Which online grow shop do you prefer?

• Thread starter ask420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LEBDOG

Ultra Low Hydro (Ultra Slow Hydro)

Anyone try ultralohydro.com? Been wondering about plantmax bulbs and they have them for cheap.

I ordered 2 quantum digital ballasts from UltraLowHydro on a Monday night. Tuesday, I didn't get any confirmation of any kind. Wednesday I called for a confirmation where I was told my card had been charged and the product would ship out and that I should have it by Friday. Unfortunately, I didn't get the UPS tracking number so I sent an email and was told, "I left the shipping information for my girl, but she didn't get the package out yesterday. She will get it out today". I got the UPS tracking information Thursday afternoon, meaning she/ULH sent it out Thursday.

I really needed my ballast on schedule, but that didn't happen. The price was right and with that couldn't complain. I got two 600W ballast(s) for $190 each and they arrived Monday afternoon. I really was excited to work on the grow room over the weekend and had to stay up almost all night finishing my setup Monday transferring my plants... Lastly, ULH didn't mention that I would need a HydroFarm adaptor to plug in my lights to the ballast (maybe I should have know this). So, again I couldn't fire up the lights until Tuesday due to no fault of ULH, but they get my frustration 'cause they dropped the ball.

My 2 cents, ULH has the pricing so, what can you do. I cam up with a nickname for them during this transaction, "Ultra Slow Hydro".

I am available for reconciliation as well, ULH. I could use a bottle of Bud Blood and would praise your name should I find myself in possession of this...

S

Skunky

Yep Prowgrow are great, 10% off atmo on their secret jardins aswell. SkUnKy

Caress of Steel

Caress of Steel

I ordered 2 quantum digital ballasts from UltraLowHydro on a Monday night. Tuesday, I didn't get any confirmation of any kind. Wednesday I called for a confirmation where I was told my card had been charged and the product would ship out and that I should have it by Friday. Unfortunately, I didn't get the UPS tracking number so I sent an email and was told, "I left the shipping information for my girl, but she didn't get the package out yesterday. She will get it out today". I got the UPS tracking information Thursday afternoon, meaning she/ULH sent it out Thursday.

I really needed my ballast on schedule, but that didn't happen. The price was right and with that couldn't complain. I got two 600W ballast(s) for $190 each and they arrived Monday afternoon. I really was excited to work on the grow room over the weekend and had to stay up almost all night finishing my setup Monday transferring my plants... Lastly, ULH didn't mention that I would need a HydroFarm adaptor to plug in my lights to the ballast (maybe I should have know this). So, again I couldn't fire up the lights until Tuesday due to no fault of ULH, but they get my frustration 'cause they dropped the ball.

My 2 cents, ULH has the pricing so, what can you do. I cam up with a nickname for them during this transaction, "Ultra Slow Hydro".

I am available for reconciliation as well, ULH. I could use a bottle of Bud Blood and would praise your name should I find myself in possession of this...
So, allow extra time for shipping. For the prices, I can live with the extra wait.

7rayos

For those of you in Spain, i'll pass on a link from a spanish forum in which people values spanish grow shops online with a note of 1-5 in the different subjects, that being
-time taken to answer
-prices
-special offers availability
-freebies
-time taken for deliver
-fixing claims and complaints
-product availability
-behavior towards customers
-easiness of surfing web page
-any special things that made them stand out
Many of those are a bit overrated, it just means that whoever used it was very happy, but that's not too exigent giving a 5/5 to any average normal service. In spanish, of course.
http://www.cannabiscultura.com/f1/showthread.php?p=69261#post69261

L

LEBDOG

Without too much contact information online I was a little leery of ULH, but after calling to follow up on things I was put right at rest. After receiving my package, I hope others reading this post will rest knowing they are quite legitimate.

My time rant was 'cause my schedule got interrupted, but overall very satisfied with pricing!

A

ask420

I like BGH because of their online price match. Anyone know of any others with an online price match?

A

ask420

I really needed my ballast on schedule, but that didn't happen.....

