• Start date
  • Tagged users None
jaypru369

jaypru369

Screen Shot 2020 10 19 at 90850 PM

8 ft ceiling

jaypru369

jaypru369

Need to change this... no way to reach 10ft to the plants. Can I suggest 2 4x8 tables? Instead of 10x10. It is less grow space but much more functional.

How much are your goals for yield?
what do you mean no way to reach 10ft to the plants? Im open for 2 4x8 tables.

Honestly looking for big yields, not expecting the world.

R

redshift75

Ok whats the room height?

You will need 3000w of LED if kingbrite i recommend the 240w kits so about 12 of them
I would say minimum for quality is 12.

Id say Honestly id go like 15 im running 6 in 4x8 and i think thats the primo mark for not having to run them full blast. I tried 8 but they stretched going too low. so 6 maybe 7 is the sweet spot i found. for wattage/coverage/penetration. So 6 per 4x8 id personally go a few more for coverage so you can turn em down. But since he is talking about 2 years worth of use. 12 fully cranked isnt a bad idea. Biggest thing to consider is will his breaker support 12 of them + everything else on full draw? Mine did not.

Im also only running mine at roughly 100w per panel. which is about 60%-65% on the dial. vs the full wattage. was the sweet spot for highest par with lowest draw. I forget what the samsung diodes efficiency range is. I played around for a while with the apogee and the volt meter til i got them all nice and sweet!

jaypru369

jaypru369

I would say minimum for quality is 12.

Id say Honestly id go like 15 im running 6 in 4x8 and i think thats the primo mark for not having to run them full blast. I tried 8 but they stretched going too low. so 6 maybe 7 is the sweet spot i found. for wattage/coverage/penetration. So 6 per 4x8 id personally go a few more for coverage so you can turn em down. But since he is talking about 2 years worth of use. 12 fully cranked isnt a bad idea. Biggest thing to consider is will his breaker support 12 of them? Mine did not.

Im also only running mine at roughly 100w per panel. which is about 60%-65% on the dial. vs the full wattage.
i was thinking 12 two already and supplementing with UV from HTG supply.

how do i figure out if breaker will support 12 i was also wondering this before? can i just split them up throughout different outlets in the place and extra timers?

R

redshift75

i was thinking 12 two already and supplementing with UV from HTG supply.

how do i figure out if breaker will support 12 i was also wondering this before? can i just split them up throughout different outlets in the place and extra timers?
Yes. Really depends how a house is wired. I dont ever want to draw max. That is always your best option. I ended up running new outlets and wire and conduit to each tent on a new breaker box that i tapped into the main breaker box. Which you should not do if you do not know how. Cause you can kill yourself. So best option will be good cords rated for i believe 1875Watts or w.e draw. Sometimes running cords isnt an option. If it is an option you are good to go. You honestly wont know til it flips your breaker. Cause again your room could be connected to your bathroom or this or that room. Which will be based all on the draw.

R

redshift75

you should only need 2 breakers for that setup FYI and be good to go if not turned down on 1 could be fine if its on its own. But 2 will be safest most likely.

jaypru369

jaypru369

Yes. Really depends how a house is wired. I dont ever want to draw max. That is always your best option. I ended up running new outlets and wire and conduit to each tent on a new breaker box that i tapped into the main breaker box. Which you should not do if you do not know how. Cause you can kill yourself. So best option will be good cords rated for i believe 1875Watts or w.e draw. Sometimes running cords isnt an option. If it is an option you are good to go. You honestly wont know til it flips your breaker. Cause again your room could be connected to your bathroom or this or that room. Which will be based all on the draw.
i can run cords all over this b**ch, and i assume the living room and kitchen will be on different breakers. i can look at my box now and see if it says. theres like four outlets outside the room that are all close. the furthest outlet is probably only 20 ft away too.

ClickPimpsta

ClickPimpsta

For me it's been hydro until I switched to aero. Hydro requires that you keep your reservoir filled to the bottom of your roots or your root medium.

I switched to aero, so I can use about 10 to 15 gallons of nutrient solution... just to keep the level above 1" to 3" above the top of the pump.

No disses, but with hydro I got good results. However, I had to keep 30-45 gallons of nutrients balanced to ph 5.5 - 6.8.

With aero I have to keep about 15-20 gallons to the same ph levels... it just seemed more effective to me. Of course, your system will have to be built and monitored differently, but #HMU if you need some more info.

Based on my experience, and I mean no diss from this, but #HumboldtNutrients lowered the PH of my solution to 5.5ph or lower... and it killed some of my plants, so a #bigouch. However, even with tap water at a #PH7 or more, even, my plants do great with #GeneralHydoponics' mix of nutrients of #FloraMicroHardWater, #FloraGro, #FloraBloom.

R

redshift75

1440w per 15amp break max. Thats everything on that whole circuit. Fans dehumidifier heater etc.
yeah this right here. So to add on to this point right here so its not confusing... When i said 1875w i meant the rating for extension cords. I think its like 8GA. Just to correct myself. I usually go for the higher rating ones. not that i ever plan to run that. I think that just how they rate the good cords and surge protectors?

When i was ripping open all the surge protectors and cables it stood out to me. Not sure of the exact number cause i was stoned. So definitely dont confuse me being stoned and talking about cables for the actual draw from a breaker as aquaman pointed out ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom