When to harvest, trich color question?

• Thread starter WESTCRAZY1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

WESTCRAZY1

I've been doing a lot of research and was wondering if someone can shed more lights about the color of the trich. I've been reading on a lot of grow diaries and have a few questions, heres an example from another member when he harvest the trich is 25% amber 75% cloudy. How do u know that its 25% amber and 75% cloudy? I know your suppose to use a scope but how exactly can u tell that its 25% amber and 75% cloudy? Do u look at all the trich on the bud and determine that half is amber and half is cloudy or do u look at each trich and determine by the color in that trich? If i want a straight couchlock body buzzing type of high what color should the trich be when i harvest? Now if i want a up lifting head high what color should the trich be?

R

Rural_GrowOp

I just look at the bud through the scope and if 25% of the trichs I see in that sample are amber then I count it as 25%. I do this on several different buds and go from there.

L

l33t

Genetics dictate the effect much more than maturation time.

If you get a stony indica strain , no matter when you chop you ll end up with a stony indica.
If you have a Haze plant you will get the sativa up high effects no mater when you chop it.

Now the longer you leave a plant the more stony it gets but its the genetics that really make the difference , maturation time also is a factor but when you look for a specific type of high you need to find the right strain.

As for maturation time..the simplest way to tell if a plant is ready is by the calyxes and pistils' color. When (most/)all pistils have turned red and (most/)all calyxes have fully swollen then its time to chop.
With indicas you can chop a little earlier (75-85% of the pistils gone red).

With trichs I 've found it to be strain dependent and harder to tell so best thing to do is take a small bud every 5 days during the last 2 weeks or so and see what gives you the high you like. Then you know when to chop for this strain.
Generally speaking tho for most hybrids I like to chop when I start to see a few amber.

hope this helps a bit

W

WESTCRAZY1

can somebody post a picture for reference? I want to see a picture of trich that have a higher percentage on the amber side and i also would like to see picture of trich that is more on the cloudy side. Thanks.

P

pcduck

Go by the trichs. My bubba/kush has had orange/red/brown pistils since the 3rd week.
Pistils have many reasons for dying, with maturity just being one. I use a scope, and use an educated estimate for when I harvest(or you can cut a little piece of leaf off and count them all). For couch lock I go at 30% amber. For daylight still able to work I go all milky

Top Bottom