Where Is Canna Hiding Their Calcium?(the Truth Behind Canna Nutrients)

• Thread starter FarmerX
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

costa

Little update . The plants are now back to normal , color is normal , except for new budsites , which are a bit paler . Won't take long before they green up as well . Sorry for the lack of pics . I honestly don't know how to do it . Ph is 5.8 - 5.9 ish ,,, @ Pimples , how can I deal with the iron issue ? Has canna got a product re. this ? I am following canna's feed program formulated especially for my situation . They work it out from a tap water @ 200 ppm , hence me using epsom and mono cal. to add to the 30 ppm on my RO water . Anyway , they are praying again and sips 2 l every 36 hours in 8 l of coco . I'm hoping for a ' peaceful run home ' ,,,, lol

P

Pimples

Little update . The plants are now back to normal , color is normal , except for new budsites , which are a bit paler . Won't take long before they green up as well . Sorry for the lack of pics . I honestly don't know how to do it . Ph is 5.8 - 5.9 ish ,,, @ Pimples , how can I deal with the iron issue ? Has canna got a product re. this ? I am following canna's feed program formulated especially for my situation . They work it out from a tap water @ 200 ppm , hence me using epsom and mono cal. to add to the 30 ppm on my RO water . Anyway , they are praying again and sips 2 l every 36 hours in 8 l of coco . I'm hoping for a ' peaceful run home ' ,,,, lol
If your problem is getting worked out by your current practices. ..i wouldnt worry about the GENERALLY lower overall iron in Cannas nute lineup. If it was a drastic concurrent problem iam sure the forums would be all over it. Canna nutes still sell..and sell well...which means they work.

C

costa

Very good . Just what I like to hear . Yes , things has worked out ok . One thing less to worry about , lol . Thanks @ Pimples

M

MikeGreat

Very interesting thread and one where I will like to share my experiences…

Canna Coco base on my numerous experiments requires the addition of a Cal/Mag product to avoid possible Cal or mag deficiencies. This is a standard practice among growers in my area. I am not sure if the deficiency is due to Cal or Mag or the fact that many of the growers are using other substrate besides the Coco sold by Canna. I have experience the deficiencies every single time and it reflects on the plant two days after transplanting and feeding with Canna A-B without CalMag. During any period of plant stage if I water more than once with-out cal/mag the deficiency will re-appear on the plant within days.

When I contacted Canna about the issue I was told that if the grower utilizes a coco substrates that is not made by Canna they can’t guaranteed the efficiency of their nutrient line.

My intent is not to blame Canna for this issue but rather find the source of the problem.

This can very well be a result of the substrate, Nutrient ratios or minerals in the water.

I have experimented with 100% RO water, 50/50 RO to Tap water (tap water 150ppm), 100% tap water and plans till always show deficiencies unless Cal Mag at the rate of 3 to 7 Mil per gallon is included in the feeding.

I will be interested in posting a part of the standard formula for canna to see if you guys can identified a possible issues with the ratios… I am not well-verse in the matter of ratios and I will like to hear your opinions….

Last edited:
P

Pimples

Very interesting thread and one where I will like to share my experiences…

Canna Coco base on my numerous experiments requires the addition of a Cal/Mag product to avoid possible Cal or mag deficiencies. This is a standard practice among growers in my area. I am not sure if the deficiency is due to Cal or Mag or the fact that many of the growers are using other substrate besides the Coco sold by Canna. I have experience the deficiencies every single time and it reflects on the plant two days after transplanting and feeding with Canna A-B without CalMag.

When I contacted Canna about the issue I was told that if the grower utilizes a coco substrates that is not made by Canna they can’t warrantee the efficiency of their nutrient line.

My intent is not to blame Canna for this issue but rather find the source of the problem.

This can very well be a result of the substrate, Nutrient ratios or minerals in the water.

I have experimented with 100% RO water, 50/50 RO to Tap water (tap water 150ppm), 100% tap water and plans till always show deficiencies unless Cal Mag at the rate of 3 to 7 Mil per gallon.

I will be interested in posting a part of the standard formula for canna to see if you guys can identified a possible issues with the ratios… I am not well-verse in the matter of ratios and I will like to hear your opinions….
Your tap (0.3 ec right? ) with about a tsp (5ml) of calmag puts you at what ec before adding canna a &b to final pot transplants? What amount (tsp or ml) of a & b ? What is final ec even after pH adjusting if any? What is final pH of transplant solution? I ask these questions because I too get the purple stems (its NOT NORMAL PURPLE) and yellow (ish) leaves on SOME strains of cannabis. This is with my 0.2 ec tap and 8 to 10 ml. of Canna A & B .... pH down added (its about 6.5 ish after nutes before ph down) to final about 6.0. Some strains are funky for the first week of final pot transplant (2 or 3 gallon geo pots and smart pots). But some dont right along side them. My knock off Blue Dream gets the funk (yall know what iam talking about). The Santa Cruz cut of Dream (more sativa. ...way more) looks fine and takes off immediately after transplanting. With roots popping out the pot bottoms within days. The funky purple and yellowish leaves just sag and are sad looking on some of my strains. Takes forever to dry out the coco coir. They are slow. But iam relentless with the Canna feeds and they come around after a week or so of Canna A & B ( 8 to 10 ml of each - 1.2 to 1.4 ec TOTAL) with no calmag extra (just 0.2 tap).

Last edited:
M

MikeGreat

Not sure I will have to test it... My tap water is generally very low at 150 ppm .03 ec...... Give me 5 minutes and I will give you results.....

P

Pimples

Not sure I will have to test it... My tap water is generally very low at 150 ppm .03 ec...... Give me 5 minutes and I will give you results.....
Please read mu edited post. We have similar start waters.

M

MikeGreat

I just did... I will be able to tell you what the reading is after adding 5ml of cal/mg to my tab water in a minute but not what the total ppms will be after adding A-B because I am not feeding today.... I will post this week part of the formula I am using and ec readings... I am interested in hearing your opinions on my rations....

P

Pimples

Totally hijacked the thread. My bad. And this one was damn good. Just read the whole thing..again. Good stuff.

ByrneBurnham

ByrneBurnham

As I'm trying to decipher their nutrients and reasoning, I keep reminding myself that people have great results running just the base nutrients, Part A and B.

Canna A&B PLUS an 1/8 to 1/16 teaspoon of NPK Industries RAW Calcium/Magnesium added DIRECTLY to the mixed nutrient solution of Canna A&B and then ph'd is straight up SOLID when growing cannabis in coco coir.

SOLID ! ! !

ByrneBurnham

ByrneBurnham

I actually started a feed regimen that did NOT include the calcium/magnesium RAW products from NPK Industries compared to Canna A&B WITH the calcium magnesium supplement by NPK and the difference is beyond discernible!! Rusty spots without it - perfectly green growth with it !

Either you A) Mix fully your Canna AB, add in the small amount of Cal/Mag and THEN pH -

OR

Use the Cal/Mag supplement + h2o and then pH'ed and alternate on non-feeding days......both scenarios approved by Harley with the sideburns ! ! ! !

Last edited:
1989cheeseSOG

1989cheeseSOG

don't know if it has already been said but canna line is made for hard water (tap ec=0.5mS).
the nitric acid in the fertilizer will react with the calcium carbonate of your tap water and make the calcium avalaible
if you use canna with RO water or soft water it will be a disaster because there is no calcium in it (done it)

if a chemist is here correct me if i'm wrong

Madmax

Madmax

Great info

My water is 10ppm and ive had no such troubles with canna classic.all grows to date have been a success .

Top Bottom