Which Light?

• Thread starter MasterDsKush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MasterDsKush

MasterDsKush

hey farmers I’m closing in on my purchase but someone was telling me i made the wrong decision on the light.
I want to get the HLG 550 v2 but i was told that that it was not good for my 4x4x8 space. He said i should get the Gavita Pro 6/750 de flex but i really wanna get the HLG i feel like it’s fine thought i would get a couple more people to back me up or steer me away maybe even from both i really wanna get grow started before 4/20
HLG 550 v2
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071WD7Q3M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_7roPCbJ2W2S1R

Gavita Pro 6/750
https://growershouse.com/gavita-pro-600-750e-flex-de-120-240v-fixture

Dan789

Dan789

You’ve got a big decision these two lights are worlds apart, what is your experience and expectation?

MasterDsKush

MasterDsKush

You’ve got a big decision these two lights are worlds apart, what is your experience and expectation?
I grew indoors tell flower and when it turned flower i had to say goodbye to them long story but I’ve been growing outside for 2 years and i learned a lot of different dificeientcies and all the different bugs but I’m really inexperienced with the whole lights and fans

MasterDsKush

MasterDsKush

For expectation i want them to be as frosty as i can get them yield doesn’t really matter

Dan789

Dan789

For expectation i want them to be as frosty as i can get them yield doesn’t really matter
I' ve got two cob array's, one a 12 cob 600 watt kit, the other a 4 cob 200 watt kit, both 3500K. I'm happy moving from LED's (bluples), no experience with the Gravita...

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

hey farmers I’m closing in on my purchase but someone was telling me i made the wrong decision on the light.
I want to get the HLG 550 v2 but i was told that that it was not good for my 4x4x8 space. He said i should get the Gavita Pro 6/750 de flex but i really wanna get the HLG i feel like it’s fine thought i would get a couple more people to back me up or steer me away maybe even from both i really wanna get grow started before 4/20
HLG 550 v2

Gavita Pro 6/750
I have hlg quantum boards and a gavita 6/750 flex de. Both great lights. Honestly, you can't go wrong with either, but I would suggest looking into the hlg 600. Its more powerful than the 550 and it costs less.

deke22

deke22

HLG 550 v2

Gavita Pro 6/750

howdy bro,,,,it looks like youre lookin at an led set,,,an a hid set o lights,,,the led,s bein damn expensive,,,,am sure you could get a cheaper led loight bro,,,however,,,i,ve just made the switch from hid lights ti led,,,infact,,,this is ma first led grow,,,and ma diaries called,,,master kush,,,,an i,ll be doing a wee comparrison o ma new led,s ti hid,s,,,,which i used fur years,,,if ye wabnmna hang off for noo,,,ye can follow ma diary,,,an i,ll be lettin everyone know wit i think aboot led,s v,s hid,s. i used ti use mh bliue for veg,,,and hps red for flowering,,,,never bothered wi dual spec bulbs,,,,,ma led setup is a 2000w vander life light,,it also has uv and ir led,s swell,,,they help wi the plants health,,,and help cell division,,so the plant should grow quicker,,,,if yer asking about area size aswell,,,look at the footprint the light gives off,,,i see one was 8ft by 8 ft,,,so thats a big footprint bro,,,,ma 2000w light has a 5ft x 5ft footprint,,,so is perfect fur ma 1.2 x 1.2 x 2m tent,,,and as far as i can see,,,the plants are lovin the led light,,,but,,,i also have side led,s,,,,as led lights do not have the penetration that hid,s do,,,so the lower branches don,t get as much from led,s than hid,s,,,hence the reason o got wee side lighting.

theres a lot o factors ti think aboot wen lookin at lights,,,,yer size o tent matters,,,,,,as the amount o light reachin yer plants will determin yer yeild aswell,,,lumens = bud,,,thats a rule,,,,as a ruke o thgumb,,,i try an gie each plant at least 100w,,,,,so when i was usin hid,s,,,if i was doin 4 plants,,,the minimum light i,d use would be a 400w hid bulb,,,no sure aboot led,s,,,thats why am doin this comparison m8.

tis upt ti you,,,nd how ye grow tho,,,,,,if ye need the heat,,,then hid,s are good,,,,if ye don,t need the heat,,,go fur led,s,,,,,,,,but led,s are light specific,,,meaning the reason they don,t produce anywhere near the heat hps bulbs do is because the wee led,s are tailored to a planys need,,,no white light like tht which comes from hid bulbs,,,hence the reason theyre supposed ti make the plants grow faster,,,and healtheir,,,,,well,,,,thats wot i found wen i was reaserching led,s,,,but i,ll find oot this grow.

ultimatly,,,,it,s youre call tho bro,,,depending on wot youneed,,,only you know that man,,,idf ye go onto you tube,,,type in the lights youre lookin at,,,an see if theres a review on em on you tube,,,thats wot i did wi mine,,,infact,,,i use the you tube reviews fur a lot o things,,theyre pretty damngid,,i can assure ye o that m8....

hope ye get sorted right bro,,,,peaceman ;-}_,

P

Pass2TheLeft

I was a gravita man for years and loved them.i made the switch to led and cobs about 2 years ago was for me the smartest thing ive ever done.
Ive tested 2 lights both are yielding same results with the same strain but are far better quality than gravitas and much higher yields for way less heat and power i would highly recommend these lights i went from just over 1 pound per light to 2 pound plus per light its all smiles

