Which of these SOG setups would work better for my space?

• Thread starter chuey316
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chuey316

chuey316

Hey everyone. I'm looking to start a 12/12 from clone perpetual single cola sea of green after my next run, but I'm trying to get it all planed out. I have a space for 2-4 mothers, a space to root clones, and a 3x3x6 tent for flowering the clones. Clones will be flowered in 2 27gal totes, under 400w hps, in a rdwc setup. I have a few different ideas, but don't know if any of them would be good, bad, or pretty much the same. Harvest intervals don't matter too much me, but I would like to go with whichever one would give me the best overall yield per year. My main concern is that I don't have things too congested. Right now I avg 11oz from 2 photos in a 2.5 x 4.5ft space under the same light, in 3-1/2 to 4 months.

My 1st idea was be to just run 30 clones, and harvest every 2-2.5 months. If this spacing is ok, then I could add cups to the empty spots. That would give me room for up to 70 clones total, but that seems to me like it would not give them any space to grow.
2 month.jpg

Or shoot for a 16/14 harvest each month, where the 2 different color spots would be 1 month apart in flower. Again I'm be happy to add more sites, if the spacing is not an issue.
1 month.jpg

Had one other idea, but I didn't use my incredible Paint skills for it.😄 I was thinking about starting 10 clones using the outer row of each tote, then another 10 in the middle rows of each tote, and then another 10 in the inner rows where the totes meet, harvesting 10 plants every 3 or so weeks. Same as above, space permitting I would add more sites, and probably harvest 18 at a time, with 54 total.

I'm a little lost on how to go about this. I've only grown 2 plants front clones, and it was using lst in one of these same totes to fill my previous space.

chuey316

chuey316

Another thing I was worried about was nutes with different aged clones in the same totes. I could pack the area full of soil containers, but I just find hydro easier to grow, I'm always over or under watering with soil.

visajoe1

visajoe1

I was thinking about starting 10 clones using the outer row of each tote, then another 10 in the middle rows of each tote, and then another 10 in the inner rows where the totes meet, harvesting 10 plants every 3 or so weeks. Same as above, space permitting I would add more sites, and probably harvest 18 at a time, with 54 total.

This is the true Sea of Green method. I think you go this route, it would give you a chance to ramp up instead of 100% all at once. Might allow you to acclimate a bit, since you said you only ran 2 plants before.

Most critical point I dont see mentioned other than 2-4 mothers, is strains? From what I've read and seen others do, single strain Sea of Green allows for best chances of success. Chasing different feeding levels for dozens of plants would be a nightmare. Happy growing!

chuey316

chuey316

Thank you. I have a few strains to choose from, and will be running 1 strain at a time. I have:

Afghan Kush
BubbleGum
Blueberry
Blue Dream
GG4
Northern Lights

Out of those, I think my best candidates for sog will be the Afghan, Blue Dream BubbleGum, and Northern Lights.

I've been thinking about the nute issue, and the fact that all the clones, from the fresh transplants, to the finishing clones, would have the same solution. Would I be better off using the 3x3 tent for my two mothers since I already have a 3 bucket, 2 site rdwc setup in there, and use my old 2.5 x 4.5 cab for the clones?

I figure I can run 8 5gal buckets in there with 5 clones in each with 2" netcups in a straight dwc. Then I could harvest 2 buckets every 2 or so weeks, and each buckets nutes could be different for each ones growth stage. Plus I'd be able to harvest an extra 10 clones per month.

Latest posts

Top Bottom