Where Do I Keep Going Wrong With My Organic Soil??

• Thread starter HappyJack420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HappyJack420

HappyJack420

I am a Cali medical patient that needs to grow my own medicine so I have quality and genetics control. I am on my 3rd ever grow, but have been constantly doing research for like 2.5 years. I have yet to complete a successful grow, where the plants produce amazing bud. My first 2 grows I did complete and have bud at the end (just shitty quality).

My question is this: I keep having different nutrient deficiencies in EVERY grow. When I think I've corrected one another or 2 pop up. I don't know if nutrient deficiency or lockout, but I need to start growing correctly for myself ASAP.

I see everyone mixing their own organic supersoil with like 10+ ingredients and having like 30 gal of it in the end. I am growing super small scale, 2 plants at a time in a 2.5'x2'x4' grow tent with 1 300watt broad spec LED. I don't have the budget to buy a ton of 'mix ingredients'

My current plants are in Just Natural Organic soil I'll post a picture of the ingredients. (Yes I now realize it contains organic fertilizer, which I'm guessing is time release). They were planted with Mykos and Azos from Xtreme gardening. The Ph of the runoff is 6.5, perfect for soil. The plant's leaves were all turning dark green with purple, woody stems. I flushed them and the problems got way worse. So why do all my plants have multiple nutrient deficiencies? Can I amend this soil and save these plants?
Where do i keep going wrong with my organic soil
Where do i keep going wrong with my organic soil 2

fatawa

fatawa

Ah...if you hav time release nutes n soil every watering is a feeding..i dont do much soil anymore but when i did i wud mix 60% organic potting soil(lowest npk u can find)30%perlite,10%shagnum moss..then i controlled feeding with organic hydro nutes.u dnt need much nutes but u hav to controll them.i use to run 6.7ph myself

fatawa

fatawa

How much perlite do u use?shagnum moss holds water/nutes....it clinges to the strands/fibers so id say if yur problem is hot soil dnt add that.perlite or clay pellets so the nutes salts can escape easier..im n dwc now so someone whos more n practice will probaby hav more options for you.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Buy yourself some botles of organic nutrients. Grow and bloom for a start. And some compost tea can work wonders. If there are nutrients in the soil that need a bit of help to be released (digested by microbes) this would be my first step. If still hungry use the bottle but don't pH it.

HappyJack420

HappyJack420

Buy yourself some botles of organic nutrients. Grow and bloom for a start. And some compost tea can work wonders. If there are nutrients in the soil that need a bit of help to be released (digested by microbes) this would be my first step. If still hungry use the bottle but don't pH it.
1. Is there a way I can use compost tea if I do not have a way to aerate it/oxygenate it?
2. Will this soil be usable for future grows by adding perlite and EWC to it? Or should I just buy FFOF like everyone seems to say ?
3. Is my big noobie mistake, that has my plants stressed every grow, not buying grow nutes? I actually did pick up bloom, but thought the soil would feed the plants what they wanted

Organikz

Organikz

Super soil water only recipe
  • 1 part SPM
  • 1 part compost/EWC
  • 1 part aeration

Per cubic foot [7.5g]
  • 2 cups kelp meal
  • 1/2 cup blood meal or bat guano
  • 1/2 cup fish bone meal
  • 1/2 cup crab meal (This acts as a liming agent with a better balance than dolomite lime and also provides chitin)
  • 1/2 cup gypsum
  • 6 cups of rock dust (I crush up my lava rock which is my aeration of choice. Don't slack on minerals. Rich soil mineral content allows natural nitrogen and phos fixation to occur via microherds which will increase flower quality.)
Weekly fulvic acid/silica/aloe/liquid kelp or kelp meal tea (if you like messing with teas that is. I like top dressing personally which you will understand when reading up on "soil solution chemistry") solution feedings are necessary.

Calcium/mag/Iron and even K aren't mobile in soil. This is why it's important to mix soil thoroughly and fulvic acid will unbind any cations in the soil.

Our soil just doesn't have the humic acid required to properly chelate minerals for a nute sucking cannabis plant.

A few subjects that are helpful are:

"Soil solution chemistry"
"Cation exchange capacity"
"Sugar signalling"

I'll provide some resources when I get to my computer.

Organikz

Organikz

i know the subjects are somewhat advanced but these are the issues i feel you're running into. iron oxidizes in the soil and turns to rust basically. a plant cannot take up rust. the fulvic/humic acids are what break these ionic bonds and almost create an ionic barrier around the individual elements and allows for easier uptake by the plant. i learned quick by not chelating my minerals that they're useless without a little help at first. towards the end of the cycle you don't need to apply as much as your humus has began to accumulate and will start handling the process on it's own.

kelp meal contains a lot of fulvic acid as well.

Organikz

Organikz

S

Stkyfingaz

I am a Cali medical patient that needs to grow my own medicine so I have quality and genetics control. I am on my 3rd ever grow, but have been constantly doing research for like 2.5 years. I have yet to complete a successful grow, where the plants produce amazing bud. My first 2 grows I did complete and have bud at the end (just shitty quality).

My question is this: I keep having different nutrient deficiencies in EVERY grow. When I think I've corrected one another or 2 pop up. I don't know if nutrient deficiency or lockout, but I need to start growing correctly for myself ASAP.

I see everyone mixing their own organic supersoil with like 10+ ingredients and having like 30 gal of it in the end. I am growing super small scale, 2 plants at a time in a 2.5'x2'x4' grow tent with 1 300watt broad spec LED. I don't have the budget to buy a ton of 'mix ingredients'

My current plants are in Just Natural Organic soil I'll post a picture of the ingredients. (Yes I now realize it contains organic fertilizer, which I'm guessing is time release). They were planted with Mykos and Azos from Xtreme gardening. The Ph of the runoff is 6.5, perfect for soil. The plant's leaves were all turning dark green with purple, woody stems. I flushed them and the problems got way worse. So why do all my plants have multiple nutrient deficiencies? Can I amend this soil and save these plants?View attachment 711089 View attachment 711091
I know this is old but ive found in my experience if u want to make it to harvest with no problems from seed to finish without a whole list of crap to buy. Use ffhf transplant with the mykos and azos and just water as needed u should b able to make it to the end no problems. I believe u started with to hot of a mix. Hope it helps a little

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Imo it was probably due to his input water being high in heavy dissolved metals. It can cause all kinds of issues and have you chasing your tail as each micro nutrient takes it’s turn being locked out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom