White/brown dots on my fan leaves, please help it’s my first time growing and I don’t want it to die on me

• Thread starter 420blaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

420blaze

So I’ve got a young seedling she’s only like a month if not just under a month old, and I’ve noticed there’s brown small dots on the fan leaves. At first I shat myself and thought “oh crap spider mites” but after examining it for almost an hour (I’m not joking) and researching the piss out of spider mites, it doesn’t look like it is. I’m not a veteran grower so I could be wrong but I thought I’d get a opinion from maybe some other experienced growers. There’s also what seems to be scorch marks on the tips of the fan leaves, not all of then just some, so I could be leaving my grow lights on for to long, I normally do 12 hours on 6-10 off. Any help would very much appreciated, thank you
Whitebrown dots on my fan leaves please help its my first time growing and i dont want it to d
Whitebrown dots on my fan leaves please help its my first time growing and i dont want it to
Whitebrown dots on my fan leaves please help its my first time growing and i dont want it to

Dizzy88

Dizzy88

So I’ve got a young seedling she’s only like a month if not just under a month old, and I’ve noticed there’s brown small dots on the fan leaves. At first I shat myself and thought “oh crap spider mites” but after examining it for almost an hour (I’m not joking) and researching the piss out of spider mites, it doesn’t look like it is. I’m not a veteran grower so I could be wrong but I thought I’d get a opinion from maybe some other experienced growers. There’s also what seems to be scorch marks on the tips of the fan leaves, not all of then just some, so I could be leaving my grow lights on for to long, I normally do 12 hours on 6-10 off. Any help would very much appreciated, thank you View attachment 1006851View attachment 1006852View attachment 1006853View attachment 1006854View attachment 1006855
Get some lady bugs mate ...

or neem oil mixed w/ a wetting agent (coco-wet, etc) and spray the leaves every 3-5 days.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I never had luck with neem oil but I suppose you can use it as one of the two products you're going to need to eliminate them

because one product won't do it, they will adapt and in no time they'll be swimming the backstroke in whatever you spray on them

Make no mistake mites are the biggest battle you'll ever have in indoor cannabis cultivation

I would recommend making the second product a strong commercial product and alternate them as directed every three or four days

Recommend you read more & follow directions on the product, best wishes

basscaptain

basscaptain

neem oil isn't just going to do it............................... you can use it but your going to need a few things...... Everyone says 3-5 days between the diff sprays....

I say screw that ...>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> hit them everyday/night and kill them...but that's just me I'm hard on shit.............. for the 1st wk.... then go to a mwf wk 2 then wk3 2 times a wk.... but that's just me......

your new to this so do what the 3-5 days deal but stay on top of it........................

Dizzy88

Dizzy88

neem oil isn't just going to do it............................... you can use it but your going to need a few things...... Everyone says 3-5 days between the diff sprays....

I say screw that ...>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> hit them everyday/night and kill them...but that's just me I'm hard on shit.............. for the 1st wk.... then go to a mwf wk 2 then wk3 2 times a wk.... but that's just me......

your new to this so do what the 3-5 days deal but stay on top of it........................
I haven’t had much experience w the mites other than small issue w/ outdoor plants last year ... I hit them w/ neem oil twice and it seemed to go away but probably was minor infestation... I’d listen to the vets like basscapt and beachwalker tho mate u might need something stronger

420blaze

O
I never had luck with neem oil but I suppose you can use it as one of the two products you're going to need to eliminate them

because one product won't do it, they will adapt and in no time they'll be swimming the backstroke in whatever you spray on them

Make no mistake mites are the biggest battle you'll ever have in indoor cannabis cultivation

I would recommend making the second product a strong commercial product and alternate them as directed every three or four days

Recommend you read more & follow directions on the product, best wishes
Thanks man ur a gift sent from the gods, as is pretty much else helping me out but anyway, thanks bro. Can it just be any neem oil or is there any specific brand u could recommend? Or just buy 2 and spray as directed?

420blaze

Make some sns 217. Rosemary oil, coconut oil and dawn dish soap to emulsify in the water.
I’ll give it a shot, does it work on early infeststation? I havnt seen webs yet so it must be early, but it won’t be to harsh on my girl will it??

