When will my plants begin to appropriate the leftover P&K still left in the pot?

• Thread starter PhoenixFlower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

All the folk I've spoken with have told me plants use a LOT of P&K during flower. But when?

I mixed my ferts together to make a balanced NPK ratio of equal amounts and most of the nitrogen has been used up by the plants. But there's still lots of P&K left in the pot.

So when will the plant begin taking all that P&K to put to good use? How long? (I'm one week flipped to 12-12)

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
When it wants it. When it thinks it needs it. More than likely, when you are not looking, it will sneak some! L O L

Last edited:
Anthem

Anthem

So when I do my next grow, I should lay off the P&K ferts? Just use straight nitrogen ferts (7 3 3) instead of the (4 4 4) mix until my plants begin to flower?
There is much confusion regarding this topic. You have some pretty old school fert companies selling basically the same ratio start to finish all the way to AN with like 18 additives

PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

There is much confusion regarding this topic. You have some pretty old school fert companies selling basically the same ratio start to finish all the way to AN with like 18 additives
Well I tried that, there is literally no nitrogen in my medium currently. This picture was taken less than a week ago

Anthem

Anthem

Well I tried that, there is literally no nitrogen in my medium currently. This picture was taken less than a week ago

View attachment 1284101
I saw that. And I looked at your plant pictures in your profile. Your plants would like some N and CALCIUM. I not aware of your media but that is what they need. If I am not mistaken you want to do all organic. I cannot help you with that.

PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

I saw that. And I looked at your plant pictures in your profile. Your plants would like some N and CALCIUM. I not aware of your media but that is what they need. If I am not mistaken you want to do all organic. I cannot help you with that.
Thank you for the suggestion. I took your advice and bought some Calimagic from my local hydro shop on Friday of last week and added 1 tsp. to a gallon of water and watered it into my medium. I also added 2 tsp. of the 7 3 3 fertilizer to it as well.

There still is quite a lot of the P&K in the medium, so I'm hesitant to add more fertilizer as I'm petrified of a potential toxicity developing.

Top Bottom