when trimming leaves

• Thread starter mastiff
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mastiff

mastiff

hey peeps, hope all is well, i was wondering i have only 2 girlies that i will be chopping soon, my ? is do i cut the small and medium leaves before letting them dry or what, i was thinking on maybe trying some hash, i dont know if 2 plants will do, or am i wasting my time, if i can get a few bowl hits from it why not, what do you all think, thanks again peeps , lot of help greatly appreciate it.

A

AFS420

its best to trim all in one day make's it easy to dry and and save's time.

N

Nutshell

When trimming your buds, take your time to carefully and precisely trim the buds. You can easily finish in 1 days time. Do it right the first time so you dont have to come back at a different time to finish the job.

R

Rolln J

I agree - cut it into manageable branches and trim it all up the way you want it to look - then hang it...

L

livinglegend

its only 2 plants..... you can trim it all in no time, than hang. no big deal.
my trim parties last 2+ days. lol

P

PURPLEOGMAN

just trim the fan leavez the hang dry them. DRY THEM SLOW SO TRHEY DONT SMELL LIKE HAY+

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
yea i wouldlook at the thread that tex put up,by short, he recommends hanging them with all leaves intact, then removing the fan leaves, then removing the smaller ones..check it out, its at the top of harvesting curing..:cool0041:

Blaze

Blaze

If you do not at least get those big fan leaves off it WILL smell like hay. I've smoked Short's stuff many a times and although it is always very smooth and tasty it smells like hay and has almost no aroma.

I've done the same strains myself so I know it is due to the dying and curing process not the genetics.

R

Rolln J

leaving the fan leaves on till your buds are dry has 2 really bad side effects - well three if you count the hay smell...

1) it takes a LOT longer to trim them leaves off the buds once they are shriveled up dry and stuck to your colas.

2) you can see the THC fly everywhere as your trying to trim off dry water leaf that is stuck to all your buds.

trim you shit one time - dry it slow and then cure it - I have seen so many people fuck this up by over complicating it...

J

jaybird

sounds like the trimming parties are going well...I finished mine 2 months ago.(7 plants =11 elbows)..i chose to trim it all when its wet ( i finished in 4 days).... then hang and cure(cure to preference...everyone claims they have the specific system for it)...(that nasty hay smell is the chlorophyll decomposing)...then as well as after this...buds will absorb any surrounding smells...decomposing chlorophyll = hay smell....other smelly plants around then...will also reflect in your final aromas.(due to different pollen in the air)
enjoy the tastee goodness
aloha and Gro-On
Jaybird

Latest posts

Top Bottom