Where Do You Put Your Water??

• Thread starter Tearsofshiva
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tearsofshiva

sup friends

I grow indoors with supersoil so this year I'm installing my own plumbing into my grow tables so that I can immediately get that runoff out of there. The plants already transpire 95% of the water they uptake so needless to say this can cause it to be very difficult to maintain a low enough humidity when enclosed in a room. So it got me thinking there must be others in my position who have thought of some pretty creative ways to get rid of water. I drilled a hole in my grow tables and installed a sink drain which runs to pvc piping and flows directly out of the room to a barrel where it will yen be pumped tot he septic.

So for my indoor soil growers out there who has the most ingenious way to get rid of their wAter???

StandingRock

StandingRock

Pumping into the toilet is genius.

Mine runs via gravity to my sump pump and up and out.

If you have a basement and your growing upstairs you can cut a circular hole in your floor and run it down to a drain pipe or sump pump. If you're on a slab plumbing it away is more difficult.

hiboy

hiboy

Pumping into the toilet is genius.

Mine runs via gravity to my sump pump and up and out.

If you have a basement and your growing upstairs you can cut a circular hole in your floor and run it down to a drain pipe or sump pump. If you're on a slab plumbing it away is more difficult.

Yes my upstairs veg room has tables that penetrate thru the wood floor and T together and fill the sink
Hb

StandingRock

StandingRock

Yes my upstairs veg room has tables that penetrate thru the wood floor and T together and fill the sink
Hb
And that sir is how it's done. It's really about finding the closest drain of any kind and connecting it.

hiboy

hiboy

And that sir is how it's done. It's really about finding the closest drain of any kind and connecting it.

I'm in electrical contractor and I've been in the trades since high school (47 now) I've built many rooms I do a lot of planning before I build anything and its really showing in my flower rooms
I want to post some pics I just never get around to it I have an automatic watering system with a pool pump that waters 156 plants with John guess fittings connected to 2 inch PVC that waters all in about two minutes complete
it's a very impressive set up and yes I'm patting myself on the back ha ha
Hb

StandingRock

StandingRock

I'm in electrical contractor and I've been in the trades since high school (47 now) I've built many rooms I do a lot of planning before I build anything and its really showing in my flower rooms
I want to post some pics I just never get around to it I have an automatic watering system with a pool pump that waters 156 plants with John guess fittings connected to 2 inch PVC that waters all in about two minutes complete
Hb
Haha I'm the same way. Been in every different trade for the last 7 years. My room is completely automated too. Im pretty sure I like building, problem solving and growing more than smoking. What can ya do lol

T

Tearsofshiva

Thanks! This is my second season so before last year I had no idea what a problem this was going to be! My room is 10x11 in the basement, which is good for some things (heat management) and more difficult for others (water removal). But it's all in the planning and layout and its the first thing I'm taking care of before I pop any seeds this year....

Thank you both for the input!

StandingRock

StandingRock

Thanks! This is my second season so before last year I had no idea what a problem this was going to be! My room is 10x11 in the basement, which is good for some things (heat management) and more difficult for others (water removal). But it's all in the planning and layout and its the first thing I'm taking care of before I pop any seeds this year....

Thank you both for the input!
Growing in a basement is amazing for heat management. You can even use an ac unit through the wall of your grow room and vent the exhaust into your basement. The walls will absorb all the heat you can throw at them.

T

Tearsofshiva

Growing in a basement is amazing for heat management. You can even use an ac unit through the wall of your grow room and vent the exhaust into your basement. The walls will absorb all the heat you can throw at them.
That's exactly what I'm doing. Last year I had a window AC unit and it definitely didn't cut it so I used some of my grow money to buy a 12,000 BTU standing LG unit. So now by removing excess water and cooling the air within the room I can dial down my exhaust system (which was pretty much cranking all year to get all the heat and water out) and I also got a natural gas CO2 generator with a regulator, another reason to slow down it down.

T

Tearsofshiva

I'm so fuckin stoked for this year it's unbelievable. I just wish I could quit my day job so I could have more time down there.....

T

Tearsofshiva

Hb
I have 16 lights (yeah I know absolutely ridiculous) and they were supposed to come from the factory daisy chain ready, but when they're salesman delivered them they weren't.... So getting all of the lights on 1 timer seems to be nearly impossible.. You're an electrician? 8 of the lights are on one 20 amp circuit (2 outlets) and the other 8 are on a second. If I bought two timers like the one in the link below could I wire one to each circuit? And if so, would I have to do it at the breaker box?

https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/3413/ELEC-T102.html?gclid=CKv6hYXBu9ICFcaIswodjykMwQ

StandingRock

StandingRock

I have 16 lights (yeah I know absolutely ridiculous) and they were supposed to come from the factory daisy chain ready, but when they're salesman delivered them they weren't.... So getting all of the lights on 1 timer seems to be nearly impossible.. You're an electrician? 8 of the lights are on one 20 amp circuit (2 outlets) and the other 8 are on a second. If I bought two timers like the one in the link below could I wire one to each circuit? And if so, would I have to do it at the breaker box?

https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/3413/ELEC-T102.html?gclid=CKv6hYXBu9ICFcaIswodjykMwQ
I can't comment on anything except I've used that timer and I loved it lol

hiboy

hiboy

You're going to have to explain how eight lights can be on one circuit because the lights are 8000 Watts and you cannot put that on the circuit so I'm not exactly sure what you're saying
The picture of that timer says a T103 but it's actually a T101 because it's appears to be 120v
Hb

Last edited:
hiboy

hiboy

I can't comment on anything except I've used that timer and I loved it lol

The timer is good if you want to build A relay system or a bunch of outlets connected to the load but even being an electrician it's easier cheaper to just buy 8 a Light control by titan
Hb

StandingRock

StandingRock

Hiboy is right
Amps=watts divided by volts

Don't exceed breaker amps. Pretty simple lol

icanfarm

icanfarm

I have sixteen to a fifty and two more in my veg soon to be second bloom room to another fifty amp

T

Tearsofshiva

I have four 2oo watt LEDs plugged into each outlet. Four outlets total and two on each circuit and both are 20 amp.... So a total of 3200 watts in the room 16 lights x 200 watts

Top Bottom