White Collar Weed and the War on Small Growers

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
White Collar Weed. Quote; "I voted against legalization, Never smoked, don't ever intend too" I couldn't tell you what it taste like, or something special about a plant. It's not something I understand... It's a product, this is a manufacturing facility... CEO: Livewell, (Largest dispensary in Colorado)

Biggest tsunami of money, in my lifetime... the voters care zero about this (control of all growing rights in a dozen or so hands).... Capitalist do that, I'm a blue blooded American capitalist..

Small Growers/farmers: Were hanging on by our fingertips, but were going to fight, were going to fight all the way to the end.

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

Unfortunately, this is hardly unique to Cannabis. Small family farms have been in decline in North America since the 1940s:

imrs.php

Small farms represented 46 percent of production in the United States in 1991. But by 2015, that share had fallen to under 25 percent, according to the US Department of Agriculture. Among dairy farms in Wisconsin, the numbers are striking - the state topped out at 167,000 in 1940 and now has just 9,000.

Small Cannabis growers that are starting to feel the pinch of industrial agriculture would be wise to forge alliances with small farmers and organizations that support them. Nationally in the USA, here are a few such organizations:

There are also a variety of state- and regional-based organizations. Look for them in yours. Get involved, donate where you can, spread the word and, above all, support your local organic family farms!

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Unfortunately, this is hardly unique to Cannabis. Small family farms have been in decline in North America since the 1940s:

imrs.php

Small Cannabis growers that are starting to feel the pinch of industrial agriculture would be wise to forge alliances with small farmers and organizations that support them. Nationally in the USA, here are a few such organizations:

There are also a variety of state- and regional-based organizations. Look for them in yours. Get involved, donate where you can, spread the word and, above all, support your local organic family farms!
Agreed. there were far more small scale producers here in Washington State before i502, also in Oregon, and California.
Since legalization has passed; there been a concerted effort to wipe the small scale producers out; using state apparatus; and hand it over to corporate interest, that should be illegal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom