the flowering schedule they recommend feeding the grow (veg) nutes at a reduced amount right up until "late" flowering, the micro bottle also contains nitrogen at a 5-0-1 ratio, and the emerald goddess also contains nitrogen and has a ratio of 2-1-4. all of that being said do you still think that i should stick with veg schedule for a while ? or do you think that is plenty of nitrogen to prevent the issues you have mentioned from arising, and that it may be a good idea to start hitting them with more P and K to kick things off in the flowering department ?

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

PS... emerald harvest recommends the emerald goddess at increasing doses going into flower from veg as well as the micro being tapered up dramatically from veg to end of flower. so it would seem like there would enough nitrogen from those sources no ?

Ina

Ina

But have on mind that the opposite-too much N in flower also causes many problems,curling leaves,dark,painfull green leaves,fried tips of leaves,buds can have strange,unwated shape(and the very tops suffering the most)when the plant goes deep into N toxicity.....You should decide when to cut it from the look of your personal plants. Usually I feed them until they stop stretching about two weeks of 12/12 but it depends on how they look,what is the soil...….If they look already very dark green than you could cut it earlier or the opposite,if they are light green and it looks they need it why stop it......

BigCube

BigCube

Hey man! Nice plants!

I to am growing white widow, I am also using hp promix coco. It has no problem taking full strength gh nutes. And pk spike during flower.

Is your promix hp coco coir? If so watering through seems to be the best watering method and will prevent nutrient buildup and burns.

I flip to 3/4 strength for the first 2 or 3 days. Then I ramp it up from there. I pay more attention to my ppm than I do the actual numbers on the bottle. By the end I'm giving it more than what the bottle says.

I'm ending week 6 of flower today and starting week 7. Will have updates on my grow diary.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

thanks for the replies guys ! i really appreciate it ! i understand why you guys suggest to continue on with the veg feeding schedule, but i would like to mention that during the flowering schedule they recommend feeding the grow (veg) nutes at a reduced amount right up until "late" flowering, the micro bottle also contains nitrogen at a 5-0-1 ratio, and the emerald goddess also contains nitrogen and has a ratio of 2-1-4. all of that being said do you still think that i should stick with veg schedule for a while ? or do you think that is plenty of nitrogen to prevent the issues you have mentioned from arising, and that it may be a good idea to start hitting them with more P and K to kick things off in the flowering department ?
Sounds reasonable. Like I said I have never used these ferts though. Seems like they keep a bit more N than most other 3 parts.

I would try to find someone that uses this fert line as not all 3 parts are the same.

Top Bottom