Which is the best ?

• Thread starter dopeeyes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dopeeyes

I was looking 2 invest in a grow tent and was just wondering which is the better make the budbox or the homebox

S

Skunkenstein

Buy the one thats not made in China!!! I was one of the people that experienced the Gassing-Off Nightmare!! From what i've researched the Homebox looks like the only one w/o those issues.Just make sure you've got good airflow coming in down low i.e.sqirrel cage fan.And you're Carbon-scrubber mounted uptop to pull out the hot stinky air!! You will also need a smaller supplemental fan placed [BLOWING] between the plant tops and the lights to ensure adequate air circulation.I was running my Extraction air through the cool-tube light set-up and out...Otherwise you're looking at some extreme Heat build-up.During veg. I was using a regular 400w Metal halide reflector without heat issues, once I bumped up to 600w Hps, cool-tube was a necessity. Good luck

R

rocky

If you're a hands on guy id go to home depot, or something similar and build your own. But thats just me, cuz think about it, theres not really that much to em.

B

Blaner123Doobie

I her a lot of people are having success with a grow tent called Secret Jardin, just make sure you get the better grade one, not the Street edition, hope that helps :-)

D

dopeeyes

Cheers chaps ive been hearin good reports but the homebox probably gona go with it.R the extor fans hard on the electric bill

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
If your going for a 1.2 x 1.2 or 1.2 x 2.4 tent go for the Secret Jardin. I have just spent this week building quite a few and they go up in minutes. And they are so well contructed with tons of outlet / inley holes to fit as much vent as you could need.

The other sizes are good also, I have a DR 60 / 80 / 2 x 100 / 4 x 120 and 1 x 240w. I have access to many tents as I work in a hydro store and the dark rooms are by far the best seller and my person choice.

We have had loads of budboxs and homeboxes returned for por quality build.

S

Skunkenstein

Devil in the Details..

Most all fans and blowers have NO speed control.Soon as you plug them in they are going full-speed..and yes they can increase electrical usage.I use ''the Speedster'' motor speed controller.They sell for 30 dollars locally.The nice feature...they are 'plug and play''. No wiring to deal with. www.controlwizardproducts.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I run the Homebox for veg and love it and have the Secret Jardin DR80 for seed starts and cloning and just ordered another DR80 and love them so I think either will make ya very happy.:rock:dance

S

Stackin Paper

if secret jardin made a 1.4m2 i'd get 1 man, i have the fake tents, they have done me proud though for the last 2 years but they only have 1 outlet/inlet.

K

kid606

no probs with homebox here..just love it..tents are great..me and buddies never had quality issues..

U

ukcheesehead

Id go with secret jardin me and my mate setup a darkroom 120 this weekend, very well constructed..

are they 100% light tight ? ie zips ? i have a budbox (real) and it lets a little bit of light out . i remember the 1st budbox i got off ebay omg light leak wasnt the word lol . sent it back took 4 weeks to get my £££ back from them .

D

dopeeyes

Just bought a 1mx1mx2m homebox 2day with a 100mm extor van and filter.Would it b a good idea 2 buy an enviroment controler ? Can i wire everthing up 2 it for example extor van and a heater

Top Bottom