Which machine to use for freeze drying?

• Thread starter giedi_primes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
giedi_primes

giedi_primes

I plan to invest in a machine for freeze drying buds and thinking about getting a Harvest Right machine. Has anyone experience with that? I recently found another one, its cheaper and from europe http://en.wave.cc/fd260c and the product looks the same quality than Harvest Right. Has anyone heard of that?
Thanks for your help

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I use the Harvest Right. Works good. turns buds into something akin to styrofoam with zero water. For me, this is useful while doing extractions or testing. Leaves all the terps and cannabinoids and only removes water.

IMG 2661

Pharmaceutical middle size.

Edit: I looked at your link, the sales is strooong with that company. I don't see a reason to freeze dry buds destined for smoking. I still dry and cure like normal for that. The whole "cure in 24 hours" thing is pretty much BS. Does nothing to break down chlorophyll or starches in the plant and smokes pretty harsh. If you are just gonna cure like normal to get the right smoke, why freeze dry in the first place, you have to add some water back in to properly cure...

Last edited:
novazeus

novazeus

I use the Harvest Right. Works good. turns buds into something akin to styrofoam with zero water. For me, this is useful while doing extractions or testing. Leaves all the terps and cannabinoids and only removes water.

View attachment 1115982

Pharmaceutical middle size.

Edit: I looked at your link, the sales is strooong with that company. I don't see a reason to freeze dry buds destined for smoking. I still dry and cure like normal for that. The whole "cure in 24 hours" thing is pretty much BS. Does nothing to break down chlorophyll or starches in the plant and smokes pretty harsh. If you are just gonna cure like normal to get the right smoke, why freeze dry in the first place, you have to add some water back in to properly cure...
i ordered the same one last night. i'm planning on freeze drying and then dry sifting. i only do oral extractions.

Top Bottom