where shouod I put my ballasts?

• Thread starter mpjm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mpjm

Hey all.

My room us almost complete and I'm wondetung what I should do about my ballast. Is leaving them on the concrete floor (in my garage) or should I bold something (a shelf maybe?) And state them on that?

I have 2 600w HPS w/ ballast and one 400w MH w/ ballast also.

Just wondering what the best idea here is...

mr. chunky nugz

mr. chunky nugz

you can hang them from the ceiling if you dont have any heat issues... usually i recommend putting them outside the room cause they generate a fair amount of heat. good luck

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

Hi mpjm, I'd bolt them to the ceiling or use your shelf idea because putting them on the floor is an accident waiting to happen.

G

Green Supreme

I hang them from the roof outside the room with a screw hook and a piece of coat hanger. Peace GS

M

mpjm

Wtf...I can't spell for shit. and thank you everyone looks like i'll be hanging them tomorrow. Thanks all!

J

Jalisco Kid

I would put it in your attic/storage above the garage. JK

S

Skuff

Maybe too late, but id recommend digital ballasts.. I just purchased a couple, and they give off next to no heat, and you could easily hold them in your hands, where as the old school ones used to melt through bone! So with next to no heat you could put them anywhere as long as its dry

B

biggun4me

Keep them off the floor.. One spill could be a shocking experience...Peace

G

Green Supreme

Please do more research on digital ballasts especially if dealing with Lumatek. These companies do research on the backs of their customers. Lame. Denial has been a big part of their program till folks actually got busted. Be out safe folks these people are not looking out for you. Peace GS

M

Mad Farmer 1620

Please do more research on digital ballasts especially if dealing with Lumatek. These companies do research on the backs of their customers. Lame. Denial has been a big part of their program till folks actually got busted. Be out safe folks these people are not looking out for you. Peace GS

What do you mean by Lumatek doing research on the backs of their customers?

Top Bottom