When to harvest. Please Help!!

• Thread starter AllNewToThis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AllNewToThis

AllNewToThis

Hi, this is the first time I have grown and actually doing it for my 16 year old son who has a medical licence and is very sick.
I don’t know when I am supposed to cut them down and dry them. I know I need to stop the food at least a week before and only use water. They are outside. Some are further ahead than others. Pics are off ones that’s started flowering first(a while ago) Any info would be great.

When to harvest please help
When to harvest please help 2
When to harvest please help 3
When to harvest please help 4
When to harvest please help 5
When to harvest please help 6
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Hi, this is the first time I have grown and actually doing it for my 16 year old son who has a medical licence and is very sick.
I don’t know when I am supposed to cut them down and dry them. I know I need to stop the food at least a week before and only use water. They are outside. Some are further ahead than others. Pics are off ones that’s started flowering first(a while ago) Any info would be great.
You need to look at the trichomes (a cheap loupe is great//under $15 usd).

Just looking at the pistils..looks like another few weeks.

Harvest 1
Harvest cannabis diagram
Harvest2

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Pleasure..

Amazon, Ebay in the USA, .etc...look for jewlery loupes etc..they have ones that attach to phones too. I suggest 60-100x. More and they are very hard to focus.

They also have handheld microscopes ..either USB or wifi..about $50+ usd. Personally I have a $20 set of enlargement rings that I use with my DSLR..then off to Photoshop to blow it up. before shot (a week or more out)..Then I look with Photoshop.
DSC 1535

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

@AllNewToThis

I hope I am wrong..but is that WPM I see? (white powdery mold) and even more than I indicated
View attachment 892165
Wow good save buzzer! OP you need to post close up pictures and then Google white powdery mildew. I've never dealt with it & it looks like your close to harvest, but you do need to address this asap!

Others who have dealt with wpm could help you more than me, best of luck

Edit: OP I'm trying to search if you can use baking soda or not whereas the Cannabis is for someone with health issues hold on before you do anything and I'll find an article and post it for you in the meantime hopefully someone else will have these answers

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Screenshot 20190831 134026 Chrome

Hopefully that link and the article might help you get started dealing with this. don't use neem, will ruin the bud. as far as other products I have no idea, sorry

I think baking soda is the gentlest thing you can use that will work but again I've never dealt with it, but I have used baking soda many times on septoria (fungus) without any damage. search Bud washing to remove any possible baking soda residue at Harvest. best of luck

GDub51

GDub51

I firstly want to congratulate you on such a successful first attempt! I'd suggest adding a tablespoon of Baking Soda to a gallon of water and add a pint of hydrogen peroxide it will eliminate any mold and feed the plant simultaneously. Good Luck you not far from harvest (get that scope) I am also a medical user and would encourage you to harvest when about a third of the tricomes (the little ball topped crystalline stalks you will see) have turned from clear at first to milky then amber. The more the amber the more the other components of cannabis come out such as CBN. As when you don't feel well, couch lock and sleep are a good thing. Read up on the components of the plant to decide when you want to harvest. My photo period indica's usually are not ready till the last of Sept or into October.
By that time they are looking pretty sad, yellowing leaves falling off all over till only a scraggly looking bush is left. And yet the tricomes can still be milky at this state with a portion of them amber. Go for a third amber.
PS I also am impressed by Buzzers catch. I didn't see it till pointed out. Even then I'm not certain but the wash won't hurt only help anyway. Also I wash my colas in a bucket of water with a pint per gallon of Hydro P. at cutting to wash off any bugs or residues. Then hung to dry for several hours outside till the applied water evaporates before hanging for drying slowly elsewhere. I dry and cure and age in my wine cellar in the 60's for temp and humidity. Keeps for several years this way.

