When Will The Oregon Cannabis Industry 'plateau' ???

• Thread starter Trixxi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
What is perplexing to me is I stop in at several of the local dispensaries often to see what is selling and they have shit quality that has no apparent "bag appeal" which I always hear is so important and it is terrible to smoke. I bought a few grams here and there and garbage it is. Also, they are frequently so low on product it looks they are selling out so they can close. Why are the shelves so bare around the West-side of Portland. That doesn't seem to compute if it is a dispensary buyers market. If that was the case they would be selective on what they buy and they would get it at a low cost so their shelves should be stock with gourmet product.

Dee
I hear that, I do not go into local valley dispensary’s for the same reason that you are pointing out. You will not find gourmet product in the Portland metro area. My feeling is it was best when it was one independent grower selling fire that was harvested, trimmed and aged to the point you absolutely could not complain about. Saw a billboard in Clackamas “4 dollar grams” must be tasty.

frebo

frebo

http://www.wweek.com/news/2018/04/1...mers-are-left-with-mountains-of-unwanted-bud/

The above article above helps explain how things are in mostly northern Oregon, and southern is worse. I have a friend who owns a dispensary that has very nice nuggets of indoor and outdoor. He grows his own and buys very little from “Licensed growers”.
As a medical grower(for myself) I cannot sell my extra to....dispensaries, my neighbor or anyone except maybe another carded Oregon medical patient at a price no higher than the cost to grow it.
I have been giving away a lot to friends and have encouraged them to share with others and DO NOT BUY FROM DISPENSARIES.

DGP

DGP

http://www.wweek.com/news/2018/04/1...mers-are-left-with-mountains-of-unwanted-bud/

The above article above helps explain how things are in mostly northern Oregon, and southern is worse. I have a friend who owns a dispensary that has very nice nuggets of indoor and outdoor. He grows his own and buys very little from “Licensed growers”.
As a medical grower(for myself) I cannot sell my extra to....dispensaries, my neighbor or anyone except maybe another carded Oregon medical patient at a price no higher than the cost to grow it.
I have been giving away a lot to friends and have encouraged them to share with others and DO NOT BUY FROM DISPENSARIES.

I am amazed at how many morons are out there. Just read the comments people have written in regards to the article (at the bottom of the page).

I get real sick of people stigmatizing cannabis, cannabis users as well as just their ignorant beliefs. They have obviously never tried to grow a decent crop saying things like its so easy to grow.

The state should have never made the change that allowed outside of the state money to pour in. They just saw dollar signs in their eyes just like the potential growers and in the process they will cause all kinds of havoc in the industry. I think they honestly thought they would pull in gobs more money by allowing outside investors but instead they destroyed the market.

Dee

frebo

frebo

I just saw a dispensary in Medford Oregon advertising $35 ounces. I remember a $10 bag that was about 3/4 of an ounce. I think it will happen again.
I bought an 1/8th of Rocky Mountain Cookies indoor grown for $21 at Oregon Farmacy in Medford that was very nice.
I’m only growing seven plants and a couple males for making a little seed. I still have 15-20 lbs of untrimmed that will be given away or compost. Hope everyone on here does well but it isn’t worth what it was.
All the big farmers around here have switched to hemp.

Dan789

Dan789

I just saw a dispensary in Medford Oregon advertising $35 ounces. I remember a $10 bag that was about 3/4 of an ounce. I think it will happen again.
I bought an 1/8th of Rocky Mountain Cookies indoor grown for $21 at Oregon Farmacy in Medford that was very nice.
I’m only growing seven plants and a couple males for making a little seed. I still have 15-20 lbs of untrimmed that will be given away or compost. Hope everyone on here does well but it isn’t worth what it was.
All the big farmers around here have switched to hemp.
Wow.

DGP

DGP

Despite the low retail prices occasionally seen we are seeing wholesale prices going up quite a bit. Most of the product is going out of state wether the government likes it or not and towards the end of Summer supplies are running shorter. Of course it depends on whether you talk about black market trends or legal market trends. It will certainly be interesting come Rock-tober when Oregon is projected to yield 3 million pounds for a 300,000 lb market. I think the trend will continue with most of the harvest going out of state. Supply and demand (prices too low) will cause this to continue. The crops are quite simply going to follow the mohey. Many of the legal grows are struggling or going bust and a whole new crop of licensees are coming on line this year. Interesting times. In the end the state totally F'd the situation up and it is their fault for getting so greedy and crashing the market by issuing so many licenses.

Also, the big fires in CA are probably effecting the market demands here in Oregon as well.....

Top Bottom