Which UC

• Thread starter Zensai
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

Zensai

My flower room consist of a 8x14 space. I have 6000 watts hanging, 2 ton A/C, 1 hp chiller, and water cooled co2 gen. I'm looking to replace my Ebb & Grow with a Under Current system. Due to the size of my room, I am looking for some input on which system would make the most sense. I'm looking at the UC8XL13, which will fit my light footprint. Or I'm looking at taking a UCE18XL13 system and pulling out one row of 3 making it a 15 site. I know the optimal plant per light combo is 4 plants per 1000 watt. I've also thought about doing a 6 site with each plant directly under its own light. I have a 150 gallon RO rez, and 150 gallon Top off rez as well. I might monocrop, and I might run similar genetic strains together. I do want to achieve a good g/w ratio. I'm hoping to produce between 9-12lbs per cycle.

So farmers what do you think?

hiboy

hiboy

Have you checked the website for the layouts they have already configured for 3 rows.
Pretty awesome
hiboy

Z

Zensai

Maybe my question wasn't clear, I am aware they make the UCE which is the 3 row model, and they make the normal 2 row model. I'm looking for advice with horizontal lighting, what is going to be better for my room layout.

hiboy

hiboy

vert is the way to go if you can. Although i havent ran uc yet, i have a ucxl12 in the garage waiting for the new room to be built, i have done research and seen alot of the rooms already built. If you can rock the ac and your electrical bill isnt a factor, place some 1000watt xxl magnums or equals above your uc, Minimum is 50 watts per sq ft. You'll have to do some math to see what works for your layout,
Vertical is the way to go for lighting if possible, a bulb putting out 360 degrees of light is way better than having the horiz set up.
hiboy

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

here's a thought for you, what if something goes wrong with the grow you lose everything, now if you had 2 separate systems you only lose one, I'm just getting to the end of my first grow and have had some issues but they were my fault and the cost of learning. My second system goes live next weekend.

Hope you have a humidifier you will likely need it.

Your lighting question can be answered by looking at what Jack is doing in his second grow.

I also noticed the guys getting the big numbers are using duel spectrum bulbs worth looking into. I just hang 1000MH every other light. Best of luck, you will need more room than you think

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

My flower room consist of a 8x14 space. I have 6000 watts hanging, 2 ton A/C, 1 hp chiller, and water cooled co2 gen. I'm looking to replace my Ebb & Grow with a Under Current system. Due to the size of my room, I am looking for some input on which system would make the most sense. I'm looking at the UC8XL13, which will fit my light footprint. Or I'm looking at taking a UCE18XL13 system and pulling out one row of 3 making it a 15 site. I know the optimal plant per light combo is 4 plants per 1000 watt. I've also thought about doing a 6 site with each plant directly under its own light. I have a 150 gallon RO rez, and 150 gallon Top off rez as well. I might monocrop, and I might run similar genetic strains together. I do want to achieve a good g/w ratio. I'm hoping to produce between 9-12lbs per cycle.

So farmers what do you think?

I just did a 6 plant 6000 watt it was worth it just gotta make sure you veg enough. I added 2 more now its 8000 over 6 plants.You can fit 8- 12 in the amount of space you are working with. You would have to do a 3-4 week veg at least IMO

Ps it would be incredibly hard to pull that much weight in that space with that much light. You better shoot for 6# so you won't be disappointed.

redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue

id go with 6x 13 gal buckets, or 1 bucket per light, and make your life easy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom