Which awesome movies have you watched recently?

• Thread starter NagaKing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xavier7995

xavier7995

Good movies seem to be few and far between. The new Jurassic Park was great. It is an old movie, but I just watched Roar made in 1981....holy shit, it is awesome. Balls to the wall legit action just tossing dudes into situations with lions. Everyone needs to see this. Melanie Griffith had a wild childhood I am guessing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roar_(1981_film)

Movie made into a show, but really enjoyed Ash vs. the Evil Dead.

edit: have a movie called Nude Nuns With Big Guns, afraid to watch it and have it be so horrible that it ruins a great movie name.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Sicarios- quality film about the cia trying to get to a Mexican cartel boss. Very good.
+1 on that!
Still watching this as I type.I grew up with this album and I have to say this movie/concert/documentary is the best yet.A real treat for some of us old farts.Not on Netflix but all over torrents. :)
Just finished it.It is brilliant,nough said.
I guess I'll have to see that flick. I saw The Wall live in L.A. when I was 15. Absolutely mind-blowing show. I actually didn't like the movie that was done shortly afterwards. Hrm... so the new show and movie are all virtual? No one's really building The Wall as the show progresses, it's a virtual wall? That REALLY changes the whole flavor for me. Back in '79 or '80, whenever it was I saw the original production, they built an actual wall during the show. Then at one point it was accidentally broken through by the giant flying pig. That part wasn't supposed to happen, but it did. They didn't raise the pig high enough, I suppose.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Watched the newest Terminator the other day. I loved it. Great footage from the original flick, good story. I am a sucker for Terminator movies however.

Also watched the new Vacation movie, and thought it had some very funny parts. Overall, good flick.

New Jurasic Park, I love it! One of my favorite movies of all time. I loved the original, and every movie since. When the first movie came out I was in 6-8th grade. I remember trying out for basketball tryout's, and heading to McDonald's for lunch. They had the Jurassic meal, which was a triple QPw/cheese, Extra large fry, and extra large coke. It probably didn't help my basketball tryouts being stuffed with a Jurassic meal, but that was epic.

DismalDude

DismalDude

+1 on that!

I guess I'll have to see that flick. I saw The Wall live in L.A. when I was 15. Absolutely mind-blowing show. I actually didn't like the movie that was done shortly afterwards. Hrm... so the new show and movie are all virtual? No one's really building The Wall as the show progresses, it's a virtual wall? That REALLY changes the whole flavor for me. Back in '79 or '80, whenever it was I saw the original production, they built an actual wall during the show. Then at one point it was accidentally broken through by the giant flying pig. That part wasn't supposed to happen, but it did. They didn't raise the pig high enough, I suppose.
They do build the wall during the concert. :) Pigs there too!I would have loved to see them live.What a memory for you!
Hope you're feeling better Seamaiden. ;)

Calixylon

Calixylon

I tried to list half older movies and half newr films, i watch movies all over the board.

One thing ive noticed is that AdamSandler movies just dont get the publiity they used to, I feel like hes made a bunch of movies recently and none of them were big hits. "Pixels" wasnt to bad, i liked it, corny and cheesy but worth watching if your bored or have some friends over for a session. "Cobbler" I didnt like this film as much as some of the other movies hes made recently, but it is definetly a good film for the family, similar to "Click". "The Ridiculous Six" is a western spoof, havent watched it but its on my list, i think it went straight to DVD i believe, same with the Cobbler, the kids just dont like Sandler as much these days. Kinda sad, dosent feel like our generation has produced a great funny man yet, alot of folks in the backround who write, but no one like Farrley,Sandler, Carrey, we need more funny original comedies!

xavier7995

xavier7995

I tried to list half older movies and half newr films, i watch movies all over the board.

One thing ive noticed is that AdamSandler movies just dont get the publiity they used to, I feel like hes made a bunch of movies recently and none of them were big hits. "Pixels" wasnt to bad, i liked it, corny and cheesy but worth watching if your bored or have some friends over for a session. "Cobbler" I didnt like this film as much as some of the other movies hes made recently, but it is definetly a good film for the family, similar to "Click". "The Ridiculous Six" is a western spoof, havent watched it but its on my list, i think it went straight to DVD i believe, same with the Cobbler, the kids just dont like Sandler as much these days. Kinda sad, dosent feel like our generation has produced a great funny man yet, alot of folks in the backround who write, but no one like Farrley,Sandler, Carrey, we need more funny original comedies!

Will have to check these out, as a douchy early 20's dude i kind of stopped watching adam sandler stuff, 15 years later and I can now recognize that guy is amazing. Bill Murray/Eddie Murphy level of talented.

xavier7995

xavier7995

dalai, your old movie bent is going to make me watch escape from LA again...and maybe rambo. don't want to find out, but curious if keystone cops are that big of dicks.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Neighbors. I can't believe I watched it, but it was actually pretty fuckin' hilarious.

Birdman (or the Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance) I absolutely LOVED.

We've been pretty tied up with our series. Walking Dead is done for this year, but not for the season (can't wait!). The Leftovers ended last week with a hell of a finale. Homeland is still going and going pretty strong. What else? I don't know, I'm drawing a blank. But despite being sick and home-bound for over a month now, I haven't actually watched from beginning to end very many movies during this time. I keep falling asleep, for one thing. D'oh! :p

Calixylon

Calixylon

"In the Heart of the Sea" MobyDick film adaption, I enjoyed it alot, i think that the film showed how brutal the lives of the whalers were, and how brutally they hunted the whales to extinction, within a rather short period of time. Thank god whale oil stopped being used, but Moby D fucks shit up, id watch it again.

I also realy wanna see the movie "Krampus" looks funny, and i like the guy from the show Parks and rec, looks like a good holiday flick

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh! I'm listening to Lady Gaga sing Imagine and I remembered that I've been watching her on American Horror Story: Hotel. A seriously boundary-pushing season. Like, seriously. Pushing boundaries.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Neighbors. I can't believe I watched it, but it was actually pretty fuckin' hilarious.

Birdman (or the Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance) I absolutely LOVED.

We've been pretty tied up with our series. Walking Dead is done for this year, but not for the season (can't wait!). The Leftovers ended last week with a hell of a finale. Homeland is still going and going pretty strong. What else? I don't know, I'm drawing a blank. But despite being sick and home-bound for over a month now, I haven't actually watched from beginning to end very many movies during this time. I keep falling asleep, for one thing. D'oh! :p
Yes indeed we watch Homeland here and love it. Really pissed me off off that NBC stopped producing "American Odyssey" It most certainly met with some resistance as it didnt really portray our foreign affairs policies in a very good light but the show was awesome. Sort of flew in the face of our culture of American Exceptionalism.

Oh @Seamaiden you bring back memories with the flying pig of PF. I saw their In the Flesh/ Animals tour in May of 77 when a huge pig with glowing red laser beam eyes came flying out over the coliseum. Talk about blowing an already blown mind. Might have been that mysterious sugar cube I bought before the show. :cool:

Latest posts

Top Bottom