" White Chocolate " - My First Grow

• Thread starter GrowzNCali
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Do you find this journal to be helpful/informative/interesting?

• Yes, absolutely!

• Somewhat, but only a little.

• No, there isn't really a point to this journal.

Results are only viewable after voting.
GrowzNCali

GrowzNCali

I'll be updating this thread as my first grow progresses. I've decided to nickname this grow "White Chocolate" as it consists of two plants, one is "The White" and the other is "Chocolate Hashberry".

So now a couple things to note about my grow upfront:
  • Temps are running hotter (82-83°F avg./lights up), since this is ideal temps for CO2 grow I've added it to my grow.
  • My tent is only 5' high, will cope with it for this grow and upgrade for next.
  • I started my grow with some clones about ~2 weeks old, I'll be referencing from Week 1, which is from the point when I transplanted the clones into DWC tanks.
  • You can find more details about my setup here.
Week 1, Day 1 - Transplant Clones

Purchased clones from Harborside - Oakland, both minis/heartlets, about 2 weeks old.

Nutes/Additives:

(Using GH Trio Gro/Micro/Bloom)
  • Gro: 2tsp/gal
  • Micro: 1tsp/gal
  • Bloom: (will drop to .5tsp/gal until flower)
  • Hydroguard: 2ml/gal
  • CalMag: .5ml/gal
  • PH: ~6.1
  • CO2: ~1200ppm (released via timer first 15 mins of every hour)
Lights:
400W MH, 24 Hours, 16.5 in above plants

Plants:
The White (TW): 2" after transplant
Chocolate Hashberry (CH): 3.5" after transplant

Temp:
~81-82°F 42% RH @ 8:12pm

Unnamed 2   copy
Unnamed 10   copy
Unnamed 12   copy
Unnamed   copy
Unnamed 1   copy

GrowzNCali

GrowzNCali

Week 1, Day 2

Slight yellow on some leaves of (TW). I will watch to see if it spreads.

I thought about topping but after refreshing myself on ideal timing decided to wait until week 2 when some roots have hit the water.

Plants:
(TW): 2.125" (+ .125")
(CH): 4" (+ .5")

Lights:
24 hours, will switch to 18/6 after tonight

Temp:
~79°F 50% RH @ 8:27pm

Week 1, Day 3

Noticed (CH) had some droopy leaves. Likely transplant shock.

Plants:
(TW): 2.75" (+ .625")
(CH): 4.25" (+ .25")

Lights:
First lights out @ ~1:30pm. (74°F 50% RH 10 mins later)

Added a digital light timer and began 18/6 light schedule.

Light Schedule (Veg Phase)

Key:
+ = Lights On
- = Lights Off

11AM 5PM
< +++++++++|- - - - - -|+++++++++ >

Week 1, Day 4

Growing concerned w/ droop. Ran cups of res water over hydroton. Seemed like plants were a little happier. Will continue to watch. Topped off w/ distilled water, about 1/4" above marker (into nets).

Plants:
(TW): 2.75" (+ .375")
(CH): 4.5" (+ .25")

Temp:
~81°F 52% RH @ 9:39pm

Week 1, Day 5

Still monitoring yellow and droop.

Plants:
(TW): 3.125" (+ .375")
(CH): 4.625" (+ .125")

Temp:
~83°F 50% RH

Week 1, Day 6

Plants are bouncing back. Leaves uplifting. Growth. Today was the first day I saw roots sticking out of the pots. Bot plants having at least one in the water.

Checked PH, a little high, brought back to ~6.1.

Lights may have been on all day, need to test light timer.

Plants:
(TW): 3.5" (+ .375")
(CH): 4.75" (+ .125")

Week 1, Day 7

More roots. Some brown on them, possible nutrients stain, will monitor. Plants seem fully recovered from droop.

Pruned 1 yellowing leaf off (TW).

Plants:
(TW): 3.6" (+ .1")
(CH): 4.875" (+ .125")

Also learned more about genetic makeup to compare against what I'm seeing in growth and plant characteristics.

(TW): 85% Indica, 15% Sativa
(CH): 50% Indica, 50% Sativa

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

BTW, if a moderator sees this thread can you please edit the thread's title to "White Chocolate"? Right now it is "white Chocolate". My OCD will thank you. :p
I tried and it wouldnt let me...Let me work on it some more

Leew421

Leew421

You are going to wear yourself out doing that kind of grow log. You may want to consider starting more for a stock of some sort.

GrowzNCali

GrowzNCali

You are going to wear yourself out doing that kind of grow log. You may want to consider starting more for a stock of some sort.

I'm open to suggestions. Not sure what you mean exactly. Keep in mind this is my first grow and there are only two plants involved. I don't mind it really. Right now I look forward to my daily journal entry. ;)

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Is the white from dark heart nursery? I just picked up one of their the white cuts. Just flipped about 4 days ago. So far she is a super short stout plant. Tight nodes. I’m curious to see her stretch.

3AFD1563 AFAE 44F3 B593 A91953D264A1
Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Is the white from dark heart nursery? I just picked up one of their the white cuts. Just flipped about 4 days ago. So far she is a super short stout plant. Tight nodes. I’m curious to see her stretch.
Actually just saw you got them from harborside. They are the same cut them. Right on bro. She’s a super stout girl so keep that in mind. I had to prop her up to get her to the canopy but other than that great structure. I hope she has a d cent stretch in her tho. Haha

GrowzNCali

GrowzNCali

Yep, from Dark Heart bro. I've been noticing that she is very short so far. Crazy to see you're into your flower and she's still so short. I don't feel so bad about what I'm seeing in my grow now. Seems that's her profile. She's barely over 4" while my other plant is 7.5+" (haven't measured yet today). Out of curiosity how long did you veg her? Also, did you notice her root system growing on the slower side?

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Yep, from Dark Heart bro. I've been noticing that she is very short so far. Crazy to see you're into your flower and she's still so short. I don't feel so bad about what I'm seeing in my grow now. Seems that's her profile. She's barely over 4" while my other plant is 7.5+" (haven't measured yet today). Out of curiosity how long did you veg her? Also, did you notice her root system growing on the slower side?
I didn’t veg her long at all. I grew her big enough to get about 7 cuts. (Like 3 weeks) then let her r cover and flipped. I flipped my moms and I’m going to be making new moms. Give me a chance to see how the new ones flower before a full rip

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

I wouldn’t say she’s slower just very stout. I have her propped up to be level with the rest. Thag will be hard ok dwc but try training the other one and letting the white grow a lil taller. Just a thought. She’s gonna be short throughout

GrowzNCali

GrowzNCali

I didn’t veg her long at all. I grew her big enough to get about 7 cuts. (Like 3 weeks) then let her r cover and flipped. I flipped my moms and I’m going to be making new moms. Give me a chance to see how the new ones flower before a full rip

I wouldn’t say she’s slower just very stout. I have her propped up to be level with the rest. Thag will be hard ok dwc but try training the other one and letting the white grow a lil taller. Just a thought. She’s gonna be short throughout

Right on bro. Thanks for the info. It provides me a lot of insight early on. Being new I can use all of it can get. Cool that we source at the same spot. We'll have to pay extra attention to each other's journals. :)

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Definitely. I really need to get my thread back going. I haven’t posted in it in a while. Haha. I’ve got a lot goin just getting started right now so I’ll get it back up and crackin. Hahah.
Yea I got the cut from a buddy but he got it from there. I look forward to seeing yours.

Top Bottom