When to transfer seedlings from wet toel to potting mix

• Thread starter Coondog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Coondog

Coondog

When do you transfer from wet towel to dirt . Seeds have sprouted but have not pushed the seed shell off yet , just wondering if I should wait until they push the shell of and leaves emerge ?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

The longer you wait, the more likely the root will dig into the towel. When that happens it's easy to break the root pulling it out.

Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

Before it grows into your paper towel, pretty much.

You can drop your seeds in a glass of water as well to germinate. Works fairly well!

Madbud

Madbud

Root up, 1/2 inch deep. The root will do a 180 and the soil pulls the shell off the emerging seedling. Damp warm soil, cover with a clear dome til the leaves appear. And leave room for another inch of soil on top in case she stretches.

Chip.Douglas

Chip.Douglas

I wait until the tap root is about half inch then put it in medium

E9noxis

E9noxis

Root up, 1/2 inch deep. The root will do a 180 and the soil pulls the shell off the emerging seedling. Damp warm soil, cover with a clear dome til the leaves appear. And leave room for another inch of soil on top in case she stretches.
Did you just lie?

Madbud

Madbud

Did you just lie?
Heres the science Bro
72D71C6D 8F7F 4A05 A482 2D75C3AB4948

E9noxis

E9noxis

Right. Loses vital energy when forced to reverse. This is a diagram of what not to do. And why.

Bro...

Madmax

Madmax

Works much better when the seed has just cracked with a little bit of tap root showing and seed is planted on slight angle.taught this way by the old growers here 30 odd years ago and have done it this way since.very effective

Madbud

Madbud

Works much better when the seed has just cracked with a little bit of tap root showing and seed is planted on slight angle.taught this way by the old growers here 30 odd years ago and have done it this way since.very effective
I was taught to start in album covers so the root would follow gravity, but i just germ in soil now, fifty years later.

Madmax

Madmax

Never heard that one but it does makes sense..been trying to find the old paper i have here on planting seed upwards.cant find it for the life of me ha...i know a dude put up the very same doco in one of sshz's grows but that would b like trying to find a needle in a haystack.ill find it when im not looking for it 😃

Madbud

Madbud

Just google images of cannabis seed germination, nobody plants point down on purpose. Minor, minor factor but still relevant.

Top Bottom