White Fly Nymphs on Sugar Leaves? Just Harvested - are my buds ok to vape?

• Thread starter THCRockBill
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
THCRockBill

THCRockBill

Hi All,

I just completed my third grow, Girl Scout Cookies, and battled whiteflies during the grow. I added ladybugs to the grow tent early in flowering as I didn't want to use Neem Oil during flowering. The plant stayed healthy looking but there were quite a few whiteflies at harvest. I noticed on many (most) of the sugar leaves little clear blobs (see pictures). From my research these look like white fly nymphs. I washed the buds using the four bucket method (baking soda, lemon juice, and two separate distilled water rinses) before drying. Just trimmed all the buds and the little blobs were still on most of the sugar leaves. Even though I trimmed as much as I could, I'm concerned because many of the blobs were very close to the buds on the sugar leaves, and I can't get all the sugar leaves trimmed all the way to the stem (plus of course some are curled in, so I can't get them all),. I figure there are some in the buds or at least on the leaves that remain in the buds. I can't see any on the buds themselves but I only looked at a few buds thoroughly and expect there may be some in there.

I figured the trim would be ok to run through a screen to make kief, since the nymphs are bigger than the screen. Does that sound ok? What about the buds themselves, are they safe to vape, or do I need to toss the harvest?

Thoughts and experiences greatly appreciated!

Thanks
THCBD

White fly nymphs on sugar leaves just harvested   are my buds ok to vape
White fly nymphs on sugar leaves just harvested   are my buds ok to vape 2
White fly nymphs on sugar leaves just harvested   are my buds ok to vape 3
White fly nymphs on sugar leaves just harvested   are my buds ok to vape 4
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I think you could maybe turn it into rso or something and then vape that but I dont know about just straight bud.

HighBuddha

HighBuddha

I would smoke some bugs. I'm sure it ain't gonna hurt you any. Just think of all the rat shit and insect parts allowed into your FDA approved foods 👍

THCRockBill

THCRockBill

I tend to agree. When I think back to the brick weed we got 40 years ago, and even my buddy's outdoor grows that never got washed, I never thought about the nearly microscopic bugs that might have been in there, and certainly never looked at it with a microscope. So I've probably smoked my fair share.

Makes me think of a couple of Cheech and Chong scenes, like the one about smokin' dog shit after the dog ate his stash, or when he smokes a dead roach off the counter.

Now I'm learning what to look for, and aiming for a higher quality. It's nice to know what's in and on the bud your smoking.

Just had a couple of small buds, it's nice...

THCRB
I would smoke some bugs. I'm sure it ain't gonna hurt you any. Just think of all the rat shit and insect parts allowed into your FDA approved foods 👍

Latest posts

Top Bottom