Screenshot 20190405 100801 Chrome
Screenshot 20190405 100708 Chrome
deke22

deke22

thats the wee 2000w led light i went for,,now,,,i know i dosn,t put oot 2000w o light,,,,but,,,it puts oot aboot 1000 odd anyhoo,,,which is fine by me fur the price o it,,an one o the reasons i got this un is,,it is made in china,,,it,s a chineese make,,,but you look at most lights,,theyre aw bloody made in china,,,lol,,,everything is theae days,,,but they used this light in a teast,,,,heres a wee bit av copied an pasted,

The Scientific Research Of LED Grow Lights :
We have been in LED Grow Light industry for more than four years, and we endavor to find out the best lighting solution for plant's growth. In 2011, we cooperated with with Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences in "Plant Factory" program, this program is aming to invent a "factory" which can hopely solving the commissariats shortage probelm around the world. The Plant Factory brings the indoor farming and vertical farming technique to a revolutionary level, its main idea is to cultivate plants verticaly in many independent units of skyscrapers so as to conserve the land resources to the fullest extent and achieve maximal yield. The program is making progress and helping many growers in their schemes.
After the long term research and many plants growing experiments, we find out the different light wave lengthes or spectrum contribute to plant's growth respectively

seems like theyve been scientifically tested,,and have performed well,,,so thats why i went for this light,,very cheap aswell,,,,if ye click on the ebay linkj,,,ye,ll get aw the info on it,,but so far,,,am liking it,,an will probably just upgrade ti better led,s,,,,so it looks like am a convert,,,,,an will champion led,s fi noo on,,,,anyone wanna but an omega digital ballast wi soft start,,,250,,400,,an 600w settings,,,,lol,,,am kiddin,,,i,m keeping aw ma grow gear,,,ye never know,,,over the years,,,i,ve enough gear ti do 2 full grows if i wanted too,,,an got spare everything,,,took a while ti collect,,,but am there noo,,,,well,,,,thats me done ramblin on,,,lol,,,i hope someone finds summit usefull in there,,,,,peace ;-}_,

MasterDsKush

MasterDsKush

I was a gravita man for years and loved them.i made the switch to led and cobs about 2 years ago was for me the smartest thing ive ever done.
Ive tested 2 lights both are yielding same results with the same strain but are far better quality than gravitas and much higher yields for way less heat and power i would highly recommend these lights i went from just over 1 pound per light to 2 pound plus per light its all smiles
You guys would go with this over the HLG 550 or 600?

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

thats the wee 2000w led light i went for,,now,,,i know i dosn,t put oot 2000w o light,,,,but,,,it puts oot aboot 1000 odd anyhoo,,,which is fine by me fur the price o it,,an one o the reasons i got this un is,,it is made in china,,,it,s a chineese make,,,but you look at most lights,,theyre aw bloody made in china,,,lol,,,everything is theae days,,,but they used this light in a teast,,,,heres a wee bit av copied an pasted,

The Scientific Research Of LED Grow Lights :
We have been in LED Grow Light industry for more than four years, and we endavor to find out the best lighting solution for plant's growth. In 2011, we cooperated with with Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences in "Plant Factory" program, this program is aming to invent a "factory" which can hopely solving the commissariats shortage probelm around the world. The Plant Factory brings the indoor farming and vertical farming technique to a revolutionary level, its main idea is to cultivate plants verticaly in many independent units of skyscrapers so as to conserve the land resources to the fullest extent and achieve maximal yield. The program is making progress and helping many growers in their schemes.
After the long term research and many plants growing experiments, we find out the different light wave lengthes or spectrum contribute to plant's growth respectively

seems like theyve been scientifically tested,,and have performed well,,,so thats why i went for this light,,very cheap aswell,,,,if ye click on the ebay linkj,,,ye,ll get aw the info on it,,but so far,,,am liking it,,an will probably just upgrade ti better led,s,,,,so it looks like am a convert,,,,,an will champion led,s fi noo on,,,,anyone wanna but an omega digital ballast wi soft start,,,250,,400,,an 600w settings,,,,lol,,,am kiddin,,,i,m keeping aw ma grow gear,,,ye never know,,,over the years,,,i,ve enough gear ti do 2 full grows if i wanted too,,,an got spare everything,,,took a while ti collect,,,but am there noo,,,,well,,,,thats me done ramblin on,,,lol,,,i hope someone finds summit usefull in there,,,,,peace ;-}_,
Just a heads up, that light is only around 220-260 actual watts
Screenshot 20190404 195109 Chrome

deke22

deke22

if thats the case,,,ill see how this grow goes,,,and get another,,,500w is good enough fur a 1.2m tent,,,,an i reckon,,am hopin the light spectrum will do the job,,,,i,ll see,,,i have got side lighting aswell,,so in flower,,,thats gunna rise,,,as i have 4 lights on each side ti put on during flowering,,,i,ll know after this grow,,,but,,,if need be,,,at that price,,,adding another shouldn,t be a problem,,,but thnx for that,,,an how did ye work that oot bro????

deke22

deke22

if ye looked at you tube,,,i seen someone test the 1000 vander,,,it kicked oot aboot 230-250w,,,,so if i double that,,,hopefully the 2000 is putting oot over 400w,,which is cool,,wi ma side lights,,,that,ll be just over 600w in all,,,so i,ll be happy wi that,,,,and i,ll upgrade if i like the led,s results,,,,,i,ve always got ma hid,s anyhoo,,,just incase

MasterDsKush

MasterDsKush

How many of these should i put in a 4x4x8 tent?

MasterDsKush

MasterDsKush

I can’t find this light anywhere

Top Bottom