When to stop giving nutrients to northern lights autoflowers?

• Thread starter 2fine
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2fine

2fine

Hi all, just looking some advice on when to stop giving nutrients and just give water to my northern lights autoflowers? Should I let the girls dry out in pot before harvesting also? It's my first grow, can you tell?

Moshmen

Moshmen

I feed mine all the way thru just taper back at the end and water only the last 2/3 waterings , there’s a lot of opinions on this subject this is just what I do

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Yup this is a subject up for much debate. I used to be a firm believer in flushing plants up till a couple of years ago. I had some outdoor plants freeze the night after having fed them a massive dose of bloom nutes. The buds ended up tasting just fine. No harsh taste or cough, so I have tried foregoing flushing with every crop since and have noticed literally no difference in quality.

Most commercial grows or large grow ops, only flush for one reason - to save a few coins.

Good luck, partner! 🤠

quirk

quirk

Personal preference when mine autos are ready is to trim in pot, turn off the grow lights, lower fan rpm and revisit 7-10 days later to cut and hang. Disclaimer: I do not use synthetic nutes.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

7 to 10 days before you chop and nl takes 70+ days from sprout you flush out your plant with cold water this will help your pistols turn, but chop by your trichome not your pistols, you will want to see a bit of amber allso, if it drys out after the flush water only and cold for above stated reason, only grew it once and still have beans as the weed did not do it for me but thats not to say it's bad just everbody is different is all, i think i have 1 pic from the run, yea if you look close the flower was so tight it was bending my mainstem up top, a large high yield auto that is tuff and simple to grow.

20180826 063002
quirk

quirk

7 to 10 days before you chop and nl takes 70+ days from sprout you flush out your plant with cold water this will help your pistols turn, but chop by your trichome not your pistols, you will want to see a bit of amber allso, if it drys out after the flush water only and cold for above stated reason, only grew it once and still have beans as the weed did not do it for me but thats not to say it's bad just everbody is different is all, i think i have 1 pic from the run, yea if you look close the flower was so tight it was bending my mainstem up top, a large high yield auto that is tuff and simple to grow.

I see alternating nodes. Is that an NL clone?

2fine

2fine

Cheers for your advice. At the flushing stage so waiting for the girls little trichomes to go milky. You think they should be some amber trichomes? Amber pistols I'm waiting on also as they are still a lot of white ones. What's your thoughts on my girl?

Top Bottom