Where to put humidity/temp sensor in tent

• Thread starter Lewish02
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lewish02

Lewish02

Hi, folks, title pretty much says it all. I keep my humidity and temp sensor just my plants. I struggle to get humidity under 55% unless my dehumidifier is on 24/7 I can get it down to 52%. If I move still at canopy height but 18inch away from my plants my humidity is only 48%. Its the same with my temp its lower further away due to the light. Is it OK to have it at canopy height but 18 inch away. Thanks

Madmax

Madmax

I put my humidity inkird sensor on the wall and temp sensor off to the side both at top of canopy height .you can see in this vid..just make sure the fans not blowing hard on the temp sensor..

Madmax

Madmax

I struggle at times also but thats not bad .mines about the same as yours lol.i can get down to 46% at times but most times hoovering around 51% ..long as you have good exhaust and fan moving air constantly you should b good..

Lewish02

Lewish02

I struggle at times also but thats not bad .mines about the same as yours lol.i can get down to 46% at times but most times hoovering around 51% ..long as you have good exhaust and fan moving air constantly you should b good..

I've got an ac infinity t8 and 2 small fans and a large oscillating fan. Sometimes I need to put the exhaust fan up to 5 to get humidity down lol. Good thing it's up the loft as its some racket.

Lewish02

Lewish02

Online forms say its to be 40-45% or you get wpm and budget. See the electricity I've used trying to get it too 45% its unreal. Exhaust fan going like the clappers but then it socks all the heat all so my heaters on all day. I eventually said nah stuff it it can sit over 50% lol. I just keep an eye on them every day and with my wee camera lol.

Lewish02

Lewish02

Nice setup 👌..you have a camera in there....i want one now 🤣

I got this off amazon for £20, it got night vision,zoom and everything. Can use it from anywhere on ur mobile phone if u have data. Al screen shoot it on amazon

Madmax

Madmax

thanks bro..thats awesome..i will have a look later.......i reckon you will only get wpm if you have poor air movement .when my temp is reached the heat is exhausted and gets close to 45% then goes back up to 55% sometimes 60% before temp is reached again.and that with the dehuey going flat stick..some days are real good.the rainy ones she goes up .lights off the exhaust fan is turned right down with dehuey keeping the rh in check....

Lewish02

Lewish02

thanks bro..thats awesome..i will have a look later.......i reckon you will only get wpm if you have poor air movement .when my temp is reached the heat is exhausted and gets close to 45% then goes back up to 55% sometimes 60% before temp is reached again.and that with the dehuey going flat stick..some days are real good.the rainy ones she goes up .lights off the exhaust fan is turned right down with dehuey keeping the rh in check....

I'm basically the same. What a carry on. Cheers mate

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Wpm doesn't come from humidity over 45% its most likely to appear when lights on humidity is low and night time is high... like almost dew point high. It's also more likely in an unhealthy plant or leaves as it provides a vector into the plant. Poor airflow and microclimates are contributing factors and go hand in hand.

With good airflow you reduce and eliminate microclimates that are ideal for wpm. The humidity of the room maybe 45 but with poor airflow around the leafs maybe 100% that's where issues happen... stale humid air.

A healthy plant is pretty resistant and some genetics very much so. Silica help thicken the leaves and that goes a long way to preventing infection. So does pruning older unhealthy leaves and maintains good air flow.

I have flowered in as high as 65% and never had an issue.

As for sensor placement you want the temp sensor at canopy height shaded from the light as IR can affect the readings. Humidity I would say multiple places but again canopy height.... they key to an accurate reading is good air mixture and flow or you will have different readings all over.

XxHammer

XxHammer

I have a couple in my tent. I put one up on the wall, which seems to be the closest to the plant temps.

Then I put one sensor in the actual pot. This one always reads high as it is under the light, it usually reads around 88F even when my media temp is 80F and Leaf Temps are usually around 77-78F

Then I also have one of the IR gun thermometers for taking Leaf Temps. This is the most accurate way and actually put my mind at ease about Temps because I thought I was running too hot the entire time, but came to learn that I was actually running right on point. So I HIGHLY recommend one of the IR gun thermometers to take actual Leaf Temps.

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

Brilliant wee thing. Saves me opening zips on tent just to be nosy
Be careful ir leds on camera can light stress your ladies in the dark. If your able turn that off and use only at lights on. That’s what I do and it works good. I bought a green only spectrum led 3W hung high on a smart switch that night view. But do it minimally

Lewish02

Lewish02

I have a couple in my tent. I put one up on the wall, which seems to be the closest to the plant temps.

Then I put one sensor in the actual pot. This one always reads high as it is under the light, it usually reads around 88F even when my media temp is 80F and Leaf Temps are usually around 77-78F

Then I also have one of the IR gun thermometers for taking Leaf Temps. This is the most accurate way and actually put my mind at ease about Temps because I thought I was running too hot the entire time, but came to learn that I was actually running right on point. So I HIGHLY recommend one of the IR gun thermometers to take actual Leaf Temps.

I've just bought one. Cheers.

Lewish02

Lewish02

Wpm doesn't come from humidity over 45% its most likely to appear when lights on humidity is low and night time is high... like almost dew point high. It's also more likely in an unhealthy plant or leaves as it provides a vector into the plant. Poor airflow and microclimates are contributing factors and go hand in hand.

With good airflow you reduce and eliminate microclimates that are ideal for wpm. The humidity of the room maybe 45 but with poor airflow around the leafs maybe 100% that's where issues happen... stale humid air.

A healthy plant is pretty resistant and some genetics very much so. Silica help thicken the leaves and that goes a long way to preventing infection. So does pruning older unhealthy leaves and maintains good air flow.

I have flowered in as high as 65% and never had an issue.

As for sensor placement you want the temp sensor at canopy height shaded from the light as IR can affect the readings. Humidity I would say multiple places but again canopy height.... they key to an accurate reading is good air mixture and flow or you will have different readings all over.

I need to wait another 2-3 week before I can defoliate the bottom they way too bushy.I take off the odd few every few days but its going good. I take them out and check them every couple days for any white spots n stuff and take dead leaves off.

Lewish02

Lewish02

Be careful ir leds on camera can light stress your ladies in the dark. If your able turn that off and use only at lights on. That’s what I do and it works good. I bought a green only spectrum led 3W hung high on a smart switch that night view. But do it minimally

I'm just growing autos so I think (not 100% sure) that it'll have no effect. Thats what I've seen on online forms. Cheers

Top Bottom