When to start seedlings

• Thread starter StickyRicky1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StickyRicky1

StickyRicky1

I live in new mexico any grows on here from here? I usually start my seedlings feburary 1st indoors. move them out say march or 2nd week of march when nights are not so cold anymore. And emd up cropping at the endn of October and some in beginning of November . So a stretch of 7 to 9months, was wondering if maybe starting them now which is a week before feb. would make be ahead a week faster coming to harvest time to try to beat the frost that hits here sometimes at the end of October. Or do i just stay jan thru octuber/ nov schedule which has worked fine besides covering them for frost.

Nugg

Nugg

I grew in Oklahoma for few yrs...and yeah, no earlier start will do nothing except two things...you start about same time I did...they should grow couple week then sex them selves, because sun light hrs are still short,then they will go back to veg...I did this every year,it helps weed out the males if any...and the other thing is they will just be bigger,with the longer grow life..like 15' tall 8' around...

basscaptain

basscaptain

I grew in Oklahoma for few yrs...and yeah, no earlier start will do nothing except two things...you start about same time I did...they should grow couple week then sex them selves, because sun light hrs are still short,then they will go back to veg...I did this every year,it helps weed out the males if any...and the other thing is they will just be bigger,with the longer grow life..like 15' tall 8' around...
if you want TREE'S the sooner the better,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Is what I all ways say...............................

basscaptain

basscaptain

I'm doing something I have never done before..... so with that said....... how long does it take for a plant that your running inside in veg take to get it's azz truned around and growing outside in veg after transplanting......????

I'm taking 10-15 plants form inside out to grow here soon>>>>

I have all ways just started from seed outdoors till now....

TY

Nugg

Nugg

Time your daylight hrs in the spot you plan on growing..if less then 12.. it will grow and start to flower..but they will go back to veg...I think you are little early yet..you know that you still will get few cold nights.guess that depends how far south you are..can be big difference from North to south around there..

StickyRicky1

StickyRicky1

I'm doing something I have never done before..... so with that said....... how long does it take for a plant that your running inside in veg take to get it's azz truned around and growing outside in veg after transplanting......????

I'm taking 10-15 plants form inside out to grow here soon>>>>

I have all ways just started from seed outdoors till now....

TY
Ibtale mine out here moutain time zone no later or early then mid may 10. Because of the hours of light and still cold here till mid may.

Top Bottom