Where Do You Place Inline Duct Fan and Filter?

ViparSpectra

Supporter
ViparSpectra are happy to get sharings from the user all around the world. It is interested to find out that some tents are packed with the equipments with the light and plants, and some tents are packed with most of the plants.

We sum up there are 4 showcase of the inline duct fan and filters. Which one is yours? Can you share your grow room with us? Thank you for sharing.

1. Both the fan and filter are placed inside the tent;
2. The fan is placed outside the tent, and the filter inside the tent;
3. The fan is placed inside the tent, and the filter outside the tent;
4. Both the fan and filter are placed outside the tent.

T_Dub

T_Dub

I used option #1 when I had a 5x5x8’ tall tent. Now I use option 4 with my 2x4x6’ tall tent and 2x2x4’ tall tent. My exhaust port is always placed at the top of the tent where the hottest air resides.

crossfader

crossfader

Option #1 in my 3x3 but next run I'm reconfiguring by going with option #2 so I can free up some needed space.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

So what people are saying here is that if someone uses something other than method 1 or 2, they're fucking losers?

Jeez guys, I think you're judging people you don't know a little too harshly. Take it down a notch.

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
No tent and no filter in grow operations here.
Dual exhaust installed at each end of a 4'x10' space near the ceiling. Duct goes thru the ceiling up into the crawlspace between roof and ceiling. Up there, both duct lines feed into an ozone generator to eliminate odor then the duct proceeds out thru a roof vent.

My old tent is used for drying these days and an old inline with a Phresh filter is in there to work as an air scrubber

CookiesLikeWhoa

CookiesLikeWhoa

Edit:
three 5x5x7 tents for flower-ishing
one 5x5x6 tent for the moms
one 2x4x6 for veg
one 2x2x4 for germination

All set up the same way. Veg and Germination don't have filters, just fans.

ViparSpectra

Supporter
I used option #1 when I had a 5x5x8’ tall tent. Now I use option 4 with my 2x4x6’ tall tent and 2x2x4’ tall tent. My exhaust port is always placed at the top of the tent where the hottest air resides.
👍A better way to reduce heat from the tent~

L

leomajor

I am currently about to set up with method 4.

I am trying to keep fungus (grey mold and powdery mildew) from the basement out of the grow tent. Not worried about the smell at all

BadgerFace

BadgerFace

ViparSpectra are happy to get sharings from the user all around the world. It is interested to find out that some tents are packed with the equipments with the light and plants, and some tents are packed with most of the plants.

We sum up there are 4 showcase of the inline duct fan and filters. Which one is yours? Can you share your grow room with us? Thank you for sharing.

1. Both the fan and filter are placed inside the tent;
2. The fan is placed outside the tent, and the filter inside the tent;
3. The fan is placed inside the tent, and the filter outside the tent;
4. Both the fan and filter are placed outside the tent.

BadgerFace

BadgerFace

As a new grower, this has been bothering me. If I use option 1, the inside of my tent is cramped and the ducting makes a 90 degree turn. If I use option 2 and place the fan outside tent my ducting run is longer. There is no significant difference in noise levels. Is one better than the other? Does it even matter? Advice would be appreciated.

Top Bottom