Perhaps you could try BGH using their price match system and see if the shipping works out better for you bro......that is if they have the same item you were looking to buy.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
I like BGH because of their online price match. Anyone know of any others with an online price match?

I did some shopping this past week online and found that my grow shop (Worm'sWay) wanted $11 more for the exact same product as BGHydro did. I ordered from BGH, hope it was the right decision.

jj

C

CoughingMan

I found this site last night, not sure how their service is but all the reviews i found online were positive, their prices seem fantastic and they have coupon codes until summer ends...

HydroWarehouse

Coupon Codes:

SS4905
Buy $49 worth of stuff and get $5 off

SS9925
Buy $199 worth of stuff and get $25 off

SS0075
Buy $499 worth of stuff and get $75 off

Their FoxFarm 3 part liquid pack is only $30.00, and their FoxFarm Tri-Pack of solubles is only $64.00. Cheapest prices for FoxFarm nutes I have seen yet!

G

greenplanetguru

Horticulturesource.com

HI,

If you're in the states Horticulturesource.com is a very well stocked online gardening source. They have consistently the best prices I can find and they'll often match any lower price you find elsewhere. They have 3 west coast and two south central and south eastern distribution warehouses to ship from so their standard shipping typically only takes 1-3 days to arrive after the order is processed.

Peace! :sun

S

Stargazer

I live in Oregon.

I order from botanical.com/hydro. They have the best prices I've found on the stuff I use, tents and carbon filters.

They don't have the cheap stuff, but their name brands have some of the best, if not THE best, prices.

The shipping is fast, too. Whenever it has been crunch time, these guys have always been there.

Seriously, check them out if you are interested. They have the new Sunhut tents w/the steel poles. Amazing quality and great prices. All the stuff they have is top quality, and quality is not something I will skimp on...

T

themist

cheaphyroponics, dchyro, hydroponics.net, htgsupply. Of course I'm in the northeast, so I use companies somewhat near me. cheaphydroponics is in ohio, htg is in pennsylvania, and dchydro is in maryland. Saves me a lot on shipping.

P

pikes peak 69

Stay away from Maryland Hydro, MDHYDRO dot com.
Going on 5 weeks since Lumatek 600w crapped out and still trying to get a replacement. They lie, don't answer e-mails and they have someone answer the phone that you can't understand because their English is sooooo bad.

Rant Over,

pp69

T

themist

Stay away from Maryland Hydro, MDHYDRO dot com.
Going on 5 weeks since Lumatek 600w crapped out and still trying to get a replacement. They lie, don't answer e-mails and they have someone answer the phone that you can't understand because their English is sooooo bad

Rant Over,

pp69

mdhydro is the same as the dchydro I used before. But, I've never had to return anything. So, maybe I'll only recommend them for stuff that doesn't break (pots, soil, additives, nutes, etc).

M

MediVapeMan

I buy most of my large items online and save about 25-30% over retail prices, on average, even after you factor in shipping. A lot of online stores offer FREE shipping on purchases of over X amount, usually around $250+. Sometimes when I need something I just do a google search for the item + "free shipping" i.e., "ez clone 120 free shipping."

Here is a list of good online stores I have purchased from in the past that I would recommend:

http://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/
www.growlightexpress.com
www.aqualightsonline.com
www.4hydroponics.com
www.HorticultureSource.com

And seller, "seedsetc" on eBay. If you compile a list for this guy and send it to him he will usually give crazy deals on large purchases.

M

Mindbender

Growco Hydroponics Michigan

Here's the link to a shop in Michigan. Free shipping on orders over $250.

RELOADER212

RELOADER212

I like HTG Garden, products are quality and shipping is always very fast. 5 yr warranty on ballast. I still even have an old magnetic ballast from them, works good after several years of use.

T

Thatgirl

Greners.com is hands down the best online store I have found. Their prices are significantly lower then other sites, and they have free shipping for purchases over some low amount. Their customer service is top notch as well. One time they sent my dad two growAs, instead of the A and B. To make it right they just sent a B, didnt even ask for the 2nd A back! We buy the largest quantity too, its like 23L or something. I thought that was pretty outstanding of them to do that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom