When to water 3 gallon fabric pot

• Thread starter LakerGang89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LakerGang89

LakerGang89

When to water 3 gallon fabric pot
When to water 3 gallon fabric pot 2

Hey guys I’m trying to dial in when to water my 3 gallon fabric pots. The top few inches are dry but if you dig further enough the soil is semi damp. It’s been 3 days since transplant and water. Temps in my tent get up to the high 70s maybe mids for the most part. How many days does it usually take between waters when using 3 gallon fabric pots? I don’t want to over water her.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
View attachment 1158074View attachment 1158075
Hey guys I’m trying to dial in when to water my 3 gallon fabric pots. The top few inches are dry but if you dig further enough the soil is semi damp. It’s been 3 days since transplant and water. Temps in my tent get up to the high 70s maybe mids for the most part. How many days does it usually take between waters when using 3 gallon fabric pots? I don’t want to over water her.
wait another day or two, no worries!

crossfader

crossfader

The finger test method I find isn't as accurate as giving the pot a good watering (I use 3 gal fabric pots too) and noting the weight when wet. When it's dry it'll feel much much lighter... that's when to water again. For my plant I find I'm watering every 3-4 days.

Aqua Man here is very knowledgeable on all things watering...I've learned lots from reading his threads here.

Good Luck!✌

Panhead59

Panhead59

I'm a new grower just finishing my first grow with ffhf soil in 3 gal. Pots. I was determined not to overwater. My mistake was watering till I had too much "run off", or water coming out the bottom of pots. I had about a gal. Runoff total for 3 plants. I found this as too wet cuzz it took too long to dry out. Very little runoff seemed better. Approx. 3/4-1 gal. Per MATURE plant. Read aquamans posts on watering. Lifting pots and feeling weight I found to be best. Very light feeling for sure. Also look at big fan leaves. When they begin to droop, stem level, not up or "praying", it's time to water. They like it more dry than wet, it surprised me.

LakerGang89

LakerGang89

I'm a new grower just finishing my first grow with ffhf soil in 3 gal. Pots. I was determined not to overwater. My mistake was watering till I had too much "run off", or water coming out the bottom of pots. I had about a gal. Runoff total for 3 plants. I found this as too wet cuzz it took too long to dry out. Very little runoff seemed better. Approx. 3/4-1 gal. Per MATURE plant. Read aquamans posts on watering. Lifting pots and feeling weight I found to be best. Very light feeling for sure. Also look at big fan leaves. When they begin to droop, stem level, not up or "praying", it's time to water. They like it more dry than wet, it surprised me.
That’s what I did wrong. I had a little run off from each fabric pot. Not a lot and now it’s seems like it will take a while to dry out enough to water. Maybe 2 fluid ounces came from under my pots when watering.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
That’s what I did wrong. I had a little run off from each fabric pot. Not a lot and now it’s seems like it will take a while to dry out enough to water. Maybe 2 fluid ounces came from under my pots when watering.
When watering or feeding I saturate the pot. I use 1 gallon of liquid in my 3 gallon pots every 3-4 days at 78f with good air flow around & underneath the pots.I remove my plant tray after watering to allow air flow under my pots. If you let your planting mix dry out too much the water runs right off it or through it without watering it properly. If when watering/ feeding the liquid runs through to the bottom immediately then the soil is dry and hard. Slowly water with your gallon of liquid let the pot sit in the water to suck up as much as it needs then after about 30 min wet/vac up what the plant didn't take. I lift my pots every day to turn 1/4 and feel if it needs liquid.

C

CocoFun

When watering or feeding I saturate the pot. I use 1 gallon of liquid in my 3 gallon pots every 3-4 days at 78f with good air flow around & underneath the pots.I remove my plant tray after watering to allow air flow under my pots. If you let your planting mix dry out too much the water runs right off it or through it without watering it properly. If when watering/ feeding the liquid runs through to the bottom immediately then the soil is dry and hard. Slowly water with your gallon of liquid let the pot sit in the water to suck up as much as it needs then after about 30 min wet/vac up what the plant didn't take. I lift my pots every day to turn 1/4 and feel if it needs liquid.
You n I both. I found if I water HEAVY, then wait until the plants are droopy, subtract a day, that's my schedule.

Water to full saturation, about 3/4 gallon of 3 gallon pot. (only about 2.5 gallon soil though), after 5 days they look droopy, begging,, it's every 4 days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom