Which strain to go with

• Thread starter Skuff
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Skuff

Hey, been a while but im back with a couple of questions.. Ive grown Jack Flash for about 8 years.. The original seed was planted about 15 years back, and has been carried on with clones ever since.. Now as you can imagine, its becoming rather random with its yield and quality (range between 27 oz to 10 oz from 4 plants) so im looking to move to something else.. Im a bit baffled which one to go for, as the jack was so good nothing has ever come close to it.. So im after a big yielder, with a kick ass smell, taste and smoke.. Any thoughts? Ive been looking at Armageddon, but cant really find much info on it.. Also heard something about th bomb and hog? Anybody had any experience with any of the above?

G

greenplanetguru

THSeeds "The Hog"

Hi,

I'm just back in the game after a 3 year hiatus but I grew THSeeds "The Hog" for about 5 years and it's a killer strain. Very heavy buzz and a great yielding strain. It also is great for indoors with a classic indica 'Christmas Tree' bushy, short stature plant with huge colas. I found it really did well lollipopped to 5-6 colas. I'm not familiar with Jack Flash but you'll like the Hog. The best yield I got was when I flowered out my mother hog. It was pretty hacked up and short but had a great root structure and I got almost 6 oz off of one plant in a 2x4x8 closet under a 600w.

Happy Strain Hunting!:rasta2:

S

Skuff

Sounds good man, def a possible idea.. Has anyone had any dealings with armageddon? as i can possibly get a good cutting, where as anything else ill have to do from seed, which is something i havnt done for a good few years

B

barneyfife

skuff have you considered ak47? you get really good yield and very good potentcy.
sorry dont no anything about armageddon if i remember correct its from homegrown fantaseeds?
geenplantguru you must have got lucky with your hog. all the girls i got were very sativa in structure and finish time lol. very unhappy not a thseeds fan also tryed there bubblegum.
good luck with what ever strain you go with.

TheGodson

TheGodson

white rhino and crippled rhino, I have seen them do 2lbs per plant inside. Thats if your going for the overall high and decent taste with a fat yield.

B

barneyfife

i was given a white rhino cut by a friend will be running some of it on my next round.

R

ReelBusy1

You might want to try Elvis.
Great taste, a great high and yields well.

G

greenthumb

i know its been around for a while but you can still get hold of some MR NICE BLACK WIDOW when grown well its still a knock out smoke

S

Skuff

skuff have you considered ak47? you get really good yield and very good potentcy.
sorry dont no anything about armageddon if i remember correct its from homegrown fantaseeds?
geenplantguru you must have got lucky with your hog. all the girls i got were very sativa in structure and finish time lol. very unhappy not a thseeds fan also tryed there bubblegum.
good luck with what ever strain you go with.

I was lead to believe ak47 wasnt a big yielder? I also tried thseeds bubblegum a few years back from seed, and really wasnt impressed at all (got about 2 oz, where as the jacks i had in at the same time produced over 5 oz each)

N

negative 1

so are ya growing bushes or whats the method? i've never tried the hog but had awesome results from the chocolate chunk from th seeds real stable all ten plants looked like they were grown from seed minus two were purple. i did it sog style though for colas and had em under 650 total watts of light. i'd like to give the hog a whirl someday.... good luck with the selection. also check out bodhi seeds his always kick ass.

S

Skuff

I use the grow tank nft method in both rooms.. And basically grow 4 trees (the jack gets very tall, so i just put in 4 cuttings at around 20-25 cms, and let nature do the rest).. I think i may have become a little set in my ways, so i think its time to try and upgrade my methods.. I use 600w in one room and 400w in another..

B

barneyfife

no ak isnt a low yielder trust me. and you say you grow trees so it will do ya very good.

S

Skuff

I think there may be some ak47 cuttings floating about near me actually, i may grab one for a tester.. The next 2 crops of jack are looking good again now, its so damn random at the minute..

R

Rasta311

SS Chronic is a very heavy yeilder....Ive seen people pull a LB from a 600w using that strain.

H

heeznutz

Sannies Jack is a big yielder .

hxxp://www.sanniesshop.com/sannies-jack-p-687.html

R

Rasta311

Edit. The LB from chronic was pulled only using a 400w and not a 600w.

S

Skuff

Sannies Jack is a big yielder .

hxxp://www.sanniesshop.com/sannies-jack-p-687.html

That does look pretty nice, Jack herer is one of my all time fav's (behind jack flash though) :joint:

Also i havnt grown from a seed for years, if i go for a seed option, what is the best method to get the best female from the batch? i.e do i plant all the seeds? half? 1? (lol)

Top Bottom