When to start watering twice a day? Coco

• Thread starter ThatRapperWeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Hey all, I'm about to start week 1 veg and I've been following watering advice from Aqua Man and coco for cannabis to great success. (I know there's a debate on watering coco). I've read that watering twice a day during flower is a thing. What should I use to determine when to start that? My coco has stayed 80-90% saturated for my entire grow, the past 2 days I've noticed a tiny bit (I must emphasize TINY BIT) of the top of the coco drying by the time I'm feeding them each day. Should I wait another week or two for twice a day feedings? What are your thoughts coco peeps?

william76

william76

Why twice?,in flower u would water once to runoff,that's it.its ok doing multiple feedings in veg but in flower u water at lights on so that ur soil isn't saturated at lights out,this prevents pm etc,but more importantly if ur media's to wet in the dark period it can cause budrot.iv grew in coco for years too.76

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

How big are the pots?

From what I understand, @Aqua Man essentially is saying to fertigate as many times as possible.

Not sure where you got "feed once a day then switch to twice a day in flower." But I could be missing something.

lilnew

lilnew

Hey all, I'm about to start week 1 veg and I've been following watering advice from Aqua Man and coco for cannabis to great success. (I know there's a debate on watering coco). I've read that watering twice a day during flower is a thing. What should I use to determine when to start that? My coco has stayed 80-90% saturated for my entire grow, the past 2 days I've noticed a tiny bit (I must emphasize TINY BIT) of the top of the coco drying by the time I'm feeding them each day. Should I wait another week or two for twice a day feedings? What are your thoughts coco peeps?
i think @Aqua Man is MIA but to help him answer the question. you increase the frequency of watering when your runoff is less than 20% so lets say when you water once at 100ml the run off should be 20 ml, when the runoff is less than 20ml then you start watering twice a day, and when watering twice a day the run off is less than 20 % you increase it to 3 times a day and etc.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

when watering I just use lift the pot method. Before my mite problem everything was going beautifully. I use coco and dry ammendments and it’s works the same every grow. Just FYI the pic is from after diagnosing but look at the growth. The plants were only 24 days old. You be the judge. Lol

AB86BF9E 39A4 4FA0 AAD1 79EEE49A7455
ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Thanks everyone, sorry my pots are 3 gallons, girls are getting hefty. I've been doing great with once a day just read on coco for cannabis that you should do 2-3 times a day once they get big.

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

Thanks everyone, sorry my pots are 3 gallons, girls are getting hefty. I've been doing great with once a day just read on coco for cannabis that you should do 2-3 times a day once they get big.
Afaik aquaman does like 14 small feedings per day so like what are you getting 1 or 2 feedings from?

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

You will be using much smaller amounts of nutrient solution and by feeding much more frequently it doesn't take much to get your runoff while keeping the rootzone ph, ppm and moisture content ideal.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
You can feed them as many times as you like. I have a plant on 16x a day because she is in a really undersized container. My 3 gal fabric get up to 5 per day in full flower.

It's all about the runoff 👍

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yes I calculate the pot size for my feeding... 5% of the pot size for each feed of nutrient solution.

If that I want a min of 10% runoff. If I get less I add a feeding each day.

Also feed during lights on only... unless it's drying out to much by morning but that's not to common. Space the feeds evenly through lights on and the last feed I try to keep 2 hrs before lights out.

Eg 3 feed per day 12/12 lights. First feed light on next feed 4hrs in and next 4 hrs after that. Gives 4hrs before dark as last watering.

Here is my thread on coco that explains how much to feed for each potsize and the recommended coco perlite for each size.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Sorry for the hijack- where can I learn about how to best set up auto feeding ?

Can anyone link me to a thread or tutorial or something please?
I had a lot of help on it here. And in my coco thread I give some links and info to my equipment. I will work on a thread today as I have had lots of questions on it.

william76

william76

The thing is,u can feed 10 times a day a t 1 liter each time or one feed at 10 litres,feeding all them little feeds is just giving u more work ,thers not much runoff from small feeds either whereas 1 big feed with decent runoff stops nutrients building up.it does work good in veg tho.76

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
This is a 1 gallon fabric holding a big plant being fed 16x a day. 20% runoff every feed. Fabric never gets dry, never any salt buildup. Roots are able to air prune through the entire pot. The top of this plant is a meter square 6 weeks into flower.

20210314 173208

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

This is a 1 gallon fabric holding a big plant being fed 16x a day. 20% runoff every feed. Fabric never gets dry, never any salt buildup. Roots are able to air prune through the entire pot. The top of this plant is a meter square 6 weeks into flower.

View attachment 1103068
Of course it’s being fed that much. Look at those roots popping out. Lol

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

View attachment 1103068
Also you have algae on top of your perlite? I thought that was bad for plants?

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

View attachment 1103068

Have you ever done a full breakdown of your set up? I would really appreciate a walk through.

At least for starters, what does a setup like that cost to put together?

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Have you ever done a full breakdown of your set up? I would really appreciate a walk through.

At least for starters, what does a setup like that cost to put together?
Just the watering system about $165. I just broke it down in another thread actually. I'll be back with a link 👍

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
@Jumpingspider I basically copied coco for cannabis DIY system word for word

List of parts I used

Latest posts

Top Bottom