Which Light?

• Thread starter MasterDsKush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MasterDsKush

MasterDsKush

im tryna grow the most thc i can get in the buds i dont really care about weight

MasterDsKush

MasterDsKush

i figured out what i want i want a light thats gonna cost lowest but still be really powerful to get frost dense organic nugs

MasterDsKush

MasterDsKush

I was a gravita man for years and loved them.i made the switch to led and cobs about 2 years ago was for me the smartest thing ive ever done.
Ive tested 2 lights both are yielding same results with the same strain but are far better quality than gravitas and much higher yields for way less heat and power i would highly recommend these lights i went from just over 1 pound per light to 2 pound plus per light its all smiles
i went with the hlg 550 v2 hopefully its a good choice

Bubba kush

Bubba kush

Fluence Spydrx Plus and the new Spydr 2 Rock!!! A bit pricey but worth it IMHO

Baudelaire

Baudelaire

Two SolSheet X's on a Mean Well HLG-480H driver: 600 true watts of premium Samsung LED with average PAR of 800+ across a 4x4 ft canopy at 18". Fluence intensity and spread at Alibaba prices from a US distributor:

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

My opinion good light suggestions all around. In a tent i would go LED for heat reasons. I run the HLG 600 its cheaper than the 550 and more PPFD. I got mine here: https://growerslights.com/collectio...h-quantum-board-led-kit?variant=8194696151141 I found it was the cheapest. Also it may take a while to get as HLG's are in high demand. The difference between the 550 and 600 are the certifications and that's why the 550 costs more. the 600 will do a 5x5 no prob and kills a 4x4 and it is dimmable so you can use it seed/clone to harvest.

I would go with the 3000k over the 4000k but you can also buy the qb288's seperate and swap them out using all the same drivers just change the boards in the future if you like 4000k for veg 3000k for flower. The 600 puts out 1450 PPFD and does it very efficiently with a price point under $700.

Just my opinion since you are in a tent heat will be an issue @OldManRiver and @SoLowDolo made a good point about using different HLG fixtures to provide better light spread
Two SolSheet X's on a Mean Well HLG-480H driver: 600 true watts of premium Samsung LED with average PAR of 800+ across a 4x4 ft canopy at 18". Fluence intensity and spread at Alibaba prices from a US distributor:
How do you get 600 watts out of a 480 watt driver?

Last edited:
Baudelaire

Baudelaire

Mean Well is quite conservative in rating its drivers. They can typically be overdriven by about 15-20%. I've tested the HLG-480H-24As at 620 watts at the wall.

Dan789

Dan789

Mean Well is quite conservative in rating its drivers. They can typically be overdriven by about 15-20%. I've tested the HLG-480H-24As at 620 watts at the wall.
The only thing I see on over driving is you may pass up the sweet spot and produce more heat per unit of derived gain in lighting intensity... My cree cobs driven at 50 watt each don't overwhelm the heat inside the tent. I didn't necessarily want to drive them at 75 watts each, then to have to run the A/C to keep the tent and growing room at or below the desired temperature...

Baudelaire

Baudelaire

Don't confuse overdriving your driver with overdriving your LEDs. Two different things entirely. Drivers are their most efficient running at 100%. Or, with Mean Well, 120%. The basic rule of efficiency in LED lighting is, run your drivers hard and your LEDs soft.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Actually if I had to do it over again I would have went 4000k for flowering on my hlg quantum boards. I’m using a mixed spectrum 3000k & 5000k with far red leds and it’s phenomenal. My last run was the best yet. Imo 3500k-4000k is the sweet spot.

Phylex

Phylex

Actually if I had to do it over again I would have went 4000k for flowering on my hlg quantum boards. I’m using a mixed spectrum 3000k & 5000k with far red leds and it’s phenomenal. My last run was the best yet. Imo 3500k-4000k is the sweet spot.

I'm rocking the 3000k HLG600 with far red and solacure UVB. So far so good

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm rocking the 3000k HLG600 with far red and solacure UVB. So far so good

Yeah I’m not saying it’s bad I just think a little bluer spectrum is a little better indoors. You’ll do just fine with 3000k though. I just said if I had to do it over again I might go with 4000k vs 3000k. Or I would use both and mix and match them together to get a 3500k combined spectrum average.

Phylex

Phylex

Yeah I’m not saying it’s bad I just think a little bluer spectrum is a little better indoors. You’ll do just fine with 3000k though. I just said if I had to do it over again I might go with 4000k vs 3000k. Or I would use both and mix and match them together to get a 3500k combined spectrum average.

I never took what you said negatively. I was just sharing what I'm using. I actually can't tell a difference right now between my current set up and using the 1000w HPS. So I'm very happy with that. But I believe you and what your saying about spectrum.

MasterDsKush

MasterDsKush

So i got the HLG 550 v2 and running it just as i got you think i should do that straight through my leaves on the bottom are just turning yellow and drying out i think it’s bc I’m watering w lights on and getting it on the leaves? Sorry you light God’s I’m just an out door grower lmao

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

So i got the HLG 550 v2 and running it just as i got you think i should do that straight through my leaves on the bottom are just turning yellow and drying out i think it’s bc I’m watering w lights on and getting it on the leaves? Sorry you light God’s I’m just an out door grower lmao
May have them a little close. How high are they above the plants?

Phylex

Phylex

Like @OldManRiver suggested, I'd guess your lights are too close. I don't run them at 100% power either. I have them dimmed down. I'm not sure what your budget is, but if you can afford it, I'd strongly suggest purchasing a PAR meter to take the guess work out of it. I always water with lights on. Unless your talking about foliar feeding. I don't do that, nor would I with lights on.

Top Bottom