Which product would you use

• Thread starter freezeland2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
freezeland2

freezeland2

I have a couple plants growing outside in living soil in 10gal bags. They been out there a couple months and between the rains, and my watering I am needing to do an amendment. Looks like magnesium is needed most. I have dyna gro magpro and also technaflora magical on hand. Both are old though, like 10 years old. Not sure either are still good. The magical has calcium included whereas the magpro does not. Which of these two would you use to correct a mag Deficiency? Plants are flowering about two weeks now.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I would grab a 25 liter bag of worm castings. And top dress. Last one I bought was 14 CDN.
I can do that, but is that gonna help with the mag def? I’m a hydro guy growing in soil. First time I have had to amend my soil.

Ponky

Ponky

I can do that, but is that gonna help with the mag def? I’m a hydro guy growing in soil. First time I have had to amend my soil.
It's supposed to be very rich in magnesium. It's not a cure all. But it is like giving the a big pile of raw ingredients. Without turning the soil hot. With magnesium and live soil I'm unsure how to up magnesium alone. I 7se epsom salts in promix. But live soil might have different solutions. Worm castings works great in black earth, promix, sunshine mix, and to top dress house plants. I use it on Mother plants to bury the top layer. And I use half a bag per bale of promix because I feel it helps prevent fungus.

freezeland2

freezeland2

It's supposed to be very rich in magnesium. It's not a cure all. But it is like giving the a big pile of raw ingredients. Without turning the soil hot. With magnesium and live soil I'm unsure how to up magnesium alone. I 7se epsom salts in promix. But live soil might have different solutions. Worm castings works great in black earth, promix, sunshine mix, and to top dress house plants. I use it on Mother plants to bury the top layer. And I use half a bag per bale of promix because I feel it helps prevent fungus.
One of our local nursery’s has it. Saw it there a while back. I’ll give it whirl and see how they respond.

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Farm supply stores will carry something like 30lb bags of EWC for ~$20.

Like Ponky said, not a cure all, but a healthy mix of a bunch of stuff that will quickly fortify your medium.

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

I have a couple plants growing outside in living soil in 10gal bags. They been out there a couple months and between the rains, and my watering I am needing to do an amendment. Looks like magnesium is needed most. I have dyna gro magpro and also technaflora magical on hand. Both are old though, like 10 years old. Not sure either are still good. The magical has calcium included whereas the magpro does not. Which of these two would you use to correct a mag Deficiency? Plants are flowering about two weeks now.
If it's magnesium you need, get some Epsom salts from your local pharmacy or supermarket. That's magnesium sulfate and it's natural/organic. Worm castings never hurt anything, either!

freezeland2

freezeland2

Ok grabbed the castings and topped dressed. I also hit em with a low dose of magpro. I stripped all the yellow leafs off and I’ll see how they respond now.

Top Bottom