Where To Keep Males While Females Flower

• Thread starter Odin44
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Odin44

Odin44

How should I keep a male separate from females until the females are harvested? I want to save the pollen but I cant keep it under the same light as the females because I dont want seeds. I dont have room for another light just for males. Can it be kept in the dark for a few weeks until the females are finished?

Dino70

Dino70

I had a small tent so set it up in a bedroom but you do want to run a 12/12 light on it if you don't move anything around it it can sit in a corner and to collect pollen you don't need much 1/8 of a gram will do thousands of seeds

Dino70

Dino70

I had a small tent so set it up in a bedroom but you do want to run a 12/12 light on it if you don't move anything around it it can sit in a corner and to collect pollen you don't need much 1/8 of a gram will do thousands of seeds
It will produce pollen long before your done flowering if you started with reg seeds and went to flip them over then you could pollenated a branch or 2 on this crop if you want

Odin44

Odin44

It will produce pollen long before your done flowering if you started with reg seeds and went to flip them over then you could pollenated a branch or 2 on this crop if you want
Thanks for the response. I was already doing it the way you recommended but keeping it near a window for light and its already dropping pollen. Once I collect the pollen, what's the best way to store it?

Dino70

Dino70

Thanks for the response. I was already doing it the way you recommended but keeping it near a window for light and its already dropping pollen. Once I collect the pollen, what's the best way to store it?
I dry it out on a plate for few days try to get all the debri out you no and you can mix corn starch with it I went 50/50 and put it in these little vilas and just stored it with my seeds pollen is invisible be careful with it after you touch the plant was your hands and change close before you go in flower room and when you go to use it shut off all fans and just pollenated 1 branch/top that's it and don't need much pollen to make thousands of seeds if you take a little paint brush and 3 -4 dips in the pollen 50/50 mix and touch the white female pistols you will have 100 plus seeds and to tell if your female is caught tape the branch to mark it shut off all fan take off any fan leaves and the bud sites so not in your way after the pollenating is done go wash and change close if you don't you will have seeds everywhere after wait about a hour or so and look at the bud you pollenated the little hairs should be curling op and start changing color 1 male plant can pollenate 20000 after the hour and your happy with what you have done put everything away wash all tools up with water water kills pollen so don't get it wet even sweet dripping can kill it after four hours spray you female plant with water to wash any excessive pollen and really wash her down trunk fans back on 5-6weeks you should see seeds poking out of the bud

Latest posts

Top Bottom