When to stop using potassium silicate

• Thread starter ic0dex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ic0dex

ic0dex

I’m currently at the end of week 5 and have been using Emerald Havest for my Nutritions and supplements. I need Cal Mag because I use RO water and growing in coco. When do you typically stop using (Sturdy Stalk) potassium silicate?

I’m following their chart

A&B First
Emerald Goddess
King Kola
Honey Chrime
Cal-Mag
Sturdy Stalk
Mammoth

I would appreciate the help and feedback. Here are my Gelatos.

When to stop using potassium silicate
When to stop using potassium silicate 2
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Looking really good nice and healthy indeed .

Mospeada

Mospeada

I’m currently at the end of week 5 and have been using Emerald Havest for my Nutritions and supplements. I need Cal Mag because I use RO water and growing in coco. When do you typically stop using (Sturdy Stalk) potassium silicate?

A&B First
Emerald Goddess
King Kola
Honey Chrime
Cal-Mag
Sturdy Stalk
Mammoth

You can use potassium silicate all the way through your grow. However keep in mind that a large portion of it will be in the form of Potassium Carbonate (pH UP). Some Potassium silicates can have up to 30% Si but most are around 15%. Usually the Potassium is between 15-20%. I'm still in the process of researching this more in depth but that is a lot of K. If you do continue using it you will have to sacrifice using whatever bloom booster you are using.

ic0dex

ic0dex

You can use potassium silicate all the way through your grow. However keep in mind that a large portion of it will be in the form of Potassium Carbonate (pH UP). Some Potassium silicates can have up to 30% Si but most are around 15%. Usually the Potassium is between 15-20%. I'm still in the process of researching this more in depth but that is a lot of K. If you do continue using it you will have to sacrifice using whatever bloom booster you are using.
Look like I have a lot of learning to do and I appreciate your insight. I did stop giving the potassium silicate and have noticed my buds slightly gotten bigger.

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

A&B First
Emerald Goddess
King Kola
Honey Chrime
Cal-Mag
Sturdy Stalk
Mammoth

i am using PART 2 , but I use the nutrient solution in half the dosage of the instruction(aeroponics system and rockwool),
Do you use calmag and sturdy stack separately?

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
do you notice a difference in taste at all? My potassium silicate has a distinct smell to it, almost like plastic

I don't no. I didnt run Si for a good part of a year when mixing my own nutes. It's one of those nutes for me I can tell a difference with the plants when I don't use it from being lazy and not ordering it or picking it up before I run out. I also run it on the lower side tho (34 ppm). Basically clone to flush.

I can cut it tho and do a little test if ya like since I have some rooms about to be on week 8.

ic0dex

ic0dex

do you notice a difference in taste at all? My potassium silicate has a distinct smell to it, almost like plastic
It’s my first batch but I’ve stopped using potassium silicate. I spoke to one of their reps and was told to use sturdy on water days or if I’m mixing to add it first, adjust PH then add everything and Cal-Mag at the end.

Latest posts

Top Bottom