AllNewToThis

AllNewToThis

I firstly want to congratulate you on such a successful first attempt! I'd suggest adding a tablespoon of Baking Soda to a gallon of water and add a pint of hydrogen peroxide it will eliminate any mold and feed the plant simultaneously. Good Luck you not far from harvest (get that scope) I am also a medical user and would encourage you to harvest when about a third of the tricomes (the little ball topped crystalline stalks you will see) have turned from clear at first to milky then amber. The more the amber the more the other components of cannabis come out such as CBN. As when you don't feel well, couch lock and sleep are a good thing. Read up on the components of the plant to decide when you want to harvest. My photo period indica's usually are not ready till the last of Sept or into October.
By that time they are looking pretty sad, yellowing leaves falling off all over till only a scraggly looking bush is left. And yet the tricomes can still be milky at this state with a portion of them amber. Go for a third amber.
PS I also am impressed by Buzzers catch. I didn't see it till pointed out. Even then I'm not certain but the wash won't hurt only help anyway. Also I wash my colas in a bucket of water with a pint per gallon of Hydro P. at cutting to wash off any bugs or residues. Then hung to dry for several hours outside till the applied water evaporates before hanging for drying slowly elsewhere. I dry and cure and age in my wine cellar in the 60's for temp and humidity. Keeps for several years this way.
[/QUOTEthanks
Do I put the baking side in the water that I use to water the plants or pour the water directly on the leaves and bud and such?

AllNewToThis

AllNewToThis

View attachment 892171

Hopefully that link and the article might help you get started dealing with this. don't use neem, will ruin the bud. as far as other products I have no idea, sorry

I think baking soda is the gentlest thing you can use that will work but again I've never dealt with it, but I have used baking soda many times on septoria (fungus) without any damage. search Bud washing to remove any possible baking soda residue at Harvest. best of luck
@AllNewToThis

I hope I am wrong..but is that WPM I see? (white powdery mold) and even more than I indicated
View attachment 892165
Thanks so much. I had no idea. I have read to mix baking soda in the water and spray the plants. Do you know if I spray the flowering buds or just the leaves and do I need to wash them after I cut in a few weeks. Any info would help?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thanks so much. I had no idea. I have read to mix baking soda in the water and spray the plants. Do you know if I spray the flowering buds or just the leaves and do I need to wash them after I cut in a few weeks. Any info would help?
Buzzer777 spotted your issue not me my friend. I believe I've laid a plan out for you, please re-read and if I wasn't clear just ask, also I searched 'mmj white powdery mildew baking soda' and I would recommend you do as well and read up before you do anything to get all the pros and cons regarding this issue, best of luck!

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Buzzer777 spotted your issue not me my friend. I believe I've laid a plan out for you, please re-read and if I wasn't clear just ask, also I searched 'mmj white powdery mildew baking soda' and I would recommend you do as well and read up before you do anything to get all the pros and cons regarding this issue, best of luck!
And a GOOD plan it is!

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Too much on Google to list..I use a 3 bucket was myself..mostly for outdoor plants. H2O2> Lemon Juice> Pure RO water

AllNewToThis

AllNewToThis

Too much on Google to list..I use a 3 bucket was myself..mostly for outdoor plants. H2O2> Lemon Juice> Pure RO water

Thanks so much for spotting this. I didn’t think anything of it as I have never done this before. I followed the steps from the link beachwalker posted and after it dried it’s almost 95% gone and I will do it again in a day or so.
Thanks again

AllNewToThis

AllNewToThis

Thanks so much for the info you attached. I followed the step and after it dried about 95% of it is gone and will repeat in a day or so as suggested. I had no idea to think it was anything. Thanks for all your help.

GDub51

GDub51

Pleasure..

Amazon, Ebay in the USA, .etc...look for jewlery loupes etc..they have ones that attach to phones too. I suggest 60-100x. More and they are very hard to focus.

They also have handheld microscopes ..either USB or wifi..about $50+ usd. Personally I have a $20 set of enlargement rings that I use with my DSLR..then off to Photoshop to blow it up. before shot (a week or more out)..Then I look with Photoshop.
View attachment 892160
Kudos to your photography work. Beautiful depth of field not to mention the color is enough to make one's mouth drop. Unique!

Top Bottom