When to introduce plant enzymes

• Thread starter Vb2flat2surf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I'm starting to get my nutrients together and feeding plans together for some time next week. I'm on day 23 of 3 Gelato Auto and 3 Bruce Banner Auto. I'm going to follow my grow journal from my previous grow (end result was awesome), but would like to introduce plant enzymes. I've read alot of good things about tye particular one I bought, Humboldt, but I have not found a solid answer as to when to start introducing them to the plants. And if anyone has used this particular product or heard about it, I would love to hear reviews before using it. Thank you guys in advance as always

When to introduce plant enzymes
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I've never used this product but it looks to me like this is better suited to a hydroponic system where you can't have living soil for them to colonize and expand in hence why they want you feeding consistently rather than, say for example, in soil. In soil you would use this as more of an innoculant that would promote more enzyme growth around the root structure to promote higher metabolic rates and faster uptake so it would be a one time addition unless you're doing heavy flushes of the soil and washing it out.

Again, I've never used this product but from it's ingredients it seems like this is similar to Sensizyme where you're introducing beneficial bacteria and enzymes to work together with the other bacteria and enzyme in setting up the root symbiosis that your plant likes.

In general, what enzymes do is help break down essential nutrients into smaller, more readily available pieces and support the digestion of dead root cells, clearing a direct path for nutrients.

You're going to want to start using them right before you flip to flower to start promoting enzyme growth if you're using a soil media but if you're using hydroponics or a variation of then you can use it right after they've flipped.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Once the roots hit the water hydro will show much faster growth rates if done well.

Im gonna say it wont even be a contest but when things go wrong in hydro they do so faster also

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

lol. thats what my buddy feom Colorodo said. im excited, little nervous, but no risk no reward. AquaMan, i decided to let my Runtz run longer and MY GOD what a difference waiting has done. everyday they get fatter and fatter. I truly owe you a huge thank you as you have been a big motivator and big help. hence taking the leap to hydro

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

lol. thats what my buddy feom Colorodo said. im excited, little nervous, but no risk no reward. AquaMan, i decided to let my Runtz run longer and MY GOD what a difference waiting has done. everyday they get fatter and fatter. I truly owe you a huge thank you as you have been a big motivator and big help. hence taking the leap to hydro
Awesome brother and its only going to make you a better grower. The more experience you have in different media etc the better.

If you need any help just tag me

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Im excited now comparing promix to my personal mix (BlackKow, HappyFrog Coco, perlite and Oceans Forrest soil) and then compared to hydro. My buddy worked in a dispensery and huge grow in Colorado and hes been helping me out. He was used to HPS lighting and old school so he is helping me with old school basics, while learning about my LED's. He cant believe how great my runtz has gone considering how new I am too all this. He put me onto Technaflor products (specifically Sugar Daddy) which significantly has fattened my runtz up. So i now have Technaflor, Foop and Foxfarm line available. so far Technaflor has impressed me the most. Any suggestions, you know Ill take and run with it man. The video gives no justice but hopefully you can see how much they have fattened up

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Im excited now comparing promix to my personal mix (BlackKow, HappyFrog Coco, perlite and Oceans Forrest soil) and then compared to hydro. My buddy worked in a dispensery and huge grow in Colorado and hes been helping me out. He was used to HPS lighting and old school so he is helping me with old school basics, while learning about my LED's. He cant believe how great my runtz has gone considering how new I am too all this. He put me onto Technaflor products (specifically Sugar Daddy) which significantly has fattened my runtz up. So i now have Technaflor, Foop and Foxfarm line available. so far Technaflor has impressed me the most. Any suggestions, you know Ill take and run with it man. The video gives no justice but hopefully you can see how much they have fattened up
About the only thing id do at this point is drop the temps to make those purples pop and reduce heat degradation of terps, flavonoids and cannabinoids

They are looking great bud

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Watering requirements will go down when you do this so pay attention for that so you dont over water

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

im in flush now and watered 3 days ago and notice they are not drinking like they were a week ago where i was having to water 2 days ago. i just noticed the leaves sweating/transpiration on 2 of my plants. is that good or bad?

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

The man knows what he's talking about.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

im in flush now and watered 3 days ago and notice they are not drinking like they were a week ago where i was having to water 2 days ago. i just noticed the leaves sweating/transpiration on 2 of my plants. is that good or bad?
Not to worry. The reduction in temperature is what's mostly keeping the water from evaporating along with a slight slowdown in uptake from the lower temperature. You're balancing growth with quality. Even though you may slow it down a bit you'll retain all the qualities you love most about your smoke.

BTW sweet colas Brother! Well done!!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Near the bottom of the plants early in the day at the serration tips?

If so that is called guttation. Its from high root pressure and a sign to cut back on watering also water as close to lights on as possible to hell prevent that.

Also check humidity about an hr after lights out to make sure your not reaching dew point.

And last if a leafs underside is touching anything like another leaf the water vapour will condense on it.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

had I not been on this forum and or had my buddy helping me in person, i would had harvested last week. basically 2 to 3 weeks early like i had done in previous run. but DAMN i misted them with sugar daddy and have waited the two more weeks i was told to wait and its night and day. that alongside cutting all the little stuff below the canopy which before i hadnt done thinking i was getting more buds. boy was i wrong. cutting all the little stuff out made a HUGE difference.

Top Bottom