When to Harvest a Male for Edibles and CBD

• Thread starter BeeRoos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BeeRoos

BeeRoos

I have a male that has developed ball sacs in the past week and a half. It is separated by about 100 yards from the females, which I know is not very far when it comes to pollen. I read that when growing indoors the sacs open shortly after switching to 12 hour lighting. I can't imagine I would be letting this grow until 9/21.

Does anyone know how soon the sacs open when growing in the Midwest (Chicago area)?

I am aware there is risk with growing males as such. I am more interested in hearing from growers who actually use the male plant for medicinal purposes and have some helpful information.

Much love,
b

When to harvest a male for edibles and cbd
Anthem

Anthem

I have a male that has developed ball sacs in the past week and a half. It is separated by about 100 yards from the females, which I know is not very far when it comes to pollen. I read that when growing indoors the sacs open shortly after switching to 12 hour lighting. I can't imagine I would be letting this grow until 9/21.

Does anyone know how soon the sacs open when growing in the Midwest (Chicago area)?

I am aware there is risk with growing males as such. I am more interested in hearing from growers who actually use the male plant for medicinal purposes and have some helpful information.

Much love,
b
Why is the title of your post when to harvest a male for ...?
It sounds like you are trying to get THC out of a male

BeeRoos

BeeRoos

Why is the title of your post when to harvest a male for ...?
It sounds like you are trying to get THC out of a male
It is that title because males have thc in them, just a lower amount. Leaves, stems near the sacs, and sacs all have thc. It isn't advisable to smoke, due to the lower content, but certaibly can be used for tincture, oil, and butter.

Top Bottom