420blaze

Oh I will man this is my first grow and u have no idea how annoyly difficult germinating the seeds was and I really can’t be fucked doing it all over again. Besides I don’t want a month of work to go to waste. Ill do exactly as you’ve said, I’m also going to implement what some else said and use 2 different ones. By my eye, it looks like an early infestation so if I start tmz I’ll hopefully have em gone in a few weeks. I really do appreciate The help bro, u have no idea how much it means

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

O

Thanks man ur a gift sent from the gods, as is pretty much else helping me out but anyway, thanks bro. Can it just be any neem oil or is there any specific brand u could recommend? Or just buy 2 and spray as directed?
Thank you for your kind words, I don't recommend neem oil.

I recommend finding the 2 strongest commercial products you can buy

Recommend you read up first before you make any purchases, use products only as directed and never spray with the lights on

Mites are another level; best of luck with it cuz you're going to need it

420blaze

Recommend you read up first before you make any purchases, use products only as directed and never spray with the lights on

Hopefully I can get rid of them bro I’ve seen some of my mates grows go to shit just before they start flowering and they just didint pay enough attention to it and before you know it was too late. I’ll do my research into it bro, I really do appreciate the help man you have no idea how much it means to me having be a first-time grower. If it all works out well I’ll chuck a message in a few with a few attached photos 🤙🏽🤙🏽 Thanks for help man

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hopefully I can get rid of them bro I’ve seen some of my mates grows go to shit just before they start flowering and they just didint pay enough attention to it and before you know it was too late. I’ll do my research into it bro, I really do appreciate the help man you have no idea how much it means to me having be a first-time grower. If it all works out well I’ll chuck a message in a few with a few attached photos 🤙🏽🤙🏽 Thanks for help man
No problem if I can answer other questions feel free to tag me in;

neem oil will work as one of the two products and is commonly available but strongly recommend the second one be something very strong & very commercial

I didn't look at your other issue because mites can cause almost any other issue, there's no real way of knowing

I recommend don't adjust anything until you've either controlled or eliminated the mites

420blaze

No problem if I can answer other questions feel free to tag me in;

neem oil will work as one of the two products and is commonly available but strongly recommend the second one be something very strong & very commercial

I didn't look at your other issue because mites can cause almost any other issue, there's no real way of knowing

I recommend don't adjust anything until you've either controlled or eliminated the mites
Sorry for the constant reply’s bro but ur incredibly helpful, legit man, quick as fuck to reply and very informative. Exactly what I need right now. If I wasn’t messaging u thru this rn I’d probibly be having a joint or bong with ya 😂
Thanks bro, again like I said I really appreciate the help. I’m gunna get some neem oil and see if that works first, I’m also gunna get some lady bugs and let em go ham on my plant for a few days, if it look like there still mites I’ll use the really strong shit to get rid em. I hope to fuck this works out well

the rrock

the rrock

Ive always used a miticide either Avid or Floramite(on a rotating basis) neem oil is a joke imo. I only use these on leaves in veg. But ive spray once then they gone. With no oily residue. Now avail on amazon, and let us know if the ladybugs are working before they leave or die.

Eddiemunny48

Eddiemunny48

Sns 217 recipe. Says 2 % rosemary and I believe .1 % Lauric acid. Coconut oil is 50 percent Lauric acid.
1 gallon water
30 ml Rosemary oil
10 ml coconut oil (make sure it’s warm otherwise it will be a clump of butter like substance, I believe 80 degrees plus will suffice)
2.5 ml aka half teaspoon dish soap.
shake vigorous.
douse plants and dirt
Can be used in flower

how it works is the rosemary fries the mites. The oils saturate the eggs making them unable to hatch.
DO NOT use 2.0 % rosemary oil, you will be sorry. 2.0% of 3785 ml is 75.7 ml, so less than half is recommended (30 ml is optimal) not all rosemary oils are exactly the same hence why you slice in half.

my mix should be applied every 2-3 days 3 times, mites gone. Also works on fungi.

cottageman

cottageman

On the winning side of a spider mite infestation right now. I spray every 2-3 days and rotate between plant therapy and purecrop1. Plant therapy kills both adults and eggs which is huge in breaking their life cycle. Purecrop1 kills any plant sucking insect and both of these products are extremely hard to build resistance to and are very gentle on your plants. The people from purecrop1 say you can even spray it on beneficial mites and it won’t kill them. Alternating sprays like this as well as beneficial bugs and beneficial mites will help you get a complete kill. Knockdown with sprays and then release beneficial bugs to wipe the mites out for good.
in my experience root aphids were WAY worse to deal with but maybe I just got lucky with my mite problem

Latest posts

Top Bottom