When to stop pruning

• Thread starter Saskbudlover
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Saskbudlover

Hey I'm just starting the 6th week in the blossom stage, there are so many leaves covering my bud sites and I'm wondering if I can still prune? Hope to hear some good advice 😀

Ph 007

Ph 007

Hey I'm just starting the 6th week in the blossom stage, there are so many leaves covering my bud sites and I'm wondering if I can still prune? Hope to hear some good advice 😀

what do you mean blossom stage , in flower i think ?

remove as much as you want in veg, well i do and think most will agree its ok,
and in flower i remove 1-2 leaves max every other day or so if the plants to leafy
and then on the 3rd week of flowed id remove maybe 4-5 leaves if it needed it, then i want remove anything again.
And only train and remove leave of a healthy plant or your asking for trouble.. special in flower..

what iv been doing lately is just remove anything in veg stage.
then in flower only remove leaves once on the 3rd week of flower to let light into the plant & lower buds
i also bend my stems slight as the pant grows to open it up and keep all the tip heads roughly the same level i have a net above the plant and use the net to open the branches as it grows, i stop doing this opening up at week 3 of flower, maybe just before 2.5 week

removing leaves in flower is risky and can cause stress low yield and even turn a plant lady boy, half male.
iv had many in the past turn on me from removing leaves in flower. and from doing it wrong or do stress plants, some strains just dont like it, some seem to love it

*id suggest if your a new grower dont remove leaves in flower, but go nuts in veg if you want.. and just train them out opening the plant up gently every few days or week,, lolloping in veg is good..
im still in to mind if removing leaves in flower if better

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

A leaf here and there should not hurt imo. If it's blocking bud sites in my grow room it has to go. But you want to keep it a minimal as possible and space it out.

Just what I would do but you will find a lot of varying opinions

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I agree with @Ph 007 that pretty much how I do things. In the future that would be good practice to avoid having to prune after week 2-3 in flower

B

Burned Haze

Deleafing process :

1st: “ 1st day” of 12/12 or even a day or two before , lollipop all the bottom and remove any branch that’s obvious that will never make it to a good light source after stretch ( no-one wants c-grade or popcorn ) point is the plant does not care and will put all its energy towards all that trash leafs ( in natural, outdoors it could receive energy but indoor lights it’s not the same distance factors + you want the plant to focus on the mid range buds to top buds )

2nd: 10th day -15th bloom/flower day ( after stretch ) deleaf any fan fan leaf that is covering a main bud that is taking energy over it, recheck your bottoms where you “ lollipoped” and remove again anything that’s obvious that’s not in your canopy ( sometimes it looks valuable but after the stretch it definitely can show it’s bunk branches .

3rd : 20-25th bloom/flower stage deleaf only the fan leafs , look for the ones covering your buds In anyway ( people that just deleaf everything are dumb ) the leafs are your solar for your energy ( hints why you can see a plant that is getting less amount of light/par or is in the shade outdoors. people always get lazy on this stage and prize themselves ( once I started getting better on my training and deleafing stages = better results on all pheno’s/genetics ) I keep deleafing every 1–2 weeks ( fan leafs over buds only) till 5-8 bloom week ( depending if I’m harvesting a 8-12 bloom week harvest )

BigCube

BigCube

I will prune up till 2 weeks I to flower. Then I dint touch it till about week 7 or 8. And then I only take off a few at a time.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I remove leaves that are shading buds under them up until about the 8th week of flowering, by then most of your plucking should be finished and your bud sites all exposed and grown . By this point, you might start seeing some yellowing of the bottom leaves, which is normal. Go very easy on feeding the last few weeks, especially with nitrogen, which can increase chlorophyll and give it a harsh taste.

Top Bottom