Where to buy a vaporizer online?

• Thread starter BigBlonde
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
It’s not the same as smoking though is it? I still have to go for a pipe load once in a while. Different & stronger. But I can vape inside. 👍

it will never be as a throat hit definitely will be different from the actual smoke of leaf material combusting imo

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Wow! Thanks to everyone for so much useful information. I'll read them when I'm done with this post.

We have a Vuber cartridge vape, but I want one for our home grown. The Pax models look good, and many folks like them. I submitted a help request, but so far haven't received a response. Now that I'm getting deeper into this, I'm wondering whether to get a Pax 3 or a Pax Plus. There are some discounts on the Pax 3, so it looks like they're closing out the model. The Plus has a half gram capacity versus the 3 that can hold a quarter gram. Never having used one, I don't know how much that difference would matter.

The portability of the Pax models appeals to me. The Magic doesn't appear to be portable.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Wow! Thanks to everyone for so much useful information. I'll read them when I'm done with this post.

We have a Vuber cartridge vape, but I want one for our home grown. The Pax models look good, and many folks like them. I submitted a help request, but so far haven't received a response. Now that I'm getting deeper into this, I'm wondering whether to get a Pax 3 or a Pax Plus. There are some discounts on the Pax 3, so it looks like they're closing out the model. The Plus has a half gram capacity versus the 3 that can hold a quarter gram. Never having used one, I don't know how much that difference would matter.

The portability of the Pax models appeals to me. The Magic doesn't appear to be portable.
Is this for home, travel, or both?

Do you have anyone or a place you could try a few or model you like?

Make sure it does wax/oil as well as dry if that matters to you.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Are you in the US?
Yes. We're in Washington State, but we live a day trip away from the nearest store that sells vapes.

Is this for home, travel, or both?
It will mostly be for home use, but I like the idea of being able to carry it with me.

Make sure it does wax/oil as well as dry if that matters to you.
I'm not sure that matters to me. The Pax models do concentrates. I mostly want to use the weed I grow.

josefrahl

josefrahl

I don't think the oven size of the Pax models matters unless you're using it in a session with friends. I have the Pax 2 with a "sandwhich pusher" accessory that makes my oven smaller so I can finish it off, and always start with fresh bud. Also helps with airflow making it easier to hit.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
it will never be as a throat hit definitely will be different from the actual smoke of leaf material combusting imo
This is why im so bullish on the Mighty. It can and does produce vapor density that mimics real pulls. I know Im a heavy heavy but Pax 2 never came close for me. The Plenty is a fun device but I never use it much. Might be tastiest dry herb vape tho. Puffco and Mighty used daily over here.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

It’s not the same as smoking though is it? I still have to go for a pipe load once in a while. Different & stronger. But I can vape inside. 👍
No it's not the same. With smoking, you get everything all at once. With vaping, you first get the lighter terps, then heavier terps with THC, then finally no terps and just THC...

Still, it's easier on the lungs and you can really get the taste. Unless a taste is very prominent, when I smoke the taste is "smokey."

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
I like Smoke Cartel. They pretty much carry all brands and then some. I use Capital One's coupon code program and it will always find a 10,15,20, or 25% off coupon.

If buying direct, Pulsar and Boundless are good and also work with the Cap 1 coupon code finder.
I've never had to pay full price at any of those outlets with that coupon finder

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
No it's not the same. With smoking, you get everything all at once. With vaping, you first get the lighter terps, then heavier terps with THC, then finally no terps and just THC...

Still, it's easier on the lungs and you can really get the taste. Unless a taste is very prominent, when I smoke the taste is "smokey."
This is a good description. You get used to the different high. You can definitely still get lit up

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yes. We're in Washington State, but we live a day trip away from the nearest store that sells vapes.

It will mostly be for home use, but I like the idea of being able to carry it with me.

I'm not sure that matters to me. The Pax models do concentrates. I mostly want to use the weed I grow.
I just bought the ArizerQ it works great but its not portable its a small blender size thing sits on my desk top and I use a whip - 3ft long tube with a glass tip....no ashes on the key board...its not as heavy a smoke as a joint but you get just as high and it lasts quite a while, then stir and get another few pulls.....Mikey Likes..lol

My first vape too.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I finally was able to communicate with Pax support. I called it correctly. The problem was a parameter passing error. They do an age check based on the information entered. Some of the parameters were missing. As a retired programmer, I've seen that one before. They don't seem to have it fixed yet, though.

