Which reasonably priced high tech equipment would you recommend for the tent

• Thread starter the123321
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
the123321

the123321

I am new to growing. I am looking at the 32x32 tent with the 240w kingbrite quantum board with the ac infinity 6" fan with filter with 3-4 auto plants in coco coir in 3 gallon fabric pots for the perpetual grow where you plant 1-2 plants every few weeks to where you could harvest 1-2 plants every few weeks for it. I want to keep the noise and odor as low as possible in the tent on there for it.

What kind of high tech equipment would you recommend for the tent that makes growing easier? I am looking for a temperature and humidity meter that you can view on your phone. Which one would you recommend? Do you have any more high tech equipment you would recommend for the tent on there for it?

Newbieleaf

Newbieleaf

A arduino with WiFi hat and dht22 or esp8266 with dht22 sensor. You can check these remotely if your up for setting them up. For temp And humidity

Swegrow

Swegrow

I am new to growing. I am looking at the 32x32 tent with the 240w kingbrite quantum board with the ac infinity 6" fan with filter with 3-4 auto plants in coco coir in 3 gallon fabric pots for the perpetual grow where you plant 1-2 plants every few weeks to where you could harvest 1-2 plants every few weeks for it. I want to keep the noise and odor as low as possible in the tent on there for it.

What kind of high tech equipment would you recommend for the tent that makes growing easier? I am looking for a temperature and humidity meter that you can view on your phone. Which one would you recommend? Do you have any more high tech equipment you would recommend for the tent on there for it?

I got my lights and fans hooked up to amazon alexa and smartplugs. I can turn on/off with voice command and program timers in an app etc.. Getting a temp/humidity sensor that works with that setup asswell in the near future

the123321

the123321

Thanks. I thought about trying wifi outlets in the tent. I am looking at doing the auto plants though so I do not really need a timer right now for it. Which wifi hygrometer are you looking at for it?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Pulse One is a must. A wifi enabled smart switch with smart life support is also recommended. An inkbird humidity controller connected to a humidifier is also a nice addition as it lets you dial in your VPD and keep it where you want it.

I bought a WiFi enabled soil moisture monitor but it’s not worth the hassle or the cost to setup.

the123321

the123321

Thanks. The pulse plant monitor is a little expensive for the first grow though I may look into that in the future if I want to try that in the tent on there.

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
Smart plugs are finding more and more use in my g-room too. From timers to running extra ventilation and even setting up a vacation autowater system, I love 'em!

I have a LaCrosse wifi remote sensor for temp & humidity which can be accessed by their web portal for remote monitoring.
I can remotely activate a fan or exhaust if needed when an email alert comes from LaCrosse via the smart plug or alexa app.

Another kinda cool device but there's no app or remote way to view it, is an all in one temp, RH, and Co2 monitor from Autopilot. I like the Co2 readout because it's saved me from investing in gas or anything Co2 related.
Turns out between me, my wife, 2 dogs and 2 cats breathing in our size home keeps my Co2 well above the 300ppm minimum needed and usually up around 700-1000.

Munch517

Munch517

I have a Trolmaster Hydro-x controller, for $270 you get the head unit and a temp/humidity/light probe that you can monitor from your phone. There's tons of add-ons to have it control CO2, fans, humidifiers/dehumidifiers, heat and A/C, etc...

I made a video to explain it to someone else in my grow diary:

the123321

the123321

Thanks. The equipment you mentioned look interesting. I may look into that for future grows on there.

Top Bottom