Where to defoliate

• Thread starter Terpeneluv
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

Hey all,

I fully understand the principal (and it makes sense to me) of why to defoliate, but the question is where? Yes, I get that I want to get rid of a light obstruction, but do I clip the fan leaves off the main stem and avoid cutting the fan leaves coming from the side shoots, or the other way around? Or does it not matter?

Thanks

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

Any larger sun leaves thats blocking bud sites or light penetration

Yes, that I understand. The question is if there's a distinction between fan leaves on the main stem rather that fan leaves on side shoots.

Therighthigh

Therighthigh

It doesnt matter where on the plant it is, if its blocking a bud sites or light penetration on you can cut it. Show us your plants canopy.

Therighthigh

Therighthigh

Now i have a better idea of what you’re asking lol. Yes snip some of those bigger side fan leaves to get more light penetration. And you can cut the ones from the main or side it doesn’t matter. Im a year in still learning myself lol my valley girl og

DDF60839 CC49 4E80 A70A 1AD33E95ECB4
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
If you’re not flowering then I’d start defoliating from the bottom up. Clean up what won’t be useful during the flowering stage. Once you flip into flowering you can remove large fan leaves from areas covering bud sites.

Latest posts

Top Bottom