whens the soonest i can start flowering my plants?

• Thread starter Beeronymous
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Beeronymous

answers? say from about one inch tall to whenever? how big should i let it get? can i actually start flowering as soon as it pops out of the dirt?

R

rezz

Im far from an expert, but from what i gather, you should wait untill the plant has established itself, otherwise it just wont work. I personally would wait over a month before even thinking about flowering. But hell, what do i know.

aldus

aldus

Sativa ? Indica? All depends. Look at people doing SOG grows, they flower right when their clones are rooted (to give you an idea of size), but only yield 7-14g (approximate) per plant.

With a sativa plant you may be able to start flowering right away, but I am not sure how successful you would be. Look for some 12/12 from seed threads, I think they are using pure or close to pure sativas. Equatorial sativa would be your best bet seeing as they are basically 12/12 their whole lives in their natural environment.

general_sketch

general_sketch

You can't start flowering it just when it pops out of the dirt. You've got to veg it out until at least 6-10 inches, depending on what you're after, and then flower. Like rezz said, it could be about a month depending on strain, environment, room conditions, your skills, etc;

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
wait a couple months at least go to the forums and read plenty of stuff there

R

rezz

checking back in on the thread, yeah id listen to these guys, you dont want to try and jump the gun on flowering. just wait till you thkn they are truely ready, and read up. good luck with your grows.

R

Redux

You can go 12/12 from the beggining from seed if you really want. Best to wait at least until they are sexed though. Clones can for sure go 12/12 soon as they are rooted...ala SOG. For pure sats or sat dominants from seed you need to let them age a bit in veg well past when they show sex to achieve full potential when you flower.

B

Beeronymous

so,if it's an indica...i can start flowering from seed.but if i get a male and a female, i'll have seeds on my hands? even if its only a few(say eight inches) tall?

R

Redux

so,if it's an indica...i can start flowering from seed.but if i get a male and a female, i'll have seeds on my hands? even if its only a few(say eight inches) tall?
If it's a sat dom or pure sat you can also flower from seed but you'll for sure achieve less than maximum potential as compared to an indica dom or pure indica under the same conditions...from what I understand.

You'll have seeds on your hand if any male pops then spreads pollen AND there's a fem developed enough to pollinate. Don't see any reason you couldn't sex any plant, male or female, before the possibility of anything happening though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom