Which Light Spectrum Is The Best?

• Thread starter LincolnEvans1979
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LincolnEvans1979

LincolnEvans1979

Hey everyone, I'm aware of the basics, i know the cannabis plants mostly use red and blue lights, but I also know that true full spectrum is an advance. Even though red and blue do the dirty work, green white and orange have a part in it too.

So my question is, are white/green/orange VERY needed? Are red and blue enough?
Which one of the following light spectrums are the best for the cannabis plants?

Thanks everyone, have a nice day!

Which light spectrum is the best
Homesteader

Homesteader

Personally I like using white and overlapping it with a % of color (in my case 660 nm). Control the amount of red to blue in the white by selecting the correct color temperature for what you want.

growsince79

growsince79

Full spectrum is nothing new. 45 years ago we knew combination of cool and warm white florescent tubes worked better than the blurple growlux tubes.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Low 2k Kelvin. I see LEDs have seemed to take over, but to get thoes monster yields, nothing beats HPS. Clone under Daylight, even veg for a week, or 2 with a MH, but when it's time to flower, HPS
The LED propaganda machine started 2015, or so, and it looks like it worked.

growsince79

growsince79

I recently started using hlg. The 100w 3000k makes every bit as much quality and quantity as my 150w hps in the same space (2*2). I also have a 100w rspec I'm using for the first time. And I have the 100w 4000k using first 2 weeks of flower.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Low 2k Kelvin. I see LEDs have seemed to take over, but to get thoes monster yields, nothing beats HPS. Clone under Daylight, even veg for a week, or 2 with a MH, but when it's time to flower, HPS
The LED propaganda machine started 2015, or so, and it looks like it worked.

I joined the Farm back round 2011, I was active on here from 2012-2014. I remember alot of LED threads were started by "new" accounts. Looks like they're at it again. 🤦‍♂️

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I joined the Farm back round 2011, I was active on here from 2012-2014. I remember alot of LED threads were started by "new" accounts. Looks like they're at it again. 🤦‍♂️
Cool. I still remember some if the old crew. I'm pretty sure I remember your handle?, but not 100%. I'm glad I'm not alone, if that makes any sense?

Top Bottom