I am considering several models. I still like the Pax 3 or Pax Plus. There's a nice discount on the Pax 3, so if the smaller oven isn't a problem, I may go with that model. The Pax also has a nice charging tray. There's a model with Pax, the Roman goddess of peace, engraved on it.
Pax 3 with Roman goddess engraved

E

elusiveshame

I get it. When I was looking I had no one to ask and online is full of 💩. So many BS reviews.

If I had joined before I bought one I would have asked at least two people here before buying. Things are to much $ to get stuck with a lemon. 🤣

But whatever. 🤷‍♂️

But you’re still asking online, and if you read half of the responses to the questions here, you realize you see the same 💩 as anywhere else.

And honestly, it’s 2023, it’s time people learn how to recognize BS reviews lol

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

But you’re still asking online, and if you read half of the responses to the questions here, you realize you see the same 💩 as anywhere else.

And honestly, it’s 2023, it’s time people learn how to recognize BS reviews lol
I don't think that was meant for me, however...

Reading reviews online can be helpful, but one must consider the sources carefully. That's how asking here matters. I have been reading this forum long enough to know many of the personalities, and there are many smart folks here. I've already learned things I didn't even know to ask. I can also ask questions here, which can't be done with reviewers. As with most things, critical thinking is important.

BB22

BB22

I appreciate this thread.

I’m just getting back into smoking after about a 10 year break. Hot damn! how things have changed.

I was paround some current smokers. They broke out all kinds of gear that just looked absolutely foreign to me.

When I was coming up. You put it in a paper or a bowl or a bong and that was it. Those were our options. Except for that weird guy that could smoke weed through a socket. Lol

E

elusiveshame

I don't think that was meant for me, however...

Reading reviews online can be helpful, but one must consider the sources carefully. That's how asking here matters. I have been reading this forum long enough to know many of the personalities, and there are many smart folks here. I've already learned things I didn't even know to ask. I can also ask questions here, which can't be done with reviewers. As with most things, critical thinking is important.

It was just a general response, not aimed at anyone directly or specifically.

Reviews are hit and miss, but it’s really nearly as not terrible as it was 10 years ago. Yeah, you get some sellers on Amazon who will buy reviews, but they can’t pay for them all.

And on Amazon you can ask the seller a question and anyone who’s purchased can respond.

I’m not saying people shouldn’t ask questions and for peoples opinions on forums, but to ask such a basic question without doing any of the 4 minutes of googling it might take comes off pretty lazy.

E

elusiveshame

I’m just getting back into smoking after about a 10 year break. Hot damn! how things have changed.

I was paround some current smokers. They broke out all kinds of gear that just looked absolutely foreign to me.

When I was coming up. You put it in a paper or a bowl or a bong and that was it. Those were our options. Except for that weird guy that could smoke weed through a socket. Lol

We used hollowed out apples in high school 😅

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Likewise for me. I had a long mid-life break for career reasons. Now I'm retired and pretty much do what I want. And yes, things certainly have changed. My thinking is that legalization and capitalism have brought development of new products. Even after ten years of legal weed here in my state, I'm still amazed by how much product there is on the shelves of the cannabis retailers.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I’m not saying people shouldn’t ask questions and for peoples opinions on forums, but to ask such a basic question without doing any of the 4 minutes of googling it might take comes off pretty lazy.
Ah. I see. I did do searches before I posed the question here. I'm not sure why anyone would assume I didn't. That said, how would my buying decision be facilitated by avoiding posing a question to this group of experts? People don't have to contribute an answer if they don't want to do so, and that makes the kindness of those who do so much more special.

E

elusiveshame

I'm new to vaping and have decided to buy a vaporizer. I think the new Pax Plus looks good. I have been trying to buy from the Pax website, but it's broken, and it seems no one is checking the error logs. So, now I'm looking for a reliable source and would appreciate recommendations. TIA
Ah. I see. I did do searches before I posed the question here. I'm not sure why anyone would assume I didn't. That said, how would my buying decision be facilitated by avoiding posing a question to this group of experts? People don't have to contribute an answer if they don't want to do so, and that makes the kindness of those who do so much more special.

Your first post just talks about the Pax and mentions nothing of any other product or research on what you might be thinking of getting. Just “this site isn’t working for me, what should I get?”

And not everyone that responds is going to have experience on a wide range of products. If there’s a pretty even split among various products, what’s going to influence your decision at that point? Seems silly to put all of your influence in one basket.

Edit: at a quick glance, there at least 11 different products and resources recommended. I don’t see how that helps.

Top Bottom